VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if her last text said she was lost...wouldn't you check to see if she made it home?
Her text reportedly said she was lost at 14th and Wertland St, which is literally around the corner from where she lives. Since her friends knew she had been drinking, they might have disregarded it. It was also sent quite late, and if it was sent to friends who had also been drinking, they may have been asleep/passed out by that point, or perhaps partying or otherwise busy and unaware that Hannah had texted them until sometime later. It's possible the text wasn't noticed until the next day. (If someone knows otherwise, please feel free to correct me - I haven't seen much definitive reporting on this particular point.)

I have wondered about that text, since I've also read that police believe autocorrect may have mangled it. But that's one heck of a mangle... Wertland is not a common name. Of course, now that we know her last known location, and since there's been mention that search dogs hit on Hannah's scent at the Water St. Parking Garage, I wonder if that could explain it.... could "I'm lost near 4th and Water Street" (about a block south of where she was last seen, and right at the corner of that garage) autocorrect to "I'm lost near 14th and Wertland St", esp if her phone had previously stored/sent references to the latter?

Even if she did not send the text, the person on the other would not have known that.

OK, I am so tired of hearing about a staggering HG. Not once, in any of the videos, have I witnessed her staggering. I saw her fixing her hair and tugging at the back waistband of her black plants (outside McGrady's.) I saw her left hand in a cupped or fist position in both the McGrady's and the Tuel Jewelry videos. The only really odd thing I noticed was what may have been her flailing her arms as she ran past the Shell station. Unless she was audibly, yelling, muttering, cursing or crying, I just don't see "distressed."...maybe PO'd but not any sign of disorientation or distress.

There was one that I cannot find where she was clearly stumbling and not walking straight. I will post when I find it, it was one of the first videos released.

@gretawire 21m

Will #HannahGraham's LAST text message prove the key to solving mystery of her disappearance?
wonder what is meant by this?

There was one that I cannot find where she was clearly stumbling and not walking straight. I will post when I find it, it was one of the first videos released.

I know it was reported that she stumbled up onto the sidewalk at the pub. There was even footage of it. That was one thing that her parents became concerned about and stated there was foul play.

@gretawire 21m

Will #HannahGraham's LAST text message prove the key to solving mystery of her disappearance?
wonder what is meant by this?
it means ratings for Greta.....

Even if she did not send the text, the person on the other would not have known that.

I see your point. Maybe folks did check on her, and were calling around to friends and family prior to going to the police.

I keep having the same questions. And I did think it was possible that some of the cameras record colors differently. However the first man you pictured appears to not only be wearing lighter colored pants, but they actually appear to be shorts. He also appears to not have such a large stomach, and I even think I see a hat on his head. The second man seems to have full-length dark pants on, a large gut, and no hat?

ETA: Yet the second man pictured is the one I keep seeing following Hannah in video footage, while the first man pictured is the one popping out behind her from a doorway... no?
Exactly! And there is one clip where they are both in a still frame at the SAME time. There are two WGs. The heavier one on the right side of the screen actually looks like he was using an ATM. While at that moment the other WG with the light colored shorts is lurking in the alcove.

A thought just crossed my mind. Could she have approached this unknown male to buy her more beer. She was only 18 she couldn't get anymore.

I can say I did some incredibly stupid things while drinking in my somewhat small, college town which felt so safe at the time. Once, after getting angry with friends, I left a party by myself, heavily under the influence. Two guys in a truck pulled up and asked where the party was at, explaining they were from out of town. They were my age, looked just like my friends from school, and it's embarrassing to admit this, but my response was, "I'll tell you if you give me a ride back to my dorm." And I hopped right into that truck, in the very back seat right behind the passenger in a two door truck, and to this day I have no idea how I got so lucky, but they took me straight to my dorm and dropped me off. And I told them where the party was. I have thought about that night a thousand times since then and I can't believe I did it. I really can't. I have NO idea where my head was at, but in my own drunken way, I think I was trying to spite my friends, but if I truly had thought I would encounter anything sinister, I wouldn't have gotten in. But I can tell you that I felt so safe where I was, surrounded by peers. None of them seemed capable of being bad to me or doing me harm. And alcohol only adds to that feeling of released inhibitions. I know my friends and I felt that we did a good job of looking out for one another, but only now can I see that we were all far too comfortable in our surroundings. I tell you this not to horrify you and and mortify myself, but to perhaps shed some light on her and her friends mindsets. I have younger siblings and I would be absolutely be mortified knowing they behaved the way I did when I was on college. So I talked to them a LOT about being safe. I have a feeling her friends are beating themselves up right now, but this situation is not uncommon. If anything comes out of cases like these, I hope that young women will start to engage in some discourse on our responsibility to ourselves and one another in these types of situations.

A little off topic but this was a tweet I found to greta...
@gretawire If you have your facts wrong how do U think local police & other helpers can obtain correct info 2 aid the missing #HannahGraham
...so yeah you're probably right. I'm not familiar with her.

I've seen nothing and have had the same questions. I absolutely do not think she was the author. I've wondered several times who the texts were sent to and were they random contacts chosen by the texter.

"Longo said Graham had been drinking alcohol with her friends on Friday night. They ate dinner together and made plans to meet up again later. Graham left, and it was the last time her friends saw her.

Longo said Graham is not thought to have taken any drugs, but he said the alcohol might have impaired her judgment and left her vulnerable.

Graham’s mother, brother and friends realized on Sunday that they had not heard from Graham during the weekend — which was unusual — and they contacted police Sunday evening. Police said that Graham’s last communication with friends was a series of text messages after 1 a.m. Saturday. One text indicated that Graham was lost and in unfamiliar surroundings."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1d605a-3e9a-11e4-b0ea-8141703bbf6f_story.html

____

They do not name the friend. But it sounds like it was a friend from the group she went out to dinner with earlier, and had planned to meet up with again. I was under the impression that when she left her male friend at the house party, she was supposed to be heading west to meet up with the group of friends from dinner but instead traveled east.

A little off topic but this was a tweet I found to greta...
@gretawire If you have your facts wrong how do U think local police & other helpers can obtain correct info 2 aid the missing #HannahGraham
...so yeah you're probably right. I'm not familiar with her.

Greta is getting hammered on Twitter for what folks are saying is misinformation...

A thought just crossed my mind. Could she have approached this unknown male to buy her more beer. She was only 18 she couldn't get anymore.
I thought sales ended at midnight for stores. Bars go later - 2:00am? But I haven't been to VA in a few years so perhaps a local can confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back