NH NH - Laureen Rahn, 14, Manchester, 27 April 1980

Bump. It's been almost a month since the shoe & remains were found. Anybody seen/heard any news on identification? I tried to do some googling for updates, but haven't found anything.

no. No new updates:( Do post when you find any and I will do the same. Hugs.

Here is a family in which they are doing DNA thinking it may be her:

http://www.lowellsun.com/local/ci_17862860
The family of a Dracut woman missing for more than four years is hoping they may finally be able to lay her to rest after a river cleanup crew found a shoe containing human remains on the banks of the Merrimack River.
"I've been praying it's her," said Lowell resident Linda Morrissette, whose younger sister, 49-year-old Helena Fells, disappeared near the Merrimack River in Lowell December 2006............more at link above

Does anyone know info pointing to her being pregnant?? Could that be why she was phoning the helpline and going to find a "Dr." in Cali?

She is also a PM for Princess Doe.
Such a sad, baffling case she is so young. I can't help but think she maybe alive though

Any updates on her case? Was she tested to be Princess Doe?

There's a Santa Ana and Santa Monica connection with these two cases. On October 29,1990 Billy London was found dismemberd in a dumpster near Santa Monica Boulevard. William Arnold Newton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Charles Christopher Francis Disappeard from Santa Ana April 9,1979 http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/566dmca.html http://charleyproject.org/cases/r/rahn_laureen.html

The wonderland murders just a year later on July 1,1981 are not to far from this area.There was some crazy stuff going on in the *advertiser censored* industry around this time. http://www.franksreelreviews.com/shorttakes/wonderlandmurders.htm

this case is crazy!!! where is this girl!! her poor momma :(

Wow !!! There seems like there is so many potential and weird leads here. The "physician" from the hot line and his wife is so strange to me???

I found this by random and I'm so shocked to read Annie's name in this. Maybe I can clear a few things up because she was my mentor when I worked in san fran at the age of 18. She has always been and still is a member of the same outreach group I'm apart of, SWOP (sex worker out reach program). She's a mentor and aide for those who are in the industry or exiting. She gives seminars and such.

If she was involved in this at all then I see it from an outreach point of view, someone sought her for help to get out and she may have provided means (phone #'s or map points). What we do is on the up and up but there are times that certain SWOP members take someone in under their wing that is being held against their will by a pimp. This may have been the situation here, maybe Laureen ran off with someone or was taken by someone she had just met - and forced into prostitution? Annie is very involved with helping not aiding. She's a feminist and a wonderful woman - she really is. I cannot see her doing anything malicious or shady, definitely nothing with child *advertiser censored*!

This abuse hotline is strange though, a Dr and his wife ran it? I'm going to guess they were part of the sex worker underground and helped get people out or in touch with those that could, it would make sense why they wouldn't disclose things - it would put others in danger against pimps and operations.

I can look more into this, not sure what good I can do but I can try if someone can post or PM all the information that's accurate.

Wow !!! There seems like there is so many potential and weird leads here. The "physician" from the hot line and his wife is so strange to me???
I wish there was more info...esp since he supposedly was a plastic surgeon???? Whhhhy would a plastic surgeon run such a hotline? That whole story makes zero sense and yet there is so little info that's concrete.

Bumping for Laureen. This case is one of those that just seems solvable - it's not without clues, as so often is the case.

http://www.wmur.com/news/23247760/detail.html

Cold Case Unit Could Add Manchester Case To Web Site
POSTED: 4:46 pm EDT April 23, 2010

this makes me sick, sad, angry, disappointed - "the state cold case unit is CONSIDERING getting involved in the investigation" RUFKM? (the last two words in that acronym are kidding me. You can fill in the rest.)

How sad. What a tragic case. She was just a baby - maybe she ran away ? maybe she was abducted? Maybe she ran away and then got into trouble and didn't know where to turn ? @killer_chaser had sent me to this thread -- definitely similarities but a lot of differences too. Judy was a woman, this girl was just a little girl. I wonder, was the father ever questioned? He's not mentioned anywhere?

Other than the phone charges that occured seven months after Laureen vanished, why (according to the Charley Project) does Judith Rahn still think her daughter is still alive? Is this just wishful thinking on the part of a grieving parent, or is there more evidence that the public doesn't know about?

She also states that she believes that Laureen's acquaintances may know more than they've let on. Is she talking about school friends who would have been around the same age as her daughter or did her daughter have some older, shadier acquaintances that may have forced her into prostitution or something? Presumably, the male and female friend she was drinking with were around her age. I also wonder how much drinking we're talking about here. Was this just sort of a "sneak a beer out of the fridge or a little wine out of the liquor cabinet" type of thing that a lot of 14-year-olds might try every now and then when their parents aren't home? Or was it basically three young kids getting really drunk while the adults are away? If it was closer to the latter, then it may not be much of a surprise that the friend Judith found in Laureen's couldn't tell her much other than she last saw Laureen on the couch.

Also, does anyone find it eerie that the male friend who was with drinking with Laureen committed suicide in 1985?

I've been thinking about Laureen and her friends drinking in the apartment that day. Had her mother ever known her to experiment with alcohol previously? I wonder if Laureen was beginning to rebel and hang out with the wrong crowd a bit, perhaps even some people that her mother didn't know about.

I still think it's somewhat interesting that her mother still thinks she's alive. I know family members of missing people tend to hold out hope the longest, but there has to be something other than the phone calls in October of 1980 and a tentative link to "Dr. Z" that makes her feel so strongly. What specifically does she think happened to Laureen? Does she believe that her daughter, who would now be 48, was kidnapped and is still being held somewhere against her will? Or does she think Laureen ran away voluntarily, and if so, what would have prompted her to run away at 14? I think there's more that we're not being told.

I agree on the suicide. Could be coincidence...it is very eerie and....maybe connected.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back