Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH! :gaah:

I mean, it's not like Gabe is busy with school and sports and friends!! How can he not have 'time' for the mental eval?

For the love of God, he's in jail!!! :facepalm:

Actually he's not. He's in the hospital and not in jail until he gets this done. Who knows how long he can make it take? But one would think they would know all about any little ploys by inmates to prolong evaluation times and not let them get away with it. Maybe he really cracked? OH but he walked into court on his own 2 feet today and back out right? So it's not as though he's catatonic with mania .

ETA Lovejac, the snarkiness in this post is NOT intended for you . Sorry if it sounds that way. It's totally AT this situation :)

you have got to be kidding what the heck have they been doing with this monster all this time...stroking his head and holding his hand?????

i thought this was a competency
evaluation .. not an entire comprehensive . Perhaps this has changed

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I am a psych nurse and have worked with all ages (4 yrs and up) in psychiatric hospitals. I have never dealt with a kid having to have a full evaluation to determine mental status to face charges for a crime, but I can tell you a few things they would probably be considering:

1. Overall mental health. Eating, sleeping, hygiene, interaction with staff and visitors if he is permitted to have any would be observed.

2. Medications: if he was on something before and compliant with it, they would probably keep him on it. If he is showing signs of severe instability they may have needed to introduce a new med to attempt to stabilize.

3. I'm assuming they would want tests such as CT scans, MRI, EEG to rule out any physical abnormality that could impact behavior

4. Review of all prior medical records including psych history

5. Review of all school records including any disciplinary actions ever needed

6. Full neurological testing to evaluate his IQ, present "mental" age, present capabilities of comprehension, checking for any possible learning disabilities or cognitive deficits

As you can see, it would be a multidisciplinary team working with him to obtain and review all the info, and then they would probably meet to make a determination. I don't know how the official determination of competence would be decided.

As I said this is my best guess and not an official professional opinion. Typically the kids I've dealt with were in crisis of some sort, stabilized and released in 3-7 days, and GG's evaluation would have to be much more in depth than that.

Unbelievable! Why was GG's case not put to the front of the stack IF a backlog is the problem? Sorry, doubting Thomas here does not buy this story.

How can GG be so calm and in control as people see him coming and going and inside the court room? So, the kid wants to play games, be in control? There certainly must be something the judge can do to show GG who IS in control! Throw him in jail for not cooperating! It seems obvious GG is calling the shots! Nothing wrong with him!

Question - it keeps being said that GG will go to a juvenile detention center until he turns 18. Does WA not put alleged murder/rapists in county jail?

My opinions only!

Wouldn't the court date be delayed long before the "last minute" if he wasn't ready ?? Or is it normal to keep the date on the docket then just play the delay game on the date of?

I'm thinking that they left it on the schedule so as to get it "on record" -- I assume a court reporter is there, all the principals are there, etc., so maybe this is how it's done routinely. JMO.

Unbelievable! Why was GG's case not put to the front of the stack IF a backlog is the problem? Sorry, doubting Thomas here does not buy this story. How can GG be so calm and in control as people see him coming and going and inside the court room? So, the kid wants to play games, be in control? There certainly must be something the judge can do to show GG who IS in control! Throw him in jail for not cooperating! It seems obvious GG is calling the shots! Nothing wrong with him!

Question - it keeps being said that GG will go to a juvenile detention center until he turns 18. Does WA not put alleged murder/rapists in county jail?

My opinions only!

bubm

couldn't agree more -- very fishy.....

I'm thinking that they left it on the schedule so as to get it "on record" -- I assume a court reporter is there, all the principals are there, etc., so maybe this is how it's done routinely. JMO.

Could be. The Bremerton Patriot article called it a "status hearing," which could mean just that. All the reports are supposed to be delivered as soon as the evaluation is complete so I don't think anyone was surprised. And I guess if the reports came in just prior to the hearing then they could have gone ahead with the arraignment.

http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/news/273093071.html

Actually he's not. He's in the hospital and not in jail until he gets this done. Who knows how long he can make it take? But one would think they would know all about any little ploys by inmates to prolong evaluation times and not let them get away with it. Maybe he really cracked? OH but he walked into court on his own 2 feet today and back out right? So it's not as though he's catatonic with mania .

ETA Lovejac, the snarkiness in this post is NOT intended for you . Sorry if it sounds that way. It's totally AT this situation :)

Oh Schmae :blowkiss: I know, thank you. I'm furious, too. And in my anger I had totally forgotten that he was being held in the hospital :facepalm:

And so now I'm even more mad because I want his raping, murdering azz in jail, not in a cushy hospital. I just want answers and I want the wheels of justice for Jenise to turn quickly.

Does anyone have a link that says he has been held in the hospital? All I remember seeing is that he is held off site of the main jail, but it would also state off site if he was being held in juvenile (which he would be until he turns 18).
And may I say it was nice reading a brief episode on this thread that was actually about the murderer, the case, and the crime and not about how you all raise your children.

The Center for Forensic Services is the part of Western State where doctors conduct the compentency evaluations on offenders prior to trial. I was looking for the number of beds available and according to the brochure (first link below) it's 240.

I also found an executive summary (second link) from 2006 discussing the costs of various ways to conduct the evaluations - inpatient, outpatient, mixed etc. and the costs of each. I noticed this:

DSHS is mandated to provide forensic evaluation and treatment services when court-ordered.
Washington State has during the past ten years seen a steady and steep rise in the demand for
pretrial evaluation and competency restoration treatment. This trend is one that is occurring
nationwide. As a result, resources have been severely strained and some persons court-ordered
for inpatient evaluations are waiting in county jails for sixty days or more for hospital
admission.

So there may indeed be a wait time for a bed. That makes me wonder if GG actually has been at Western State this past week or if he's being held in the KC Youth Services Offender Unit while he waits for his evaluation.

http://www.washingtonci.com/skin/fr...studies/western-state-hospital-case-study.pdf
http://www.dshs.wa.gov/pdf/main/legrep/Leg1006/Forensic0606.pdf

ETA to add: Ontario Mom reported via KIRO7 news that GG is being held at the KC jail until his September 3 evaluation.

Hi elmomom!

I cross-posted with you! Yes, I'm wondering the same thing; where is GG?

I just watched KOMO 5pm news live so I don't have a link for it but it was said he'll be held at the KC jail (not the juvenile facility) until next Wednesday when he goes back to Western for his competency eval. They also had friends of both families on, expressing how traumatic it's been for BOTH families. The Gaeta family is still getting threats. :(

ETA: I spoke to my family member who used to work for the KCSO and he said as far as he knows (unless things have changed) all juveniles are held in the juvenile facility (even if charged as an adult) until their 18th birthday. So, either things have changed or they're making a special exception, or the KOMO reporter was wrong. Not sure which, but the custody list, updated at 4:58 today still shows Gaeta out to another facility. http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/incustody/incustody.asp

I just watched KOMO 5pm news live so I don't have a link for it but it was said he'll be held at the KC jail (not the juvenile facility) until next Wednesday when he goes back to Western for his competency eval. They also had friends of both families on, expressing how traumatic it's been for BOTH families. The Gaeta family is still getting threats. :(

ETA: I spoke to my family member who used to work for the KCSO and he said as far as he knows (unless things have changed) all juveniles are held in the juvenile facility (even if charged as an adult) until their 18th birthday. So, either things have changed or they're making a special exception, or the KOMO reporter was wrong. Not sure which, but the custody list, updated at 4:58 today still shows Gaeta out to another facility. http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/incustody/incustody.asp

Frustrating, eh? Someone said the updates lag so if GG was transferred to the jail today it may take a while before the site posts it.

I also wanted to add, watching the live news on KOMO just a bit ago they mentioned that it might be things like the answers Gaeta gave on ask dot fm that sort of give pause for thought on his competency eval. Frankly, I think that's a load of doo-doo. Some of our kids use that site too and the questions are dumb to begin with (on purpose) and the answers (in many many many cases) are supposed to be outrageous, funny, over the top, etc. I many cases it's sort of like a "top this" to ask a more outrageous question and/or to give a more outrageous answer.

I think if anyone wants to use that aspect of Gaeta's social media life to make any kind of excuse is seriously reaching.

I also wanted to add, watching the live news on KOMO just a bit ago they mentioned that it might be things like the answers Gaeta gave on ask dot fm that sort of give pause for thought on his competency eval. Frankly, I think that's a load of doo-doo. Some of our kids use that site too and the questions are dumb to begin with (on purpose) and the answers (in many many many cases) are supposed to be outrageous, funny, over the top, etc. I many cases it's sort of like a "top this" to ask a more outrageous question and/or to give a more outrageous answer.

I think if anyone wants to use that aspect of Gaeta's social media life to make any kind of excuse is seriously reaching.

ITA! Let's hope the medical personnel evaluating GG have as much insight into teens as you have. I'd hate to think what they could make of some of the Mad Libs answers I gave in the days before social media. :eek:hwow:

Gabe G. is a coward. I cannot even say what I really think. Not charged yet?? Gabe G. was in high school and on the wrestling team and did not show any mental illness from anything I have heard so far. He was functioning and had friends. I can somewhat understand why an evaluation was asked for, but why take so long? Let the mental health doctor come to the jail and evaluate him for goodness sake.

There was a 17 year old in our parish who shot and killed a deputy who was after him for trying to pass a stolen check at a bank. He was booked into the adult jail and tried as an adult. Of course there was a mental health evaluation done, but that was in preparation for actual trial. The decision to try this guy as an adult was made at the very outset and he never had his head covered nor was he coddled in any way. He was convicted of first degree murder of the deputy and he went straight to adult prison. I seriously doubt Gabe will be sent to a juvenile detention facility until he is 18 or 21. Why should he be treated as a juvenile after being sentenced as an adult? Louisiana may be different, though, because we don't play.

I am furious Gabe G. has not been charged yet. Charge him, then do the evaluation!! Sorry. I just had to let off some steam about this.

MOO

ITA! Let's hope the medical personnel evaluating GG have as much insight into teens as you have. I'd hate to think what they could make of some of the Mad Libs answers I gave in the days before social media. :eek:hwow:

I would certainly hope that they do but honestly sometimes the things I hear "professionals" say on msm just make me cringe. It's painfully clear in many cases they genuinely have no idea what they're talking about. They may be experts in this field or that, but when it comes to teens and social media, I've had many many years of experience (we have 7 kids) and some of the stuff I hear people say just makes me go "seriously? they didn't just say that, did they?" Granted, having 7 kids doesn't make me an expert in anything except always being low on toilet paper and milk, but I do have an insight, considering I was active online from the time my oldest was only 10 yrs old, back in 1993.

These doctors who work with the unsentenced inmates are too smart not to know what is going on with Gabe G.. They have seen it all and can tell when someone is malingering, IMO. He (Gabe) will not outsmart the doctors.

MOO

Gabe G. was in high school and on the wrestling team and did not show any mental illness from anything I have heard so far. He was functioning and had friends.

I totally get what you're saying. On a mental health perspective I don't believe for a moment there is anything wrong or impaired at all. I believe for a brief moment, he just gave in to a perverted, unthinkable wicked temptation and was overcome with what he'd done (which explains the excessive violence, bludgeoning and strangulation - which I believe in part was due to his repulsion of what he'd just done). He knew what he was doing, he knew it was wrong (evidence - hiding her, lying about it, the fake snot-act in the interrogation room), and he knew he had to keep it secret. Every single one of his actions AFTER the fact proves he knows right from wrong, legal from illegal, etc. He's totally competent to stand trial, but I just hope the professionals at Western don't try to make some sorry-excuse for him to further some agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj