VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so badly for Hannah's parents and everything they must be going through right now. On a positive note, they can feel confident that LE is working tirelessly on this case. They seem to be really passionate about finding answers as soon as possible (unlike in some cases where you are not sure if LE is even doing anything, or seems to think the student walked away on their own).

On another note.... we have 253 guests on this thread. Please join us!!!

When the Websleuths forum is openly and calling the only witness who has come forward a "creepy" person, think about how that may affect people who may have seen or heard something that night, if they read this forum. Why would they want to come forward with information and be christened the newest "creepy guy" by the Websleuths peanut gallery?
Creepy is a descriptive word and as I stated his actions are what makes him creepy. Not how he looks. I highly doubt this guy is reading webslueths.

could be that the guy with dreads "zoomed" past the older guy and the group of guys and took the opportunity to interact with Hannah - whether the older guy was creeping or trying to look out for her, the dread guy moved in. Did he make his move to assist her, because he knew her, or take advantage? He hasn't come forward as far as we know. My guess he saw opportunity.

I agree. Plus, honestly, if he is truly innocent I am guessing he will not give a rat's *advertiser censored* whether anyone is judging him on this forum--he came forward to help find Hannah, not to prove anything. Unless, he is not innocent.

Just MO.

Two words: Richard Jewell.

"CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. (WJLA/AP) - A vigil is planned for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Elizabeth Graham, as concern continues to mount with the emergence of two new surveillance videos that show men interacting with her shortly before she disappeared early Saturday morning. Charlottesville police said they have interviewed one of the two men seen in the videos, who is serving as a helpful witness."
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...-men-interacting-with-her-vigil-planned-.html

So that article states two men were seen in the videos interacting with Hannah.......error in reporting or in reference to the other man we all see in the video....interesting

could be that the guy with dreads "zoomed" past the older guy and the group of guys and took the opportunity to interact with Hannah - whether the older guy was creeping or trying to look out for her, the dread guy moved in. Did he make his move to assist her, because he knew her, or take advantage? He hasn't come forward as far as we know. My guess he saw opportunity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know each other. Maybe she was suppose to meet up with him. Wonder if she has any classes with him or anyone has seen her interacting with a guy that fits that description.

If this were the case, then the dreadlocked black guy would be the black guy that the WG saw. If that is the case, then he is clearly on the videos, however LE said that the BG that the WG saw is NOT depicted in the videos.

He wasn't just standing there. He was walking like everyone else and stopped for 3 seconds to look at his phone. We should be happy he came forward and not result to childish name calling especially since he is not a suspect.
SORRY to dwell on the creeper more....
I really cant shake feeling like CWG is going to be named a suspect. Hoping they have enough video to see what he was doing prior to this. The body language is like a hunter following his prey. If you were following someone and didnt want them to suspect it, you could change positions like walking in front for a while and then behind. Trying to blend in to surroundings and appear ordinary. IMO looks like he nudged a little before stepping out to follow her like he was waiting for the perfect time. Pulling out "phone" from pocket and looking down not to draw any attention to himself and not letting her see his face. It all seemed calculated or something.
The dread head seems like a panhandler and when the two women dissed him, the next person he noticed was hannah on the other side. I think he quickly caught up with her. IMO he is not involved, just a scapegoat. I think anyone who draws attention to themself is innocent. Its the "ordinary" people who do strange things. I hope the dread man is not missing too?? maybe he got in the way of a plan that night....
Also I have heard of stalkers justifying their actions by stating they were trying to protect their victim from harm....

Why are they releasing a sketch if they have video of him?

Perhaps the sketch as based on what they could see in the video plus the witness's description. The video was so grainy it's hard to see much.

I've been reading posts on HG and am just chiming in. I just watched the video again that shows the dreaded fellow high-five-ing the two young ladies. I've lived in Charlottesville for the past 24 years. I went to UVA and worked in an office at the very far end of the downtown mall nearest the Pavilion. Watching this video made me realize just how "common" the whole scene looks. I could easily see myself walking along that same stretch and not noticing one thing going on around me. I've been to concerts at The Jefferson and can't, honestly, tell you one detail about the people who walked by me because there are so many people milling about down there. I think some of us get a false sense of security there in Cville. I worked a job on the downtown mall for many months that ended at around 1am. For the first few months, I felt relatively safe as I walked the only 10 minutes to me car. But, one night, with purse and laptop in tow, I had a guy walk towards me from out of a recessed around at the bus transit station. It scared the crap out of me. I often talk big talk about what I will do if anyone ever tried to hurt me, but in the moment, I may as well have been a scared baby and completely lost. Luckily, he never approached me or harmed me. I quite that job after three months due to not feeling safe down there at night.

SORRY to dwell on the creeper more....
I really cant shake feeling like CWG is going to be named a suspect. Hoping they have enough video to see what he was doing prior to this. The body language is like a hunter following his prey. If you were following someone and didnt want them to suspect it, you could change positions like walking in front for a while and then behind. Trying to blend in to surroundings and appear ordinary. IMO looks like he nudged a little before stepping out to follow her like he was waiting for the perfect time. Pulling out "phone" from pocket and looking down not to draw any attention to himself and not letting her see his face. It all seemed calculated or something.
The dread head seems like a panhandler and when the two women dissed him, the next person he noticed was hannah on the other side. I think he quickly caught up with her. IMO he is not involved, just a scapegoat. I think anyone who draws attention to themself is innocent. Its the "ordinary" people who do strange things. I hope the dread man is not missing too?? maybe he got in the way of a plan that night....
Also I have heard of stalkers justifying their actions by stating they were trying to protect their victim from harm....

nah. i think they've moved on from him. if they suspected him, i don't think they would have specifically called him a 'cooperative witness'.
you can read his body language/actions in other ways too. as other people said, he could have just been an awkward dude who didn't know how to express concern but wanted to keep his eye on her without her becoming alarmed.
idk. i don't think he played a role in this. their POI is a black dude.

I agree. Plus, honestly, if he is truly innocent I am guessing he will not give a rat's *advertiser censored* whether anyone is judging him on this forum--he came forward to help find Hannah, not to prove anything. Unless, he is not innocent.

Just MO.

And he probably is innocent. But if he watches the video of his actions, he just might think he comes across as a little creepy. JMO. ;)

SO happy that have a POI!!! Please let there be an arrest soon and let them find Hannah!!!

Creepy is a descriptive word and as I stated his actions are what makes him creepy. Not how he looks. I highly doubt this guy is reading webslueths.

And this is why people don't like to get involved when they see things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam