MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us/police-say-mike-brown-was-killed-after-struggle-for-gun.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...own-St-Louis&p=10861113&posted=1#post10861113

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-teen-Michael-Brown-2&p=10867195#post10867195

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

Thread #12

:modstop:

A couple of things:

1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

So, wonder how long until the FBI authenticates the "you are pretty, you're so fine" recording :waiting:

So, wonder how long until the FBI authenticates the "you are pretty, you're so fine" recording :waiting:

Don't know about FBI but the chat company has authenticated it and the shots were at 12:02:14

Which we know is at the approximate exact time of the shooting.

I say "approximate exact" time because clocks can vary slightly within any system. I think police reports say it happened at 12:01???

Anyway, that came out today if you weren't aware. I tried to read every post, but eventually just jumped ahead. If you have seen this information, I apologize.

I think it is pretty well authenticated now because of the GLIDING people saying it was originally stamped at the exact time of the shooting.

Geesh...I had a hard time finding my way here! There no link or closed sign on the old thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geesh...I had a hard time finding my way here! There no link or closed sign on the old thread...

I thought there was a link on the second to last page, I could be wrong. A lot of us kept blabbing after that on the old thread, though. :)

Copied from Last Thread: From Dana

Just makes me wonder if this is a normal day for MB and thinks nothing of walking into a store, taking what he wants and shoving people around since it clearly shows he's not bothered by it from the vid cam at the store. I can't even imagine not running away and layin low.

Good one, Dana.

Not that it matters here, but, where I'm from, we see this same scenario played out all the time on the nightly local news. Same size clerk. Same size perp. Same attitude from the perp. I think it's a "thing". No guns, you know?

JMO. Yes I can provide links - but it would derail this thread and I won't do that.

Y'all have brought up something else I want to address.

DJ and the guy with the black tshirt and dreads both stated in their recounting of their version of events...

That no cops were called on them for stealing the cigars. They were pretty adamant about that...and we do know that the store in fact DID NOT CALL! It was a female customer that called.

People have then stated that MB walking in the street with the stolen cigars makes him arrogant, and shows a lack of common sense, etc. That is shows a blatant disregard for authority when he came face to face with a police officer.

My gut feeling here (and that is all it is, IMO and nothing else) is that this store was known to be a place where they didn't call the cops on petty thefts like this...even if pushed.

So in MB and DJ's mind...the cop was in fact just yelling at them to get off the street...and did not in fact know anything about the theft, if he in fact did (which of course is debatable based on reports). MB wasn't being blatantly disrespectful with stolen items in his hands because in his mind, the cop couldn't have known they were stolen!

I hope that makes sense...I feel like I have to put so many caveats and explanations into things...LOL!

I thought there was a link on the second to last page, I could be wrong. A lot of us kept blabbing after that on the old thread, though. :)

Oh could be...my tapatalk is being exceptionally wonky!

What I find infuriating is there seems to be zero empathy for the hard working people trying to make a living.

How dare people with the mentality that it's to be expected or excused!

I HATE the attitude that excuses a strong armed robbery as a teenage indiscretion. WHAT????

That's straight up bullcrap!!!!

Maybe if more people took more time working and taking some pride in what's theirs they wouldn't so easily excuse it. ...
I HATE a thief!

Ferguson protestors file $40M lawsuit against police - I assume the number has dwindled down from $200 M. Maybe it's because they could only find five plaintiffs. (Now known as the Ferguson Five)

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/loca...-lawsuit-against-police-departments/14756807/
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/28/ferguson-protestors-file-40m-lawsuit-against-police/

Pffffft...

Hopping on the gravy train...move over Rev Al!!!!

Snicker..."justice"
Yeah okay....what a freakin joke!

Ferguson protestors file $40M lawsuit against police - I assume the number has dwindled down from $200 M. Maybe it's because they could only find five plaintiffs. (Now known as the Ferguson Five)

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/loca...-lawsuit-against-police-departments/14756807/
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/28/ferguson-protestors-file-40m-lawsuit-against-police/
That what I was wondering...I believe it states in there that he expects others to join the lawsuit. :drumroll:

Copied from Last Thread: From Dana

Just makes me wonder if this is a normal day for MB and thinks nothing of walking into a store, taking what he wants and shoving people around since it clearly shows he's not bothered by it from the vid cam at the store. I can't even imagine not running away and layin low.

Not that it matters here, but, where I'm from, we see this same scenario played out all the time on the nightly local news. Same size clerk. Same size perp. Same attitude from the perp. I think it's a "thing". No guns, you know?

JMO. Yes I can provide links - but it would derail this thread and I won't do that.

Yes, I realize it happens all the time. My point was in this particular case with MB, has HE been doing it for some time and used to it since it doesn't seem to bother him in the least that police can see the vid cam in the store. I'm not particularly interested in half the population but thanks all the same :)

Yes, I realize it happens all the time. My point was in this particular case with MB, has HE been doing it for some time and used to it since it doesn't seem to bother him in the least that police can see the vid cam in the store. I'm not particularly interested in half the population but thanks all the same :)

Or he's just not the brightest bulb in the box.
Most Criminals tend to be that way. IMO

What I find infuriating is there seems to be zero empathy for the hard working people trying to make a living.

How dare people with the mentality that it's to be expected or excused!

I HATE the attitude that excuses a strong armed robbery as a teenage indiscretion. WHAT????

That's straight up bullcrap!!!!

Maybe if more people took more time working and taking some pride in what's theirs they wouldn't so easily excuse it. ...
I HATE a thief!

......And Liars, and Sneaks. (As my Dear Departed Mother would say.)

......And Liars, and Sneaks. (As my Dear Departed Mother would say.)

Them too!
And rapists, pedophiles, thugs, gangbangers...even animal abusers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member