Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like news conference keeps getting rescheduled. I'm going to be leaving shortly; hopefully it will be available when I get back. My heart breaks for Holly's family.

Jordan Buie ‏@JordanBuie 8m
#HollyBobo TBI Director Mark Gwyn just arrived at the forensic investigation pic.twitter.com/9xqwirkZjU

Decatur County Sheriff Keith Byrd said the skull was discovered around 10:30 a.m. Sunday in a remote area on County Corner Road, just off I-40 in the small community of Holladay. It was found lying on top of the ground by two hunters out digging for the herb ginseng.

It was taken to the TBI crime lab in Memphis, where a forensic team used dental records to make the identification. DNA testing will also be done to confirm the findings.

No additional questions surrounding Bobo's death have been answered, including a cause of death or date of death. The search will continue for further remains, and the area where the skull was located will remain roped off until thorough searches are conducted.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...Speak-After-Remains-Discovered-274495151.html

waiting on the family's press conference, they are running video now of report of Holly being found.
you will also find statement from Autry's attorney as well in this article.

I know when my brother's skull was found in a wooded area after 6 1/2 years of missing, they blocked off a large area. The ME's office took another two days of digging and searching and they found 97% of his remains, including the clothes he was wearing and his wallet.

I'm sorta new here and I hope this isn't veering off topic, or violating any forum rule, but I've always wondered how she was led away without much struggle. IIRC, the brother reported a heated argument, but she was basically walking away with the captor.. You have to wonder why she didn't try and escape, run back into the house, put up some kind of fight, etc... This has always lead me to believe that she knew the captor in some way..

I'm sorta new here and I hope this isn't veering off topic, or violating any forum rule, but I've always wondered how she was led away without much struggle. IIRC, the brother reported a heated argument, but she was basically walking away with the captor.. You have to wonder why she didn't try and escape, run back into the house, put up some kind of fight, etc... This has always lead me to believe that she knew the captor in some way..

That is to me, the million dollar mystery. Only way will ever know is if one them grows a conscience and decides to tell, but I don't see that happening at all.

I was so saddened to hear this news, but we all knew this day would probably come. Holly's loved ones can only try to find some shreds of comfort, or peace in the fact that some remains will be returned to them to bury, and of course the uncovering of irrefutable evidence of her murder will lead to a trial, or trials. Like Shakespeare's famous quote, "Murder will out." I haven't read about this case in a long time, and I know some of you know a whole lot more than I do, so I have a few questions, if anyone here could help me. First, do y'all think this was purely a sexually motivated crime? Does it seem like she was possibly sexually assualted and then killed very quickly, even the same day? I read posts referring to a girl who claimed to see Holly in a phone video, crying- is this believable? Was it mainly one man who kidnapped her, and then he "showed her off" to his disgusting fellow sicko friends? Thanks in advance!

What was there to "know" about that specific spot? Given the dense woods everywhere in the area, I'm not sure it was special or any different than a million other similar places in the area, just an out-of-the-way site to dispose of a body.

Having lived in that area for so long, I suspect they knew all the various woods, back trails, and so on, and simply picked one fairly remote place out of many.

Yeah i know what you mean. I may be wishing for too much but was thinking along the lines that if someone had been 4-wheeling or hunting with the perp(s) and the perps took him to that exact spot it may be a way for LE to prove the perp(s) had prior knowledge of that area.

It will depend on exactly where the remains were found and if there is anything significant about that particular spot. Like maybe they had previously setup turkey hunting there and had specific trees picked out to sit by.

Not sure it would help much and was just thinking of a way to tie the perps to that location.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24897664/man-suspected-in-bobo-murder-has-history-of-violence

It would be interesting to know if it was ever determined where the photo shown at the beginning of this video report was taken. Was GPS info embedded in it? Was that ever determined? The camo wearing ZA posts it to his social media in a taunting seeming manner. Wouldn't it be interesting if that one photo somehow could tie him to the location Holly's remains were found and that photo was actually taken while he was in process of either moving her remains to that location or visiting her remains in that location?

That would be far too neat a bow to wrap this case up with and not likely I know, but a girl can dream right?

I am so glad they found her. I just still think that has to be the worst. wondering, waiting,

Condolences and prayers for her family.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24897664/man-suspected-in-bobo-murder-has-history-of-violence

It would be interesting to know if it was ever determined where the photo shown at the beginning of this video report was taken. Was GPS info embedded in it? Was that ever determined? The camo wearing ZA posts it to his social media in a taunting seeming manner. Wouldn't it be interesting if that one photo somehow could tie him to the location Holly's remains were found and that photo was actually taken while he was in process of either moving her remains to that location or visiting her remains in that location?

I wonder if LE ever did or could do a "tower dump" from the tower for the hour before abduction and an hour or so after. Then by process of elimination narrow it down to specific cell phone numbers. It was done in a San Diego triple murder case, and was fruitful. Very interesting how they connected some perps and placed certain people.

JMO's

Rest in peace Holly. Your smile was like a beam of sunshine.

Prayers for the Bobo family. I pray for the searchers tasked with finding the rest of her remains.

So very sorry for Holly and her loved ones. Horrible crime. Guess the D.A. will ask for death penalty. I haven't kept up with news after she went missing. Just so glad they have found her for her family's sake and for justice.

thank you for the thread title update to our hard working volunteer staff. You are all very appreciated.

The neighbors heard blood curdling screams, IIRC, and she was stabbed or beaten to the point of blood puddles in the driveway. That doesn't sound like a willing participant/not putting up a fight to me. She was overpowered, like countless other victims. JMO.

This case fills me with sadness. No attempt to explain motive will unravel the depths of disease & evil in the spirits of those who participated in the kidnapping,torture and murder of an innocent like Holly. MOO

At least Holly's family has her back now and can lay her to rest.

Unless further news has come out that I have missed, only her skull was found. When I hear that in a case it always breaks my heart a little bit more. I wonder if it does bring some closure to the family, or if the thought of the condition of the body makes it worse. I can't imagine the excruciating pain Holly's family has been in all the time, especially with some of the horrible evidence that has come to light over time. There is no fate harsh enough for the evil beasts who did this to her. May God bless them and all of those who were touched by Holly. May she rest in sweet, beautiful peace.

reports have varied from just the skull, to the skull and other unnamed items, to the skull and some other bones that are believed to also be human. But even if some other bones were found and they are Holly's they are not complete :(

I am reminded of poor little Ms Zahra Baker, whose complete remains were never found but only partial ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288