Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the real story about the ammunition? I thought I heard some testimony about him purchasing a gun with ammo and the gun was 'on order' so he just took the ammo home, planning to pick up the gun at a later date. Isn't that enough proof he wanted to possess it?

I recall Oscar's first day in the witness box, his wretched snotty sobbing , his poofy wailing but most of all I recall him and his sudden , newfound hatred and disgust with guns. His 'deep love' for guns was remarked upon by at least two witnesses in the stand, Rens, and I think, Fresco... 'I hate guns now'.. he sobbed, ' I hate them, '....

lets' hope he doesn't take up archery..

Yet, just after that testimony, Dixon or Wolmaran's stated that Pistorius helped them with their ballistics test.

Plus, how dubious that he could be 'so upset' around guns - he coolly and blank-faced on video acted out the night holding and shooting the firearm at the toilet door. And then he and his sister acted at being dead Steenkamp on the floor and finally carried out Scarlet O'Hara-style down the staircase...

I still can't get past the idea that it is in any way plausible that your automatic assumption wouldn't be that the strange person in the bathroom would be, you know, THE PERSON WHO LIVES WITH YOU. No one suggested that OP had a history of sleepwalking or nighttime hallucinations. Masipa rejected the heightened anxiety claim, and he wasn't found to be mentally incapacitated in any way at the time of the shooting. If he had time to get his gun and position himself to fire, he had time to check the bed and realize Reeva wasn't there.

This isn't just a case of mistaken but honest fear. That is something you might claim if you shot someone who approached you while you were walking on a dark street at night, and made a gesture you perceived as aggressive. In that case, we might still decide that the fear wasn't reasonable enough to justify the response, but it would be somewhere in the realm of comprehensible human behavior. But if you can legitimately claim that you were afraid because you heard the toilet flush EVEN THOUGH you already knew there were others in the house, then we're living in a very dangerous world.

And from what I've read about domestic violence, the fact that OP was apparently devastated afterward doesn't prove anything. Men who kill their partners don't usually plan it out in advance, they do it in a moment of rage and don't think about the consequences until it is too late. That doesn't mean firing four bullets into someone isn't intentional murder in that moment.

BIB .. absolutely, and I cannot BELIEVE that the judge accepted at face value that OP was trying to resuscitate Reeva at the scene, and was genuinely distressed, when Dr Stipp turned up .. it's common knowledge that perpetrators of domestic violence can put on these sorts of displays for others, or can lie ('I thought she was an intruder') at the drop of a hat! I know mine could! JM's ignorance about domestic violence and abuse, and the way it works, is absolutely JAW DROPPING.

How it has been deemed there was not enough evidence is beyond me, too .. all the blood trail along the carpet, up onto the duvet on the floor with the jeans on, which meant the fan could not have been where OP said it was .. what happened to all of that? Along with heaps of other stuff, and ear witness accounts (which should NOT have been thrown out, just because they were not identical .. you would never expect them to be). It's the 'MOSAIC' that Nel kept talking about, that was the important thing .. and Masipa has totally disregarded the lot of it. Disgraceful! .. and yet, she kept using various statements provided by OP and deemed them to be the truth, even though there were no other witnesses other than Reeva? She even took the toilet door as being locked as gospel truth .. well where is the judge's evidence for that toilet door being locked? Why is it that she can throw out various bits of evidence because she thinks it's unreliable, but then add in various bits of 'evidence' (because it suits a CH verdict) but for which there is also no actual hard evidence to support it. It's like a 'pick and mix' and if she is going to say that the evidence to convict him of knowingly murdering Reeva was unreliable, then equally her own evidence for convicting him of CH is also just as unreliable, if you are going to work on her basis.

The Pistorius "boys" are so irreverent, immature, ignorant & self absorbed. Why would Carl feel the need to tweet at all at this crucial time? Do they think that their opinions are so important that they have no respect for for appropriate timing & decorum that they actually have to compose a tweet during court? Obviously not. CNN reporting OP is guilty of culpable homicide & will follow with an update on possible sentencing. I am satisfied with CH, I never thought it was premeditated. I hope he gets *some* jail time as IMO it is a serious crime, Reeva lost her life. OP has proven he is very careless with firearms. I hope they take his gun license away as well.

But it was murder even without premeditation. He knew it was reeva even even if we pretend he did not know he clearly intended to murder someone, but not only did he get away with that, he got away with not foreseeing his actions might possibly kill someone. Its a terrible injustice on so many levels. Reeva got no justice the judge convicted him of accidently killing her.

So if there is an appeal, Judge Masipa will hear it? Be the one to decide if her own decision was correct?

So if there is an appeal, Judge Masipa will hear it? Be the one to decide if her own decision was correct?

Surely not. That would be ridiculous. I want to know the answer to your question as well.

I believe in Karma... have seen it with my own eyes. When someone gets away with such an injustice, it (guilt) drags them down to their ultimate destruction. In this case, alcohol, fast cars and guns will surely be the means....

Yes, and these types of people like OP actually hate themselves and they will eventually self destruct. Here's hoping .. (just as long as no-one else gets hurt in the process)

"@BBCAndrewH: #OscarPistorius has reemerged from the cells, looking no worse for wear. He's chatting to an uncle now in court."

yikes....if true....i am also in the twilight zone...help

Are we back? My feed isn't back yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still no sign of Masipa, my word bank transfers must take a long time to go through in South Africa.

Well , color me confused, cause if Masipa gets to decide if she was wrong, what chance is there of that happening?

BIB .. absolutely, and I cannot BELIEVE that the judge accepted at face value that OP was trying to resuscitate Reeva at the scene, and was genuinely distressed, when Dr Stipp turned up .. it's common knowledge that perpetrators of domestic violence can put on these sorts of displays for others, or can lie ('I thought she was an intruder') at the drop of a hat! I know mine could! JM's ignorance about domestic violence and abuse, and the way it works, is absolutely JAW DROPPING.

How it has been deemed there was not enough evidence is beyond me, too .. all the blood trail along the carpet, up onto the duvet on the floor with the jeans on, which meant the fan could not have been where OP said it was .. what happened to all of that? Along with heaps of other stuff, and ear witness accounts (which should NOT have been thrown out, just because they were not identical .. you would never expect them to be). It's the 'MOSAIC' that Nel kept talking about, that was the important thing .. and Masipa has totally disregarded the lot of it. Disgraceful! .. and yet, she kept using various statements provided by OP and deemed them to be the truth, even though there were no other witnesses other than Reeva? She even took the toilet door as being locked as gospel truth .. well where is the judge's evidence for that toilet door being locked? Why is it that she can throw out various bits of evidence because she thinks it's unreliable, but then add in various bits of 'evidence' (because it suits a CH verdict) but for which there is also no actual hard evidence to support it. It's like a 'pick and mix' and if she is going to say that the evidence to convict him of knowingly murdering Reeva was unreliable, then equally her own evidence for convicting him of CH is also just as unreliable, if you are going to work on her basis.

I guess it's a textbook case of Confirmation bias/Selective listening. Perhaps, the self-imposed media embargo was counter-productive, given that Masipa must have absorbed plenty of pre-incident pro-Oscar hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc