Django Unchained's Daniele Watts detained, mistaken for prostitute?

' “Django Unchained” actress Daniele Watts says she was stopped and handcuffed by police last week in Los Angeles after she was “showing affection” to her partner, Brian James Lucas. In a Facebook post, Lucas said it’s clear that police “saw a tatted RAWKer white boy and a hot bootie shorted black girl” and thought she was a prostitute and that he was a client.

On Sunday, the Los Angeles Police Department said Watts and Lucas were briefly detained after officers responded to a 911 call about “indecent exposure” between a couple in a car, and they matched the description. However, the department has launched an internal complaint investigation about what happened.'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ed-by-police-for-showing-affection-in-public/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 273
Daniele said she refused to show officers her ID when asked, as she wasn't legally obliged to. I wonder if that may have contributed to police thinking something a little suspect was going on?

Oh my gosh! Look at the latest TMZ article!
Where is her PUBLIC apology to the police????
'Django Unchained' Actress -- Cops: After Car Sex She Pulls Race, Fame Card

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_4i6bq2rn/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now for some truth, listen to all audio's. Goodbye career, IMO

http://www.tmz.com/

Not that it's much of a career, but yes. This has backfired big time on her. I am usually the first one to assume the police are in the wrong, espcially the LAPD. But having heard the audio, and heard the truth about what they were actually doing there, I am 100% behind the police.

Her career is toast. Not that anyone is going to notice.

Not that it's much of a career, but yes. This has backfired big time on her. I am usually the first one to assume the police are in the wrong, espcially the LAPD. But having heard the audio, and heard the truth about what they were actually doing there, I am 100% behind the police.

Her career is toast. Not that anyone is going to notice.

And why is only TMZ reporting this?
Where are all the news outlets that presented her side? Where's the update, the outrage and defense of law enforcement officer??????

And why is only TMZ reporting this?
Where are all the news outlets that presented her side? Where's the update, the outrage and defense of law enforcement officer??????

KFI 640, a very popular local Los Angeles radio station has been all over it. That's where I heard the audio and they also interviewed the Police Officer. John and Ken, the hosts during the evening drive time have been particularly vocal about it.

While I don't always agree with them, I like that they do not seem to have a political agenda. They pretty much just hate politicians. As far as issues like this, they were completely and vocally against the two Fullerton P.D. Officers that beat an innocent mentally impaired young man, Kelly Thomas, to death and walked free. But, here they are backing the Police 100%.

I don't watch or read TMZ, so this is the only reason I know about it.

I saw this story and thought Daniele was in the wrong. A complaint was called in so the police were doing their job by investigating it. It could have been quickly and easily handled if she had just complied and been pleasant. However her behavior and her attitude that they ought to recognize her was obnoxious and uncooperative.( I didn't recognize her, I never saw that movie, never heard of her and even if I did, who cares)

Have I ever been pulled over/approached by police when I have done nothing wrong? Yes I have. Once my husband and i were lost and ended up going down a very sketchy street where an officer felt that we looked out of place (apparently people drive down there looking for drugs). We were polite with the officer, showed him our ID and explained we were lost and needed directions. We were thankful to him for his help, understood his reason for stopping us and did not have an attitude about it

Another time, I was approached by LE when i was in the area I taught in (inner city New Orleans, projects). Again I had nothing to hide and had no attitude. I understand that cops are just doing their job and I don't think of myself as some entitled person above the law.

i think this actress just shot down her own career. Nobody wants to deal with an ego or attitude like that, especially coming from someone who has had one small part in a movie. Obviously someone her age should know better than to display an extreme display of affection in public. She seems a bit of an exhibitionist who thrives on attention and wants to be noticed.

I just remembered that hubby and I also had an encounter with a cop when we went "parking" one night. We were just married and were staying in a in family members house with 5 other people and no privacy. So went for a drive, found a dark, unpopulated area in the woods and enjoyed some privacy and had a cop come upon us. We were not caught in an indecent situation but we did have some explaining to do, which we did. Again, the incident was quickly handled and not escalated. We were both polite, cooperative, had nothing to hide and had no sense of entitlement.

Amazing how not having an attitude and complying with the cops can make all the difference.

Oh my gosh! Look at the latest TMZ article!
Where is her PUBLIC apology to the police????
'Django Unchained' Actress -- Cops: After Car Sex She Pulls Race, Fame Card

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_4i6bq2rn/

The comments( some of them) are true actually IMO. and hysterical:lol: , but I'm easily amused.

I saw them, the couple, on a CNN interview, she talked, and he just kept shaking his head, as in yes, agreeing with her. Wonder if the po po found the tissue to the issue?:thinking:

What a pathetic joke she is!
Rather than apologize publicly to law enforcement for her behavior that narcissistic little twit wants to keep it going...

Sit down and SHUT UP already! You're done!

I heard on KFI today, that the cops were just given pictures, showing the couple was having sex in broad daylight in the car. So she cannot keep lying anymore about it.

The audio tape of her on the phone telling her Daddy what is going on is amusing. As if Daddy has control over this. Then she throws in that she played a cop on TV and her stepmom is dying. She is an ACTRESS in front of her studio. Oh and she is black and was raised the south. Umm, ok none of that is relevant, just show the cop your ID, act like a responsible adult and it would have been a non-incident.

I hope this is the last we see of her but seeing as she appears to be an exhibitionist, I can imagine that her next starring role offer will be in a *advertiser censored* film.

Ha, you beat me to it...SwampMama...lol

yes....I see *advertiser censored* in her future. At least tons of offers...hehe

Couldn't they get a room with her "Hollywood" money??

You bet they thought she was a prostitute...white or black or green or gray...it looked like a fast money job to the police. haha

As soon as her say the word 'publicist' to the cop, I knew she was trying to get some milage out of this.
In my opinion, she's made a fool out of herself. But these days, there is some free publicity at a minimum, a payoff at best.
All MOO

Personally, I'll never watch anything she's in.

Personally, I'll never watch anything she's in.

That shouldn't be too difficult:laughing:

Just joking of course, I understand and agree with your sentiment. But it's not like we are refusing to watch anything Meryl Streep ever does. Who is going to miss this woman?

Not me.

I guess this presser has already happened.

'....some of L.A.'s most prominent African American leaders are denouncing Watts:

Project Islamic Hope President Najee Ali, Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable President Earl Ofari Hutchinson and other local civil rights leaders have lined up against Watts' claims that her race drove police to single her out for an investigation on the afternoon of Sept. 11.

The leaders will officially call her out during a 9:30 a.m. press conference today at the studios of KTYM 1460 AM in Inglewood, according to a statement. They also "demand" that the actress to apologize to the LAPD.'

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/09/19/daniele-watts-denounced-by-black-leaders#more

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back