WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 30-50, 159UFWA, alias 'Mary Anderson', copper IUD, breast surgery scars, Oct'96

I did a name search on the htread but didnt find anything here - sorry if this MP is a repeat....

Possible? Comments?

This Lady ticks the boxes - height range, weight, eyes, hair - possible circumstances - though there is no photo I can find of her on the web. There looks as if there was a photo at Oregon Police, but the image has since been removed.
She ran away in 1994 - which may mean she had to take on an alias, and she was moving around and not in a place where she would be recognized.
From the 'Note' in her circumstances, she may have had issues or a mental illness at the time. That may (just a broad speculation) be a reason for someone being suicidal .

Seattle WA to Lane County OR = 308 miles - 5 HRS driving time

---------------
The Blue text is the UID profile
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14706/12?current_page=case_information

NamUs MP # 14706
Laura Hitson
No_photo
Lane County, Oregon
34 year old white female

Date last seen - September 25, 1994 (Oct 1996)
Age (1996) - 36 (33-45)

Height (inches) - 67.0 (68.0)
Weight (pounds) - 240.0 (240.0)

Hair: Brown (Brown)
Eye: Brown (Brown)

Was being transported to Sacred Heart ER when she bolted.
Please note, Hitson can be violent/aggressive without her medications.

DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Status Fingerprint: information is currently not available
-------------------------

In regard to the MP Laura Hitson - there is an obituary link for Earl Jn Hitson which mentions the name Laura Hitson without details of association. I was thinking that the Missing Person Laura Hitson may have been a daughter-in-law, or related in some way.
I wondered if Laura Hitson was using a Maiden name? and what it is?
And it seems that there are associated relatives living (maybe not blood relatives) - which may give access to a ID - or at least getting a photo on the web for her now.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=11864363

ETA: Earl Jn Hitson was a Minister of God. Possible connection related to the Bible being with the UID and her being Laura Hirson? (aka Mary Anderson)

Hello,

Did not read the entire thread, but I would also like to point out something about the name and the maple leaves. I think her name might have been Mary (if not her first, then her middle). If she was born in the 50s, then it would have been at the peak of the name's use. Secondly, Anderson is used in MN as a substitute for Smith, because of its popularity among the Scandinavian descendents. Mary Anderson could be the Minnesotan variant of Jane Smith. There are also maple trees in MN, and pretty much, the only pretty trees/drop of color here in autumn.

On an unrelated note, she reminds me of another lady who committed suicide in a cemetery and was never identified. Do you know who I am talking about?

I have submitted to NAMUS for their consideration - Laura Hitson of a match to the UID.
I have contacted the Regional Manager of Laura's Case Janet Franson by email, and asked if she is not the right contact to please let me know who is.
I will post in the thread if I receive any reply's on the matter.
Sometimes there are no replys :( though.
Fingers crossed.

SS#'s were on drivers license in 1996 in the state of Ill. It is entirely possible that it was present on the State of Maryland DL as well, which is where a SS # that begins in 212 is issued from .

This doesn't sound familiar, but I don't have any of my old MD Driver's licenses, either (I'm pretty sure I had to surrender them).

This may be out in left field but after reading the entire thread a thought/memory popped into my head.. I remember a case of product tampering in the late 1980's in which a woman loaded up Excedrin bottles with a fish tank algaecide containing cyanide killing her husband and customers who had purchased Excedrin bottles she laced and put back on shelves of stores in Washington State. Anyone could buy this product to treat their fish tanks back then. Now for a crazy hypothesis..could she have bought the bowl, a cheap goldfish and the algaecide to test the dosage before taking it herself. My Goodness, this case is boggling my mind.:dunno:

http://murderpedia.org/female.N/n/nickell-stella.htm

I believe that the surgery was a breast reduction - in the 80's and even until now, the procedure hasnt changed a great deal - with scars under the breast and scars around the nipple.

Illustrations:
http://www.drzevon.com/procedures/breast/breast-reduction/breast-reduction-illustrations/

JMO :)

Agreed, if the breast scars were also on the nipple area I would agree it was a reduction. However, where I thought that it was actually implants was based on the notation of the scaring being on the underside of the breast which is a procedure called: Inframamary Incision used in breast implants so that scars are not so visible. I know that the nipple area is at times used in order to "lift" the breast if they've begun to sag (due to age or breast feeding/being pregnant) and can be a part of breast reconstruction as well. The only scarring of the breast I read, and I don't know all of it since we have no autopsy reports, were under the breast. My experience is in OB/GYN so I have absolutely none in plastic surgery LoL Here's the link I got the information from: http://www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.com/breast-augmentation/incision-inframammary.htm It's entirely possible the woman had breast reduction, however that would entail the nipple area being changed as when you take away you change the dynamic of the point of center, where as when you add you may not disturb that point of center and not need to reposition the nipple. (Again, without the autopsy and medical report it could be either.)

I did a name search on the htread but didnt find anything here - sorry if this MP is a repeat....

Possible? Comments?

This Lady ticks the boxes - height range, weight, eyes, hair - possible circumstances - though there is no photo I can find of her on the web. There looks as if there was a photo at Oregon Police, but the image has since been removed.
She ran away in 1994 - which may mean she had to take on an alias, and she was moving around and not in a place where she would be recognized.
From the 'Note' in her circumstances, she may have had issues or a mental illness at the time. That may (just a broad speculation) be a reason for someone being suicidal .

Seattle WA to Lane County OR = 308 miles - 5 HRS driving time

---------------
The Blue text is the UID profile
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14706/12?current_page=case_information

NamUs MP # 14706
Laura Hitson
No_photo
Lane County, Oregon
34 year old white female

Date last seen - September 25, 1994 (Oct 1996)
Age (1996) - 36 (33-45)

Height (inches) - 67.0 (68.0)
Weight (pounds) - 240.0 (240.0)

Hair: Brown (Brown)
Eye: Brown (Brown)

Was being transported to Sacred Heart ER when she bolted.
Please note, Hitson can be violent/aggressive without her medications.

DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Status Fingerprint: information is currently not available
-------------------------

In regard to the MP Laura Hitson - there is an obituary link for Earl Jn Hitson which mentions the name Laura Hitson without details of association. I was thinking that the Missing Person Laura Hitson may have been a daughter-in-law, or related in some way.
I wondered if Laura Hitson was using a Maiden name? and what it is?
And it seems that there are associated relatives living (maybe not blood relatives) - which may give access to a ID - or at least getting a photo on the web for her now.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=11864363

ETA: Earl Jn Hitson was a Minister of God. Possible connection related to the Bible being with the UID and her being Laura Hirson? (aka Mary Anderson)

Age and description would fit... nothing on her physical traits ie... false upper plate, breast augmentation surgery/breast reduction surgery, or a photo to compare... hope they have some photo's or have DNA available to cross match if our Mary Anderson had a DNA sample taken. Even dental records on Laura would be nice to cross compare with Mary's and see if it's a match. However, since Laura was missing in 94 and in NAMUS and KCME checked NAMUS, for some reason she was either ruled out or not considered a match? It's worth a shot... and did you notice in the obituary that it stated one of the kids lived in Seattle? I would think if a relative was here and given the publicity and pictures up here published of Mary Anderson that relative would have recognized her too... but you never know, again worth a shot!! Hope they answer your inquiry. I've had no word from Kathy at KCME, I will call again next week if I hear nothing. (Good catch on the Dad or relative being a missionary, maybe a connection there too!) Crossing fingers also!

Respectfully snipped by me for space :)
Hope they answer your inquiry. I've had no word from Kathy at KCME, I will call again next week if I hear nothing. (Good catch on the Dad or relative being a missionary, maybe a connection there too!) Crossing fingers also!

:seeya:
I hope you hear something too - I was thinking of reporting it the other way around (to KCME), but being OS, email is preferable for me, but not many official places to report take emails. I have had some responses from NAMUS before, so hopefully they will oblige again :)

Age and description would fit... nothing on her physical traits ie... false upper plate, breast augmentation surgery/breast reduction surgery, or a photo to compare... hope they have some photo's or have DNA available to cross match if our Mary Anderson had a DNA sample taken. Even dental records on Laura would be nice to cross compare with Mary's and see if it's a match

With MP Laura not having any DNA nor Dental's on record at all to go off, and the gap of 2 years - I was hoping the lack of details were beneficial (IYKWIM) - at least to the point that this can be followed up (I hope) and possibly they could get a picture of Laura if there is a connection to relatives from the Bitson family. The gap between when Laura went missing and the finding of UID Mary Anderson - possibly MP Laura had some work done on herself.

We press on....

Laura Hitson sounds the exact opposite of Mary Anderson--one was methodical where the other sounds violent and out of control (when off her meds). Still, the physical similarities are intriguing enough that I'd love see a photo of her. Glad you submitted her.

Laura Hitson sounds the exact opposite of Mary Anderson--one was methodical where the other sounds violent and out of control (when off her meds). Still, the physical similarities are intriguing enough that I'd love see a photo of her. Glad you submitted her.

Agreed about the note with the MP's profile. I thought that was a bit like a positive/negative. Sort of find her but dont go near her sort of scenario. What ever was the reason she was being transported to hospital is another mystery. It makes it sound like an involuntary admittance, and she was in a state when she did a runner - but idk, it could have been anything, she could have been assaulted, or in an accident and being taken to hospital.
I hope though too, even if its not a match, her profile gets an update.

I keep looking at her possessions, and I keep returning to the thought that there is a clue in what is not there, as I briefly got into earlier. No underwear, no socks. Toothpaste but no toothbrush. Nice cosmetics and perfumes, but no soaps, or any toiletries apart from the toothpaste. An Iron but nothing to iron. No sort of general lady-stuff, like tampons or whatever. No jewelry. If she came from a warmer place, no lighter jacket or clothes.

I am thinking that there used to be a third bag, ditched or lost before the hotel. I don't know if that means anything. If she ditched all she had and bought almost everything in Seattle there might be a clue in what she didn't buy to fill out, shall we say, the illusion of a life she tried to leave behind. But, again, I have no idea what that would mean. But it keeps nagging at me.

Agreed! And Mary had a medicine bottle with the label torn off, so Mary took some sort of med's for something (BP, Depression??) I wonder how her pathology came back on her blood work, what other medications or substances were found in her blood, liver, kidneys, stomach contents, etc...?? Again, so much we don't know so many things one needs to know if hunting for a needle in a haystack.

I keep looking at her possessions, and I keep returning to the thought that there is a clue in what is not there, as I briefly got into earlier. No underwear, no socks. Toothpaste but no toothbrush. Nice cosmetics and perfumes, but no soaps, or any toiletries apart from the toothpaste. An Iron but nothing to iron. No sort of general lady-stuff, like tampons or whatever. No jewelry. If she came from a warmer place, no lighter jacket or clothes.

I am thinking that there used to be a third bag, ditched or lost before the hotel. I don't know if that means anything. If she ditched all she had and bought almost everything in Seattle there might be a clue in what she didn't buy to fill out, shall we say, the illusion of a life she tried to leave behind. But, again, I have no idea what that would mean. But it keeps nagging at me.
Agreed! What ISN'T there is more of a clue than what IS there! She could have donated her former possessions and dumped them in any of the donation bins in the city, she could have thrown them away in a dumpster, but she obviously didn't intend to stay alive long enough to require socks, underwear, toothbrush... but then note this: the information KCME released about her possessions didn't mention she was even WEARING underwear (bra, under garments)... all it says is she had black leggings and a black turtle neck! I think these things are deliberately omitted again, for identification purposes. Ok... so I think in my head "what could be so identifying about that, that this is something you wouldn't release to the public?" The undergarments:... did she have a partial mastectomy and the scars underneath her breasts then were not cosmetic in nature? Did she have partial prosthetic pads for her bra? And what could be so identifying about underwear? I'm talking now with respect to what she was wearing at the time of death... After speaking with the staff person at KCME when I left my message for Kathy Taylor the Anthropologist, she told me that they deliberately leave out things for identification purposes. So the things they leave out might be unique in nature that would only be known to someone in the family or someone that could positively ID them. In that case she might have had all these items, toothbrush, underwear, etc... So again, we're back to the riddle of what we do have to figure out who she might have been. And again, was there a DNA sample taken? I think now this is the pivotal question...if there WAS a DNA or blood sample taken at the time of death we might have a chance to ID her in the future. (Do also note: King Counties Cold Case Division was shut down due to budget cuts.) I would definitely think that in this case or any case where the funds have been cut and the cold case division is disbanded that they NEED EVERYONE they can get to do work for them in any way we can. All we need is direction, and a list of what has been done...there's things we can't do obviously. But what is obvious is web sites like this are invaluable to all the families and loved one's out there who are left wondering, and hurting over wars among themselves; not knowing their relative is not still mad at them but has passed away. (So... what I'm trying to say here is, there may be more clues here in what's NOT mentioned even by KCME than what is! Both seem to be very mysterious)

In answer to a question a few posts up: Maryland doesn't use SSNs on driver's licenses. We get these ridiculously long soundex numbers instead.

Going by the description of her scars, I am 99.8% sure it was from a reduction, not implants (she at least didn't have implants at the time of her death, anyway). I had a reduction 12 years ago, and the scars are basically inverted anchors: around the nipple, straight from the nipple to the crease, and all along the crease. Pretty much the same as what "Mary" had and basically the most common type of scar from breast reductions. They don't do much cutting for implants, the scars are much smaller.

The gold color in her irises could possibly be a sign of Wilson's, but it is more likely totally normal. I have blue eyes that have a gold ring around the pupils, and it is entirely genetic as my (brown eyed) father and most of the people in that side of my family have it as well. It's not uncommon, it's just that it isn't really something you notice until you get really up close to one of us to see it :)

I'm not sure which species of maple it was, but I live in Seattle and there are plenty of maples around here. Specifically, we have a type called the big leaf maple - my son has a 14" leaf from one framed on his bedroom wall!

Going by the description of her scars, I am 99.8% sure it was from a reduction, not implants (she at least didn't have implants at the time of her death, anyway). I had a reduction 12 years ago, and the scars are basically inverted anchors: around the nipple, straight from the nipple to the crease, and all along the crease. Pretty much the same as what "Mary" had and basically the most common type of scar from breast reductions. They don't do much cutting for implants, the scars are much smaller.
Does it mention somewhere how large the scars were beneath her breasts? I had to have missed that somewhere else. In the article "The Cipher in Room 214" the reporter Carol Anderson quotes the ME stating: "...Scars beneath both breasts indicated some form of cosmetic breast surgery -- indicating that she had the means, and desire, to care for her appearance..." So that's how I based my opinion it was breast enlargement versus reduction as the scars are "beneath" both breasts and it doesn't mention the nipple area at all nor the size.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back