VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am so confused by the two downtown mall surveillance vids. in the first one i see hannah and WG in the background, but i also see a white-shorted, seemingly BG walk left to right in the foreground
then in #2, i see WG following HG who seems to be with white shorts BG.
but BG seems to have dreds, which doesn't match the description of the POI?

yup, you got it right..no it doesn't match the POI

I just don't think her outfit is strange... crop tops are super trendy right now for college girls.

Also, the other photos we have seen of her appear to be during the day time. I haven't seen any other pictures of her from a bar or at parties, so I don't think we necessarily know how she usually dresses for a night out drinking.

Most of her body is covered. It's just some of her stomach that is showing. I don't think this was for a themed party, as I think this outfit is what she wore to dinner and drinks with friends earlier as well and it just seems like a normal night out 2014 college-girl outfit to me.

Agree. It's not like how my friends and I dressed in college, but that was 20 years ago. And, like you said, crop tops are very in style now, asmuchasihatethatbecauseicouldneverwearoneaftertwocsections.

I'm friends with some college kids on FB (kids of my grown up friends) and they definitely dress very differently now.

I'm from NC. I dated a guy from UVA. Every time at last call in VA (1:30) I'd say "Whyyyy aren't we in NC?!" We always had to be out by 2 there. In NC last call is 1:45 no drinks after 2. Out by 3.

Nice..I spend a lot of time in NYC also and it's definitely nicer to be able to hang til 4AM+

Hi, local here & recent grad of UVA (so recent that Hannah & I have mutual friends on FB, which is disconcerting but another matter altogether).

Anyway, as someone who has (admittedly pretty foolishly) taken basically the same late night walk as Hannah has very recently from a party in the UVA-students part of 14th st through "shady Grady", down Preston Ave, and through the downtown mall to my place near there, it seems to me like Hannah kinda knew where she was going, or at the very least wasn't completely lost unless she was blackout drunk (I was decently inebriated on my recent very similar walk yet still could find my way), or she never went that way before and with amazing luck ended up on the straightest walking route from the end of 14th st (where it turns into Madison ave) to the downtown walking mall. The former is, I think, a slim chance considering how functional she seems on video. The latter is a very slim chance considering a) she's on the ski team, and b) somebody from the UVA ski team posted elsewhere in an online discussion about this & specifically that the ski team sometimes went to McGradys/that general shopping area to get away from the UVA " Corner " and all its hectic undergrad shenanigans - so chances are good that she's been there before.

So, I think she more or less had some idea of where she was, and I'd venture to say that the chance of her not recognizing the downtown mall (which is essentially the chance of her never having been there before) is basically nonexistent. Every first year, unless they're a complete shut-in, has been to the downtown mall, and knows what it is, what it looks like, etc. There's nothing else like it in Charlottesville, it's iconic, and the layout is so simple.

Long story short, considering the time stamp of 1:08 am on the last video she's seen in on the downtown mall, there is NO way she could've been anywhere in the vicinity of 14th and wertland, like her last text at 1:20 said, just 12 minutes later. That would only be possible if she immediately (and I mean by 1:10 or 1:15 at the latest) got into a car that started moving right away and hit all the green lights on its way down main street toward UVA. She was either incredibly out of it (which I don't think she was) when she wrote that text, or she wasn't the author of that text, or maybe the PD is right and her auto-correct messed it up... but that would be a pretty big messup that I also find unlikely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6TiYGT0mXE&feature=youtu.be

Watch this (skip to the video and forget the guy's dialogue....) at the 4:44 mark Hannah had just walked by and out of no where what appears to be a large frame male suddenly appears behind her? This was at the pub????? let me know your thoughts!!

Looks to me like he comes out of a door -- is that the main restaurant?

I'm not sure he's really that big -- he's very close to the camera and that makes him look much larger.

Any thoughts on the timeline this afternoon - police release description of POI and almost instantaneously release news of large reward?

It's killing me! What else do they know?? They have to have so much more info. This is way more info than was released at this time in many similar cases: Morgan, Lauren...

I think "sketch" is a red herring. It should not have been hard for police to link a single black guy to a rural, remote area (Anchorage Farm), especially when law enforcement said the killer "had to be familiar" with the area. I've never liked "sketch" for the Harrington murder.

It is quite telling that as police were about to expand the search for Harrington outside city limits, her Pantera t-shirt ends up draped across a bush in town. This tells me that someone with inside info about the case placed the t-shirt to throw off said search.

If the sketch of the black dude with Hannah looks anything like the sketch of the suspect in Morgan Harrington's case, well....Katy bar the door! The media will be all over this like a chicken on a june bug.

I think LE has to have a fair amount of faith in the man's description and truthfulness, to issue it. I hope they would not have people looking for a black man if they know there is no such person. Jmo

I would hope so, especially since people seem on edge with the idea that this might be the work of the same person who killed Morgan. Releasing a description that could fit him seems like a good way to start a panic.

Sketch is the suspect in the Morgan Harrington case, which many believe may be tied to this one.

Dreadlocks has been cleared - the POI has a shaved head.

nobody has been cleared....at least not officially from LE

I think they think it's him, but until they have a better description and a DNA match, they aren't going to say it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6TiYGT0mXE&feature=youtu.be

Watch this (skip to the video and forget the guy's dialogue....) at the 4:44 mark Hannah had just walked by and out of no where what appears to be a large frame male suddenly appears behind her? This was at the pub????? let me know your thoughts!!

The doctor locator ad in the middle was a nice touch...
But in all seriousness, I find all three of the videos to be super-disturbing. The more I think about it, the less I would say that there is anything normal about her behavior. It definitely seems like something is wrong to me.

That said, I didn't notice anyone really following her here. It looked like general outside-the-college bar activity. One or two people pacing around, maybe a bouncer or doorman, or someone out for a smoke.

This is the full mcgrady video they showed at the press conference. Two people appear to talk to her. They are crossing the street and she is crossing a perpendicular street . I have been searching for this ** since the press conference!! About the 3:29 mark

http://youtu.be/nASu-u8gHFI

It's just a punch in the gut, after all the videos were released, to realize that the "person of interest" is someone NOT on video at all.

OR just video not being released.

burningcan_be6h84b2.gif

Where is Hannah Elizabeth Graham!?!?!?

:candle:

Hi, local here & recent grad of UVA (so recent that Hannah & I have mutual friends on FB, which is disconcerting but another matter altogether).

Anyway, as someone who has (admittedly pretty foolishly) taken basically the same late night walk as Hannah has very recently from a party in the UVA-students part of 14th st through "shady Grady", down Preston Ave, and through the downtown mall to my place near there, it seems to me like Hannah kinda knew where she was going, or at the very least wasn't completely lost unless she was blackout drunk (I was decently inebriated on my recent very similar walk yet still could find my way), or she never went that way before and with amazing luck ended up on the straightest walking route from the end of 14th st (where it turns into Madison ave) to the downtown walking mall. The former is, I think, a slim chance considering how functional she seems on video. The latter is a very slim chance considering a) she's on the ski team, and b) somebody from the UVA ski team posted elsewhere in an online discussion about this & specifically that the ski team sometimes went to McGradys/that general shopping area to get away from the UVA " Corner " and all its hectic undergrad shenanigans - so chances are good that she's been there before.

So, I think she more or less had some idea of where she was, and I'd venture to say that the chance of her not recognizing the downtown mall (which is essentially the chance of her never having been there before) is basically nonexistent. Every first year, unless they're a complete shut-in, has been to the downtown mall, and knows what it is, what it looks like, etc. There's nothing else like it in Charlottesville, it's iconic, and the layout is so simple.

Long story short, considering the time stamp of 1:08 am on the last video she's seen in on the downtown mall, there is NO way she could've been anywhere in the vicinity of 14th and wertland, like her last text at 1:20 said, just 12 minutes later. That would only be possible if she immediately (and I mean by 1:10 or 1:15 at the latest) got into a car that started moving right away and hit all the green lights on its way down main street toward UVA. She was either incredibly out of it (which I don't think she was) when she wrote that text, or she wasn't the author of that text, or maybe the PD is right and her auto-correct messed it up... but that would be a pretty big messup that I also find unlikely.

Welcome:welcome4: and thanks for that informative post

This POI sounds a lot bigger than "medium build" as the MH suspect is described. Of course he could have gained weight but like eighty pounds?

This is the full mcgrady video they showed at the press conference. Two people appear to talk to her. They are crossing the street and she is crossing a perpendicular street . I have been searching for this ** since the press conference!! About the 3:29 mark

http://youtu.be/nASu-u8gHFI
replying to my own post, but these are two people who can possibly help describe her demeanor. Jmo

Also, just for reference, it takes me 6-10 min to walk from one end of the downtown walking mall to the other end at a normal (which is admittedly somewhat fast) walking speed, and my legs are not as long as Hannah's. What I find confusing is all this talk of different people intercepting her path, following her, etc on the downtown mall when it's literally a 10 min (most likely shorter) walk at her apparent speed. It's suspicious to me that all this could happen in the span of a few minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks