Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Cow, that was :O's mom ? How did I not catch that ? So at the time she made that statement to gg , he was 15 and she had 11 and 12 yr old girls. And when her child said they all hung out together , I wonder if gg was one of ' them' despite her mom's admonishments ?

BBM - YES, GG was in fact one of them, referring to the kids at the park that all hung out together all the time. Statements from JW's dad, plus tons of FB conversations and friend's lists show that to be the case.

Thanks for that! The link in the post is dead but I managed to get to it anyway. I deleted everything after /2014/08/11/ and clicked, which brought up a bunch of video from that day and then chose the one referring to Jenise.

Yep, that's the one. Good find.

Why does there have to be some underlying issue with the girls mother? I don't understand that at all. Maybe she considered GG to be too old to hang around her daughter! Maybe her daughter had a crush on him...or, maybe her daughter just didn't feel comfortable around him. Appears her instincts were correct. Personal issues or not.

I don't think there is any underlying issue. I think for some reason her Spidey Sense went off (and she probably didn't even know why, sometimes it just happens without anything to really put your finger on), and he rubbed her the wrong way.

It makes perfect sense. I knew who she was immediately only because of all the teens talking SO much and having so many of their FB pages public.

If this case has taught me anything, it is that teenagers will share absolutely anything and everything on FB. I really wonder if the parents of many of those kids have any idea how brutally open their teens are. I've read things that made me sad, things that made me concerned and things that left me both sick and extremely worried about the mental health of the author and I know I wasn't alone. When the shock begins to pass and the community starts to settle into a new normal I hope that a lot of difficult but necessary conversations take place in many of those homes. Parents, for the love of all things holy, friend your children and monitor their pages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does there have to be some underlying issue with the girls mother? I don't understand that at all. Maybe she considered GG to be too old to hang around her daughter! Maybe her daughter had a crush on him...or, maybe her daughter just didn't feel comfortable around him. Appears her instincts were correct. Personal issues or not.

No one said there had to be an issue with her or even that there probably was an issue. We're speculating as to all of the reasons a mom may say something like that going from He did something specific to warrant and to the other side of the spectrum of He did nothing wrong but mom is overly cautious and all points in between. Speculatin' !

As a regular poster here again, I had something odd happen with my son years ago. He got along very well with four little girl cousins that came over quite often. The oldest was about 10, the youngest, about 3. He was 15. Little kids always seem to like him, he's shy and really good with kids. Another family member mentioned he might be a good babysitter to the girls' mom and she was horrified and felt it was inappropriate for a teen boy to watch her girls. I have to wonder if the mom in our family might have had her own issues because it seemed like such a random thing to say after being around the combined family so often with no concerns aired ever. When I first read about the mom in this case, I wondered if she was similar; maybe she had her own issues to work through and it was a trigger of some kind that a teenage boy was nice to her daughters. It may have been very innocent in that case.

I don't think there is any underlying issue. I think for some reason her Spidey Sense went off (and she probably didn't even know why, sometimes it just happens without anything to really put your finger on), and he rubbed her the wrong way.
Just jumping off of these posts. My friends oldest son was 15 when my daughter was 11. They got along famously for the first year and a half. Then one day, my daughter came to me and said she didn't want to hang out with him any more. When I asked her why, she said he scared her. Good enough reason for me, we made sure she was "busy" all the time, and the friendship faded. A year later, my daughter wanted to clarify what she meant because it had been bothering her. The older boy, when he was 15, was small and immature for his age. The following year, he grew about a foot and a half and was going through that angry phase some boys go through. Being so tall and angry most of the time, it scared her, even though he had never directed any of that anger at her. This young man never did anything truly weird or odd, and while still immature and working through some issues, is doing fine and not scary to her at all now. But as a parent, my daughter says she is scared, I believe her and will do what is necessary to protect her.

My point being, if the mom above's daughter said anything to mom about GG, the mom would terminate any contact whatever way she was able to. If GG had not done this, it would have been just another event in life like what happened in ours.

BELLINGHAM, Wash. — Jenise Wright was laid to rest by family and friends today at Greenacres Memorial Park in Ferndale.

The morning started with a Catholic Funeral Mass at the Nooksack Tribe Community Building in Everson.

Jenise's white casket was draped in a purple Native American blanket. The casket was opened for viewing during a Rosary Service Friday night, but there was no viewing this morning.

http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/news/273337011.html

Hi all

Jenise's case has really touched my heart, I hope and pray her loved ones and her community are able to reach some sort of closure and remember her for the gorgeous girl she was. May she rest in peace. I, like so many of you, was completely shocked when it was revealed GG was the guilty party. I keep trying to think of reasons why he would commit such a heinous crime, against a child who he was also close too? I am wondering if he suffered abuse himself. I know he was close to Jenise's father, I wonder if he confided in him or looked to him for answers and was told to "man up" for the sake of the community etc. I am not accusing the father of any wrongdoing, I just thought it strange how quick he was to appear forgiving towards GG, maybe he knew of a potential "reason" - not that anything remotely accuses his actions.

Although this is my first post, I am a long time Websleuth lurker and a huge fan of you all. I love visiting this site, even though so many of the stories break my heart. I think the posters here are incredible and I am looking forward to pitching in a little more. :happydance:

What an eloquent way to say hello writerofwrongs!

Looking forward to your insight and input....

:welcome4:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet another murder of a child - at the hands of her 17-year-old cousin:

A Dallas teen strangled his 5-year-old cousin Sunday, then dumped her body in a vacant apartment unit near his own, police said.

Angel Lizandro Sanches-Zenteno, 17, was booked Monday morning, some 12 hours after police found little Katherine Alejandra Gonzalez dead in a unit at the Lake Highlands apartment complex.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ody-vacant-apartment-police-article-1.1923884

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-Alejandra-Gonzalez-of-Dallas-31-August-2014

I wonder how the family choose to have an open casket since she was beaten around her head?

RIP sweet Jenise.

I wonder how the family choose to have an open casket since she was beaten around her head?

RIP sweet Jenise.

I also wondered about that so I did some research. I'll spare everyone the details and links but it apparently can be done if the family can afford it. Morticians use a variety of materials in restoration work, from wax to plaster of paris.

In Washington, the Crime Victims Compensation Program pays up to $5750.00 in benefits for funeral expenses, including the service, burial, headstone and cemetary plot. Many funeral homes also offer their services at a reduced rate (and sometimes even at no cost) for children who are crime victims.

http://lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/CrimeVictims/Homicide/default.asp

I also wondered about that so I did some research. I'll spare everyone the details and links but it apparently can be done if the family can afford it. Morticians use a variety of materials in restoration work, from wax to plaster of paris.

In Washington, the Crime Victims Compensation Program pays up to $5750.00 in benefits for funeral expenses, including the service, burial, headstone and cemetary plot. Many funeral homes also offer their services at a reduced rate (and sometimes even at no cost) for children who are crime victims.

http://lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/CrimeVictims/Homicide/default.asp

In 1993 my grandmother (Nanny) shot her self in the head. It was still an open casket. Morticians do wonders when asked and paid to.

In 1993 my grandmother (Nanny) shot her self in the head. It was still an open casket. Morticians do wonders when asked and paid to.

That being said, I still saw how unnatural she looked. It wasn't "her", but a likeness. Like the family wanted. Maybe J's family wanted the likeness as well, just to say goodbye.

RIP sweet Jenise.

It's fairly common in the Filipino and Latino cultures to have an open casket no matter what. Jorelys Rivera's family had an open casket despite her face having to be rebuilt. They are also not shy about photographing the deceased in the coffin. My (Filipino) in-laws have many photos like this interspersed in ordinary family photo albums. And in the case of Jorelys Rivera, I believe a Puerto Rican newspaper ran a photo of Jorelys in her open coffin (draped with a veil) in an article they ran about her funeral.

Hi all

Jenise's case has really touched my heart, I hope and pray her loved ones and her community are able to reach some sort of closure and remember her for the gorgeous girl she was. May she rest in peace. I, like so many of you, was completely shocked when it was revealed GG was the guilty party. I keep trying to think of reasons why he would commit such a heinous crime, against a child who he was also close too? I am wondering if he suffered abuse himself. I know he was close to Jenise's father, I wonder if he confided in him or looked to him for answers and was told to "man up" for the sake of the community etc. I am not accusing the father of any wrongdoing, I just thought it strange how quick he was to appear forgiving towards GG, maybe he knew of a potential "reason" - not that anything remotely accuses his actions.

Although this is my first post, I am a long time Websleuth lurker and a huge fan of you all. I love visiting this site, even though so many of the stories break my heart. I think the posters here are incredible and I am looking forward to pitching in a little more. :happydance:

:seeya: Hi, Writer, and ....:welcome4:..... here at ...WEBSLEUTHS!!:websleuther:

We're glad you're with us! Just jump on in and help us find justice for the victims, their families, and their other loved ones.

Catholic Mass? I didn't realize that the family is Catholic...

Catholic Mass? I didn't realize that the family is Catholic...

Yeah me either. All articles have referred to them as being LDS, and her memorial was held at their local LDS stake, so how the funeral ended up being a Catholic mass is a puzzle to me. I wondered if perhaps
Jenise's relatives up in the northern part of the state are Catholic.

Does anyone know if GG's family has moved from the MHP? I saw a facebook reference from a neighbor but wasn't sure what it meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member