MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent question. If you're working from 'the tapes'.....then there's only 2(*) locations: 1, on DR's driveway or 2, in the 'brush' or treeline west of the abduction site. I have contemplated this 'brush' road alot-it could mean DR's driveway or the approach to the west....I have taken it to mean DR's driveway but have been unable to resolve the logistics. There are 1989 pictures of these areas which you know of I'm sure. Placing vehicles on or near the abduction site based upon 'the tapes' is difficult at best. Not saying it can't be done, just saying I haven't figured it out. One thing: when MB says-(paraphrasing) "on that brush road, I call it a brush road, I brought the twigs up there and stuff"......what the heck does that mean? Given the physical evidence of Jacob's last footprint being 120' east of the pavement....this would mean the vehicles were parked on DR's driveway. Otherwise why would the perp appear out of that same driveway? Why would the perp stand on the east side of the driveway if the vehicles were parked on the west side? And why direct the other 2 boys to run west if the vehicles were indeed on the west? Doesn't make sense. And why would the perp take Jacob to the east? So the 2 vehicles would have had to have been located on DR's driveway(according to the tapes). I would assume the 2 vehicles would leave tracks. I'm more interested in why you would ask the question.

The reason I asked is because I'm trying to make sense of it. Like you, I conclude it could only be the Rassier driveway, or more likely, the driveway across from it to the west. And, like you, it doesn't make sense to me that the abductor would send the kids running towards the car. As dark as it was, I think the kids would have seen a car parked on 91st ave, no matter how far south it would have been. I sure don't know why people would refer to the Rassier driveway was the brush road.

A lot of the information about LK and the B brothers in those tapes adds up. What doesn't add up is why they would be out there, and where the vehicle was parked.

According to John Walsh, they have gotten tips since the airing of the The Hunt and the FBI is investigating those tips.

Random question -- does Jared have an opinion about whether he thinks his case is connected to Jacob's?

Random question -- does Jared have an opinion about whether he thinks his case is connected to Jacob's?

After listening to the WCCO interview, I am under the impression that he feels it's very likely that they are connected.

After listening to the WCCO interview, I am under the impression that he feels it's very likely that they are connected.

It appears that way and that would put DR off the hook.

It sounds like all of these agencies are working together. Makes no sense to me as the Center for Missing and Exploited Children was involved right away as well as he FBI.

Did they not examine things?

Strange.

They have so many more tools with profiling and they will have access to the info that is on file. So here's hoping that John Walsh can add to the success rate.

I hope the universe conspired and the right person saw this show.

What "fresh eyes" could be brought to bear on these cases?

…and so does John Walsh. Maybe there is more to this than I've been thinking…..

Awesome show, John Walsh said it right- Bust this case wide open and let everyone have a look and shot at it. Way to go.

I just don't get it. It is not believable to me that those agencies were not working together before. Let us not forget that. Patty is the Pres ? Of the Center for,Missing and Exploited.

Does it make sense that John Walsh is the one that got them to work together?

And does it make sense that John Walsh got to look iinto LE files about the cases? It does not make sense to me.

Let us hope that one of these tips is the one that breaks the case . Things do work together in ways that surprise me

A good way to begin this is to come clean on DR and clear him.

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” Arthur Schopenhauer

Now, everyone (modsnip) Dan Rassier, the Polka Padre, cadaver smell, tire tracks, Kevin, bloodhounds, partial footprints, burn pits, light poles, Kevin’s girlfriend, flattened vegetation, one vehicle or two, Slush, escape via horseback, neatly stacked wood piles, priests in airplanes, human bone smell, (modsnip) . .

Prov. 11:14

I see here a set of eyes but I think its time to expand on escape via horseback. Was there a horse tied to the power pole 40 yards down the driveway?

I see here a set of eyes but I think its time to expand on escape via horseback. Was there a horse tied to the power pole 40 yards down the driveway?

Escape on horseback to where? Where did this idea come from? Escape on horseback to the Abbey? Were there horse hoof prints?

Hi, i too am new to post but have been reading most of the threads on this case as well as anything i can on the internet. This case is really on my mind, the unfairness of it all and the outrage i feel to whomever took Jacob. There are a couple of things i wondered about that you guys might be able to answer. Considering the circumstances there is no way it could be planned. Noone could have known the boys were going to go out that night. I know DR is circumstantially a good suspect but what about other people living up that road towards the Wetterling house. Maybe someone was out in their yard and saw the boys pass on their way down. Maybe he asked their ages to hear their voices to ensure he got Jacob. I'm not sure how many houses were up there in 1989 but someone may have seen their torches or heard their chatter on their way down. Enough time to get ready for their return. If a car has been ruled out perhaps Jacob wasn't taken far before being hidden. It would need to be somewhere close. Also i know a car was ruled out by LE but could there not have been one there whos tyre tracks mingled with Kevins later on. I'm sure tyre tracks are never particularly clear on a gravel road. If DR was involved perhaps he parked the car further down to transport Jacob up to the farm, it wouldn't be easy to carry an 11 year old. His shoeprint looked like he got into a vehicle. Then he could just have driven up to the farm before the other boys had even reached home. The engine would probably not even be warm.
Apologies if i'm going over old ground but if this gets solved and i hope desperately that it does, i can't help feeling the answer will be close to home. After all it really was a crime of opportunity.

I am trying to understand Mossad's reference to eyes looking through binary code (0's and 1"s).

Escape on horseback to where? Where did this idea come from? Escape on horseback to the Abbey? Were there horse hoof prints?

The horse theory was a sarcastic comeback by me to explain how Jacob was whisked from the area without an engine, lights, or door slam being heard or seen. I left this post up for maybe 10 minutes before I self deleted it. A horse would leave an exceptional amount of trampling in the area, along with horse excriments at random. Obviously Mossad thought it was humorous as well.

"I'm on a horse"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5bUqZeESEc

The horse theory was a sarcastic comeback by me to explain how Jacob was whisked from the area without an engine, lights, or door slam being heard or seen. I left this post up for maybe 10 minutes before I self deleted it. A horse would leave an exceptional amount of trampling in the area, along with horse excriments at random. Obviously Mossad thought it was humorous as well.

"I'm on a horse"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5bUqZeESEc

Lmao! Love the vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics