Holly Bobo's Remains Have Been Identified

They do it all the time now Shef.

I don't know when or how this trend got started where they seem to believe that the public has no right to know anything. They keep everybody as dumbed down as possible, refuse to answer the most basic questions at press conferences, and won't share vital information with the public that most likely would help solve the crime faster.

This "Us against Them" mentality that has developed in LE the last few years needs to come to an end.

I don't think I have really ever seen any law enforcement department come out and speak openly about the evidence they have gathered in an ongoing investigation about any case before a suspect is arrested. So while the TBI has refused to divulge any evidence they have it seem to me to be what most law agencies do. Not in recent years but for decades now.

The only time I have seen evidence divulged in a case was after an arrest had been made in Florida cases and documents are available for public viewing before trial. Other than that one state I don't recall other law agencies discussing the evidence with the public about any particular case.

Now we do get to hear some of the evidence the DA has if there happens to be a preliminary hearing instead of going to the GJ. Or if there is a bond hearing held the DA will layout some of the evidence if he is not wanting the suspect to be bonded out. But it seems like all of LE are very secretive about what they have when the investigation is ongoing.

But pretty much all agencies that I have seen work on the same premise and keep the evidence they have found close to their vest and they are never revealed before trial. Maybe this is due to not wanting to be accused of tainting a future potential jury pool. Or simply not wanting the suspect to know what they have or know before there is an arrest made.

I can see both sides of the issue though. I really don't see it changing where LE will disclose certain things they don't want the public or media to know about especially if no suspects have been arrested and the case in ongoing.

Maybe negative pretrial publicity has become a major issue on most appeals and they feel this way the defendant will have less issues to appeal. I have seen several defense attorneys say that LE or the DA purposefully leaked certain evidence in order to make the suspect look guilty even before a trial. At least in this case I don't think that will be an appellate issue since they have been very tightlipped from the very beginning.

IMO

This is nothing short of a miracle....& even in death, her precious soul could not be extinguished!
She is lighting the path to justice & it will be served.

Vindication is coming and thereafter may her family have peace.

Just saw the news that the remains were Holly. I hope that this discovery makes one of these vermin tell the truth.

they...they had cell pings off that tower???
oh
me

Being that it was a rural area, those towers can have an ~25 mile radius, so I am not sure how helpful pings would be, unless it triangulated with multiple towers.

thank you for the thread title update. At long last, Holly is no longer missing presumed dead and the DA will not have to pursue a no body case.

Prayers remain with Holly's friends and family as they move through this new phase of grief. I hope the public and the press give them the privacy and the time they need to do so while authorities work toward justice for Holly.

I wonder what type of method or technology they can use to search for buried remains. Dogs would be my guess. Ground penetrating radar would be slow on such a large area. At the least the distance an animal would drag a bone. IMO not very far but even 50 yards in every direct is alot of square feet.

So frustrating to think so much time and effort goes into figuring out what happened and in the end most of the time we find out the perp was really simple and not very smart at all. Most criminals in my opinion really are not very intelligent though. I would bet that once the evidence in this case comes to light that the actual facts are pretty open and shut.

[video=youtube;tkzIK3EvgMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkzIK3EvgMk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Wow, I think I counted only about 27 vehicles passed throughout that whole video. Not many people--even if they had been aware of the abduction--to realize Holly might have been in ZA's (or someone else's) vehicle. :'-(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh my god.

(just saw the title of thread has been changed.)

I don't think I have really ever seen any law enforcement department come out and speak openly about the evidence they have gathered in an ongoing investigation about any case before a suspect is arrested. So while the TBI has refused to divulge any evidence they have it seem to me to be what most law agencies do. Not in recent years but for decades now.

The only time I have seen evidence divulged in a case was after an arrest had been made in Florida cases and documents are available for public viewing before trial. Other than that one state I don't recall other law agencies discussing the evidence with the public about any particular case.

Now we do get to hear some of the evidence the DA has if there happens to be a preliminary hearing instead of going to the GJ. Or if there is a bond hearing held the DA will layout some of the evidence if he is not wanting the suspect to be bonded out. But it seems like all of LE are very secretive about what they have when the investigation is ongoing.

But pretty much all agencies that I have seen work on the same premise and keep the evidence they have found close to their vest and they are never revealed before trial. Maybe this is due to not wanting to be accused of tainting a future potential jury pool. Or simply not wanting the suspect to know what they have or know before there is an arrest made.

I can see both sides of the issue though. I really don't see it changing where LE will disclose certain things they don't want the public or media to know about especially if no suspects have been arrested and the case in ongoing.

Maybe negative pretrial publicity has become a major issue on most appeals and they feel this way the defendant will have less issues to appeal. I have seen several defense attorneys say that LE or the DA purposefully leaked certain evidence in order to make the suspect look guilty even before a trial. At least in this case I don't think that will be an appellate issue since they have been very tightlipped from the very beginning.

IMO

Jessica Ridgeway is the first case that comes to mind. Kudos to LE in that little girl's case. Without them releasing most everything they had, her killer might still be out and among us. The wooden cross necklace could have been kept a secret...but they put it on the line and asked the public for help in identifying it. Lo and behold, the killer's own mom called and turned him in.

I have read her thread over the past 2 years, but haven't posted as it is simply too painful. I just wanted to commend all of you who have been here since the beginning. You all light the lamp that seems to send the energy out into the Universe to bring these missing home.

I am in awe of your kindness, compassion and strength. The outcome is rarely as we hope. Some of the posts on here have brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for caring for those you may never have met. God Bless...

rsbm:
D.A.: We think their is someone else out there that we need to get a hold of. #HollyBobo #Developing

I wonder why they think this, and why they believe that "other arrests are forthcoming"?

all i want is for the people that did this to go away for a long time!!! DP is fine with me!! as long as they never see the light of day ......this whole story freaks me out for my baby family members...to think this can actually happen makes me worry for all the babies in the world....RIP Holly Bobo!! May you soar in the sun and soar in the sky...........

Two thoughts on this:

1) They found a skull...where is the rest of the body...even with animal predation you would think that at least something else would be nearby. A skull isn't something that would be readily moved around.

2) The found the skull on the 7th, and on the 8th were preparing to have a press conference to announce finding her. That seems too short to have conducted proper DNA analysis, so the identification was cursory and must have been done by dental records.

I am not sure how this will advance the case unless other evidence is found in conjunction with the remains, since everyone had already concluded that she was dead anyway. They still have to make a connection with the accused that will stand up to challenge.

After viewing that video of the road trip, it seems it was quite a distance to travel. So my question is why did they search there before? What led them to this area two years ago? Anyone have any idea. I am just wondering. ty

Two thoughts on this:

1) They found a skull...where is the rest of the body...even with animal predation you would think that at least something else would be nearby. A skull isn't something that would be readily moved around.

2) The found the skull on the 7th, and on the 8th were preparing to have a press conference to announce finding her. That seems too short to have conducted proper DNA analysis, so the identification was cursory and must have been done by dental records.

I am not sure how this will advance the case unless other evidence is found in conjunction with the remains, since everyone had already concluded that she was dead anyway. They still have to make a connection with the accused that will stand up to challenge.

They also said they found other bones. jmo

IMO

In this case they have already charged suspects and have passed a deadline to turn over evidence in discovery. So "not wanting the suspect to know what they have" is not a reason since their suspect has a right to access the evidence.

They also said they found other bones. jmo

That would imply that the body was out in the open, and not "in a hole" as per their witness tampering allegation. They are claiming, indirectly through their secondary charges, that the body was buried. So, finding the body in the open would contradict that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back