How to determine if Grateful Doe is in Namus

DrDMike

Reaction score
What I suggest is combing through NAMUS case files to see if GD was reported missing. Since gd's DNA and prints are already in the system, this should whittle down the possible matches. Unfortunately, Namus does not have an advanced search where you can exclude possible matches with available DNA and fingerprints. Since GD was no older than 25, we can go through all missing persons cases from 1970 until 1995 with no DNA or fingerprints on file. If he is in Namus, then that would be the best way to find him.

I've been doing that with another case. I get the bigger list and sort them by DNA and keep the 'possibles' names in a notebook.

This case bugs me and I pop in every so often to see what is what.

take one or two yearsfrom 1970-1995 and go thru NAMUS looking for the MPs that match/come close to Jason's eye/hair, height and weight but have no DNA or fingerprints? If so, I think that is a GREAT idea!!!
That way we are not all reinventing the wheel by each of us combing through all years from 1970-1995.

Just MOO, but I also think one of the keys to id'ing him will be those size 11.5 FILA shoes. Those are not a cheap brand. That shoe size sounds very large for a man who was 5ft 8in.

As of Sept. 1 , 2014, these are NAMUS MP's who fit Jason's criteria and who do not have DNA on file. I used the search criteria: went LKA 1/1/1987-7/11/1995 ( to catch any MPs that might have been reported later or LKA not sure) brown eyes, age 13-25, height 63-70 inches. Name, State, what NAMUS says:

Larry Johnson- NC "sample available ,not yet submitted"

Shad Tyler- OR no DNA, no FP, no dentals. presumed drowned, body never recovered. Last seen jumping into water containing rocks

Jose Flores III NY DNA "initial inquiry underway"
Daniel Turpin WA DNA "initial inquiry underway" Mr. Turpin is probably too old in 1995 to be Jason.

John Brockbank CA dentals only are available for Mr. Brockbank

Gaudencio Malagon- FL no DNA, no FP, no dental, no photo
Soni Benetton CA no DNA, no FP, no dental, no photo

Will do the same for "hazel" eyes later this week.

Ronald LaValley and Shai Gitlis have recently had DNA completed, so they are probably automatic ruleouts. They are not on the ruleout list. Ronald LaValley has a "pierced left ear", though.

As of Sept. 1 , 2014, these are NAMUS MP's who fit Jason's criteria and who do not have DNA on file. I used the search criteria: went LKA 1/1/1987-7/11/1995 ( to catch any MPs that might have been reported later or LKA not sure) brown eyes, age 13-25, height 63-70 inches. Name, State, what NAMUS says:

Larry Johnson- NC "sample available ,not yet submitted"

Shad Tyler- OR no DNA, no FP, no dentals. presumed drowned, body never recovered. Last seen jumping into water containing rocks

Jose Flores III NY DNA "initial inquiry underway"
Daniel Turpin WA DNA "initial inquiry underway" Mr. Turpin is probably too old in 1995 to be Jason.

John Brockbank CA dentals only are available for Mr. Brockbank

Gaudencio Malagon- FL no DNA, no FP, no dental, no photo
Soni Benetton CA no DNA, no FP, no dental, no photo

Will do the same for "hazel" eyes later this week.

Ronald LaValley and Shai Gitlis have recently had DNA completed, so they are probably automatic ruleouts. They are not on the ruleout list. Ronald LaValley has a "pierced left ear", though.

Great job! It just occurred to me that some of the names are not typical american names. What if Jason was his English nickname. Just thinking...

Out of curiosity, I googled the last names of Benetton and Malagon to see the origins of the family names. Benetton is Italian. Malagon is Spanish, as in Spain. Links: http://www.houseofnames.com/benetton-family-crest

http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=malagon

Since I have a very slight case of OCD, also out of curiosity, I searched the meaning of "Gaudencio"
Link: http://www.sevenreflections.com/name/Gaudencio/.
I am mildly freaked out by the meaning of Gaudencio, especially if Mr. Malagon turns out to be Jason!!!!!!!!

A link to Soni's meaning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soni_(name)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back