UNSOLVED WA - Skagit Co, near Finney Creek, Adult Femur, Feb'08

Can they tell if the victim was male or female from the structure of the bone?

While I am not an expert on bone structure, I would say no! Reason being, there are many remains in the past that have been found and are still identified as sex unknown. As far as I know, the only bones that can reveal the sex of the victim are the pelvis...while size of bones can sometimes determine sex it is not 100%. Big bones tend to belong to males while small bones belong to females; however, how many woman do you know that have big bones and how many men do you know who are thin and dainty.

Can they tell if the victim was male or female from the structure of the bone?

I think maybe a femur gives them a better shot at guessing than something like a rib bone or vertebra might? A woman with a typically female pelvis does have a different gait to a man with typically male pelvis, and that might have an impact on aspects of how those muscles, tendons, ligaments leave their mark on the bones. Of course the differences would be slight and a matter of professional judgment, and if the individual involved was not pronounced in the maleness or femaleness of their pelvis or didn't do enough exercise to have their musculature develop enough to leave evidence on the bone, then the person investigating the bone might be sadly out of luck.

A victim of Ted Bundy? Gary Ridgeway? Rodney Alcala?

I'm sure there is an abundance of people it could be since we know that these guys killed others besides the ones they copped to.

A victim of Ted Bundy? Gary Ridgeway? Rodney Alcala?

I'm sure there is an abundance of people it could be since we know that these guys killed others besides the ones they copped to.

My first thought was Bundy. How far is this location from Bundy, Ridgeway & Alcala's prior incidents?

I cant help but think of two women who got washed down finney creek and we're never recovered, of course this was decades ago. This was also a popular place for druggies and fugitives to hide out

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The femur is not in Namus as a stand-alone record. I wonder if they DNA tested, found it matched some other remains and included it in a case with other body parts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back