OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the picture of the child doesn't look particularly "off" -- but what of the cornucopia of Green Man imagery spilling forth from the woods beyond?? (Okay, just teasing.) I still think as I always did -- that either the Jamisons fell into a trap of their own devising (category: drugs) or they happened upon a drug operation more accidentally than on purpose (category: drugs too). That much cash under the driver's seat irrevocably shouts out "DRUGS!" to me, particularly given the apparent history of the couple and the location of this crime. So either I'm right or my mind's just stuck on my first thought (/ best thought). Could be either, could be both, but murder is the case as is drug-involvement at some level.

I agree. B worked with his dad for years and per his own report on his dad's history, how could he not have been involved in the same at some level and his dad and some other relatives knew he was turning on them???????? Just speculation, as always!

A bump for the benighted Jamison clan.

While the McStay Forum continues quite active, with more than a dozen threads still kept current, the Jamison thread languishes as information becomes progressively more slow -- more slow? Heck, it's slower than that -- it's stopped.

For whatever reason it seems this one soon entered the annals of "unsolvable crimes" -- years before the bodies were discovered and ID'd.

And one wonders why.

I agree, wfgodot. Breaks my heart to see them so far down on my subscription list and I'm afraid LE has completely lost interest in this case and we won't be seeing any movement unless a PI is hired by the family. That's highly doubtful.

Has cause of death been determined?
LATIMER COUNTY, Oklahoma -

The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner was not able to identify a cause of death for a Latimer County family whose skeletal remains were found four years after they disappeared.

~Snip~

He said he could find no evidence of trauma done to the remains at the time of death, but because the remains were just bones, he could not rule that out. The report also said disease could not be ruled out.

The ME did, however, find that the deaths occurred under suspicious circumstances.

http://www.newson6.com/story/260258...imer-county-family-missing-since-2009-unknown

Oh yeah, there's that disease statement again. ???
I think it is simply part of the whole procedure of trying to identify the COD and MOD. The ME was stating facts. Disease is another example impossible to rule out due to the condition of the skeletal remains not that he expected to find any disease to be the COD. By the time they were found, the window of opportunity to distinguish those things had passed.

By choosing to state the disease "fact" the coroner merely restates an "anything could have happened" position meant to lull the public further asleep re: any sort of interest in a case perhaps chosen not to be solved. I find this odious if not unexpected.

I agree. I think that's all it means too, but it does strike me as odd that I've never heard it stated in any other reports of discovered remains. That's all.

By choosing to state the disease "fact" the coroner merely restates an "anything could have happened" position meant to lull the public further asleep re: any sort of interest in a case perhaps chosen not to be solved. I find this odious if not unexpected.

I have to admit, I had to google "odious". Ha!

I honestly don't see how they could solve this case. They have all the information they are going to get from the scene and the bodies. The ME can't do more. LE crime scene investigators can't do more. If the story wasn't told via the evidence then I don't see anyone being able to fill in the blanks if no one was involved other than the family. I do not suspect murder in this case so a confession seems very unlikely. What more can be done?!

One thing that should be able to rule out is a COD that would cause bone trauma. A bullet in the skull, or a shotgun blast would cause bone trauma. Burning would char the bones.

One thing that should be able to rule out is a COD that would cause bone trauma. A bullet in the skull, or a shotgun blast would cause bone trauma. Burning would char the bones.

Exactly. There are certain things I would have expected to have been stated and were not.

Like why in the world would they at least not say specifically that they did not see any sign of bullet or knife wounds to the skull or other bones?

Was the skulls found ?

Were the skulls intact?

Was there a weapon found near bodies?

How complete or incomplete were the amount of bones uncovered?

Were all the bones separated from the body or were some of the skeletons fairly intact?

How far were the bones spread if they were separated?

I am so upset with that type of report. How incompetent can they be or is someone trying to suppress information. A simple layperson with no medical examining skills could have done a better job than that report.

Oh, and the disease statement is just ridiculous. Because of the child being found with them and the circumstances of their deaths. Its not like Ebola was going around at the time of their deaths. Its fine if they cant figure it out but at least tell people the answers to those obvious questions above and dont throw in some silly statement about disease that hit all 3 people at exactly the same time including a healthy young child.

Oh, and theres that little statement from the eye witness that found the remains that seemed to imply holes in skull(s). Not many animals would cause a nice clean hole in the skull when raviging the remains. I realize his statements were not very clear either as to what he saw but he did imply a hole in skull(s). I sure wish he would have took pictures of the remains and turned them over to a private investigator or the newspapers.

JMO, Im still of the opinion some foul play occurred. Money, vehicle placement, cash on hand, dog in vehicle, location of bodies. Possible hole in skull, rumor of another bag of cash that may have been taken, etc.
It could have been people in area not wanting the land purchased or some sort of drug involvement who knew they had cash. Im not outruling suicide/murder either would be my 2nd vote but then the weapon should have been found and ME should have been able to tell some of that from wounds to the skull/bodies and location of last victim.

Something is not right with the lack of info in this case. Even before they were found, there was just silence and so little info ever talked about them. I have never understood the lack of interest and lack of reporting about these 3.

I agree.
By the ME not ruling anything out and saying that the deaths occurred under suspicious circumstances, it just garners more speculation as to what may have happened.
We have heard from the media that three skeletons were found, skulls were found together, a skull had a hole in it, bones were scattered throughout, hardly any bones were found, etc. Maybe one day the final LE report of what exactly was found on that mountain side will be released. It would be helpful to see photos of the actual scene to determine what exactly was found and how they were positioned.

Jinks on posting the same thoughts at the same time, but yours is worded so much better than mine.
I bow down to you.

If there was anything remarkable about the remains, it would have come out in that report. The disease comment really emphasized there was nothing found at all to indicate what caused the deaths. No obvious signs of the use of weapons or of fire.

I agree.
By the ME not ruling anything out and saying that the deaths occurred under suspicious circumstances, it just garners more speculation as to what may have happened.
We have heard from the media that three skeletons were found, skulls were found together, a skull had a hole in it, bones were scattered throughout, hardly any bones were found, etc. Maybe one day the final LE report of what exactly was found on that mountain side will be released. It would be helpful to see photos of the actual scene to determine what exactly was found and how they were positioned.
He could rule out things directly related to the skeletal remains such as burning etc, but with no tissue left to examine...there is no way to tell if there were bullet holes or knives (unless it marked the bones). However, if no such weapons (or casings/bullets) were found with the bodies..the possibility seems unlikely weapons were used, imo. And if they did find weapons, they would have stated it because in this case there is no reason to withhold things.

The position of the skulls would have zero bearing on what happened to them at the time of their deaths. Animal activity as well as natural changes in the area due to weather etc would have rendered it impossible to tell 4 years later. The "hole in the skull" could easily have been caused by the skull rolling and hitting a rock, being tossed around (sorry to be so graphic) by a wild animal, or simply a limb falling from a nearby tree onto the skull. If the witness had seen a bullet hole...he would have said so, imo. And if there was a bullet hole...the ME would have ruled it a Homicide if no gun was found and a possible suicide if a gun was indeed found, imo. That didn't happen either way.

Saying the circumstances surrounding the deaths are suspicious is correct. 2 adults and a child out for a day of checking out the woods go missing and end up dead on a mountain in SE OK. Without being able to determine a COD or MOD, it is suspect and open for interpretation/speculation. Doesn't mean it was homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member