Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. I only did two years of Legal Studies at high school and a lot of watching of People's Court on YouTube. :blushing:

I don't think helping him leave the crime scene is a problem.

If they'll get him on anything, it'll probably have to be trying to destroy/manipulate evidence.

At the moment, I am looking at this huge Queensland Criminal Code PDF: https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/C/CriminCode.pdf

page 49:
Code:
10 Accessories after the fact
A person who receives or assists another who is, to the
person’s knowledge, guilty of an offence, in order to enable
the person to escape punishment, is said to become an
accessory after the fact to the offence.
10A Interpretation of ch 2
(1) Under section 7, a person’s criminal responsibility extends to
any offence that, on the evidence admissible against him or
her, is either the offence proved against the person who did
the act or made the omission that constitutes that offence or
any statutory or other alternative to that offence.
(2) Under section 8, a person’s criminal responsibility extends to
any offence that, on the evidence admissible against him or
her, is a probable consequence of the prosecution of a
common intention to prosecute an unlawful purpose,
regardless of what offence is proved against any other party to
the common intention.
(3) This section does not limit any other provision of this chapter

Page 191:
Code:
307 Accessory after the fact to murder
Any person who becomes an accessory after the fact to
murder is guilty of a crime, and is liable to imprisonment for
life.

There's something really interesting on page 184:

Code:
296 Acceleration of death
A person who does any act or makes any omission which
hastens the death of another person who, when the act is done
or the omission is made, is labouring under some disorder or
disease arising from another cause, is deemed to have killed
that other person.

This is interesting too but I don't think GT would be able to use it because of clause (b) and his physical strength.

Code:
267 Defence of dwelling
It is lawful for a person who is in peaceable possession of a
dwelling, and any person lawfully assisting him or her or
acting by his or her authority, to use force to prevent or repel
another person from unlawfully entering or remaining in the
dwelling, if the person using the force believes on reasonable
grounds—
(a) the other person is attempting to enter or to remain in
the dwelling with intent to commit an indictable offence
in the dwelling; and
(b) it is necessary to use that force.

Thanks so much for that info elwyn. :seeya: Very interesting.

I fail to see the "rise" part.... plenty of falling tho.

I hated the "poor Gable" tone of that piece.

The rise was purely physiological. :puke:

I think the tone of the piece captured that he was a creep.

Tostee’s three-and-a-half hour mobile phone recording reveals him pleading with Ms Wright to stop being violent.

“Do you even remember what you were doing to me half an hour ago?’’ he says at one point. “You were beating me up for no reason. You thought it was funny or something.’’

Ms Wright says: “Exactly.’’

“This particular section … commences at about 2.12am with sounds and conversation as if the deceased is throwing something at the applicant and he is exclaiming ‘ow’ and gets annoyed,’’ a document filed by the Crown states. Ms Wright is then heard calling Tostee “sexist’’.

“Yeah, right, I am the one who is injured. You don’t have a *advertiser censored* scratch on you,’’ he tells her.

The argument escalates.

“There are sounds of slapping and the applicant saying ‘let go, let go’.” the court document states. “The sound of restricted breathing continues for 78 seconds and only stops when there is a sound of something dropping.’’

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...d-coast-highrise/story-fnihsrf2-1227051943391

A bit more of the conversation, there...

The first part I bolded is what struck me previously - "beating me up for no reason"... I believe that was said specifically for the recording, he HAD to have knowledge of what sort of sex they were having by then. Making her look psycho, for lulz on the forum, likely. Gaslighting - someone said that earlier. I think you're right.

He is slapping her -- and 78 seconds is a long time to be choked.. terrifying. I wonder what dropped.

4.07-4.15am - The pair discuss where Dad will park the car. Gable says it should be stopped in a residential area and not a shopping centre because "they will do patrols".
4.15am - Gable: "I did turn on the voice recorder I think. Are you gunna like stop somewhere?"
Dad: "I'll stop here."
4.15am - The recording terminates.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nt-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html#ixzz3CmngM3eA

I am very curious about this ^^^. What did they need to stop and park for? Did they need to discuss this and figure out a plan of action, and not include the mother in the planning? Did they need to get rid of some evidence? Why did they need to stop and park? Evidently, it needed to be where police would not notice them.

I am very curious about this ^^^. What did they need to stop and park for? Did they need to discuss this and figure out a plan of action, and not include the mother in the planning? Did they need to get rid of some evidence? Why did they need to stop and park? Evidently, it needed to be where police would not notice them.

I guess they had a burning desire to stop and listen to the recording in a concealed place.

I guess they had a burning desire to stop and listen to the recording in a concealed place.

Eeew .. yes, I think you are right. Why on earth would he want his dad to listen to his intimate (murderous) evening with a girl?! Why would he even admit to recording it? Definitely sounds as if his dad knew he had recorded this kind of stuff before!

So, did they mess with that recording, then leave it in the car to be accidentally-on-purpose 'found'?

O/T
For those here who follow Holly Bobo's case, her remains have been found. :grouphug:

MZ - just my personal opinion, but I believe Warriena might have been 'into the scene' a little bit. I actually think this was what made her choose Tostee, with something like "I'll be your sex slave" -- but really, not.

It shouldn't matter anyways. BDSM is NOT (except in the most extreme ends of the fetish, a vast minority) about unwanted violence or anything being non-consensual. Unless there's a recording of Rrie actually saying: "I want you take me prisoner and humiliate me by taking my phone/clothes" then it WAS non-consensual, and tantamount to kidnapping that he made her stay after she said she wanted to leave.

Look I totally agree re her being in the scene, and when you look at the original photos of her that were published - the pink wig, nose piercing, fake eyelashes and corset - it's very different from the more natural Rrie shots that are published now. It looks a bit alt-sceney. Not that there's anything wrong with consensual rough sex, nor is anything wrong with flirting with the BDSM scene.

IMHO it was clearly a pre-arranged hook-up - from the timeline they went back to his house almost straight away - so probs they had spoken about what they wanted/were going to do in some aspect. Pulling up that conversation from his phone would be enlightening I would think.

I think the sex histories are important because it shows what type of sex they would be interested in - in Rrie's case, could a history of consensual partners etc; in Tostee's case (if he's a sexual sadist) elements of BDSM could've been suddenly forced on unaware partners historically or they have escalated - and show what is/is not out of character and what is consistent.

Again in the Brimble case, it was found that she was drugged and participated in sex acts under the influence that she otherwise would not have otherwise perpetrated (ie sex in front of other men). The same could said for Rrie if rough sex was not usually part of her interests. Also, be interesting to see if she usually became rough when drunk.

Have the tox screens come back on Warriena? If he didn't slip her a drug of some sort, I will be really surprised.

Ecstasy maybe and she had a reaction he hadn't intended, especially if she didn't really know what was happening to her.

It is like a game to him... a sick, weird game... almost like gas-lighting. He was the one recording so his words are occurring with that in mind, if you ask me.

It must have felt bizarre and surreal to Warriena.

I wonder if he is convicted if others, who may have felt partially responsible or ashamed, will come forward.

Predators count on the fact they can mind ****** their victims.

I'm of the same thinking Frigga, this is gas-lighting. There is another 'secret' recording GT posted on the BB forums where he mind ***** this poor Swedish girl. He makes her feel stupid and small. These type of men make my skin crawl. They can abuse a woman every which way. :mad: JMO

Look I totally agree re her being in the scene, and when you look at the original photos of her that were published - the pink wig, nose piercing, fake eyelashes and corset - it's very different from the more natural Rrie shots that are published now. It looks a bit alt-sceney. Not that there's anything wrong with consensual rough sex, nor is anything wrong with flirting with the BDSM scene.

BBM: I remember on the BB forum, there were posts by Tostee saying how he really liked girls with that look, it was his favourite look, but those girls never liked him.

Isis, what is your take on GT making audio recordings of his conquests? I have never heard of such a thing before? Is it a narcissism thing?
I also note that 2004, the year he was prosecuted for counterfeit, was the same year he joined the body building forum, and the last time autism was mentioned with reference to him. Sounds like this helpful diagnosis (from a legal perspective) became an anathema to him, and the forum was a place where he went to apprentice himself to 'alpha' males and become reborn.

Autism is a spectrum taking on many different characteristics. Aspergers is on that spectrum. Some people can be so high functioning that it is never properly diagnosed. I know someone who is moderately functioning, and he is an absolute whizz at figures and scores. OCD can also be a symptom. eg methodically recording all his conquests and highlighting the ones he didn't like. The body building forum would have provided a great place for him to show off.

BTW, my son has Aspergers.

I'm imagining the conversation over the traffic/cop assault charges:

Gable: I have no proof the cop slipped over, onto my fist. I have no proof the brakes in the car ceased functioning, and that's why I was doing 200kph while the cops chased me.

Daddy Tostee: That's okay, son. You had no motive. And the truth will come out. The best truth money can buy.

Where have we heard this before? :waitasec:

BBM: I remember on the BB forum, there were posts by Tostee saying how he really liked girls with that look, it was his favourite look, but those girls never liked him.

Well that's interesting! I didn't know that! Of course those girls wouldn't be attracted to him - he's Tom Cruise preppy :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77