VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This POI sounds a lot bigger than "medium build" as the MH suspect is described. Of course he could have gained weight but like eighty pounds?

Considering the description of Morgan Harrington POI came from a 2005 attack, it's been 9 years. So, yeah, could be.

Hey since they're asking for volunteers to help search on Saturday, would anyone be interested in doing a websleuths meetup to help search?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

replying to my own post, but these are two people who can possibly help describe her demeanor. Jmo

The Chief was on NG tonight. He said she interacted with the guy at the door of the bar and she was denied admittance.

I would hope so, especially since people seem on edge with the idea that this might be the work of the same person who killed Morgan. Releasing a description that could fit him seems like a good way to start a panic.
Or they're trying to lead him to believe that they believe him...maybe they're investigating him further. Hoping he slips up??

Will someone with better skills and equipment please tell me that the group of guys at McGrady's are not the same guys behind her on the mall? Pretty please?

The Chief was on NG tonight. He said she interacted with the guy at the door of the bar and she was denied admittance.

Denied admittance...another similarity to the MH case. :(
I just can't get over the feeling that there's a connection between the two cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the full mcgrady video they showed at the press conference. Two people appear to talk to her. They are crossing the street and she is crossing a perpendicular street . I have been searching for this ** since the press conference!! About the 3:29 mark

http://youtu.be/nASu-u8gHFI
best compilation i've seen yet!

THANKS

I don't think WG is a cop or mall security. He might however be one of those middle aged rent-a-cop/volunteer firefighter type guys that like to keep an eye on things.

I think he has a sister or an adult daughter who goes out and drinks, which caused an elevated level of anxiety about the overall picture he was seeing. I guess most people see a creep or a misogynist. I see a dad or a brother.

The more I consecutively watch the videos, the more sure I am personally that something was off with Hannah that night. I truly believe she was under the influence of something very strange and atypical for her.

Where does she go at the Pub when she comes around the top, veers off screen for 1-2 minutes to the left, then returns to view? What's over there?

Also curious about her appearing to hold her back. People have mentioned checking her phone in her pocket. Could also be that she had taken a fall at some point and was sore?

Hi, local here & recent grad of UVA (so recent that Hannah & I have mutual friends on FB, which is disconcerting but another matter altogether).

Anyway, as someone who has (admittedly pretty foolishly) taken basically the same late night walk as Hannah has very recently from a party in the UVA-students part of 14th st through "shady Grady", down Preston Ave, and through the downtown mall to my place near there, it seems to me like Hannah kinda knew where she was going, or at the very least wasn't completely lost unless she was blackout drunk (I was decently inebriated on my recent very similar walk yet still could find my way), or she never went that way before and with amazing luck ended up on the straightest walking route from the end of 14th st (where it turns into Madison ave) to the downtown walking mall. The former is, I think, a slim chance considering how functional she seems on video. The latter is a very slim chance considering a) she's on the ski team, and b) somebody from the UVA ski team posted elsewhere in an online discussion about this & specifically that the ski team sometimes went to McGradys/that general shopping area to get away from the UVA " Corner " and all its hectic undergrad shenanigans - so chances are good that she's been there before.

So, I think she more or less had some idea of where she was, and I'd venture to say that the chance of her not recognizing the downtown mall (which is essentially the chance of her never having been there before) is basically nonexistent. Every first year, unless they're a complete shut-in, has been to the downtown mall, and knows what it is, what it looks like, etc. There's nothing else like it in Charlottesville, it's iconic, and the layout is so simple.

Long story short, considering the time stamp of 1:08 am on the last video she's seen in on the downtown mall, there is NO way she could've been anywhere in the vicinity of 14th and wertland, like her last text at 1:20 said, just 12 minutes later. That would only be possible if she immediately (and I mean by 1:10 or 1:15 at the latest) got into a car that started moving right away and hit all the green lights on its way down main street toward UVA. She was either incredibly out of it (which I don't think she was) when she wrote that text, or she wasn't the author of that text, or maybe the PD is right and her auto-correct messed it up... but that would be a pretty big messup that I also find unlikely.

BBM Well that is very important information and LE surely is very aware of it. I always seem to forget that just because there is a text from a phone, it doesn't mean the owner is the one who wrote it. Very possible her abductor tried to make it look like she just got lost.

I think he has a sister or an adult daughter who goes out and drinks, which caused an elevated level of anxiety about the overall picture he was seeing. I guess most people see a creep or a misogynist. I see a dad or a brother.

I can see a dad, too.....but his description of the black male does not match what we're seeing on the screen, so it just doesn't all make sense.

"Longo said Graham had been drinking alcohol with her friends on Friday night. They ate dinner together and made plans to meet up again later. Graham left, and it was the last time her friends saw her.

Longo said Graham is not thought to have taken any drugs, but he said the alcohol might have impaired her judgment and left her vulnerable.

Graham’s mother, brother and friends realized on Sunday that they had not heard from Graham during the weekend — which was unusual — and they contacted police Sunday evening. Police said that Graham’s last communication with friends was a series of text messages after 1 a.m. Saturday. One text indicated that Graham was lost and in unfamiliar surroundings."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1d605a-3e9a-11e4-b0ea-8141703bbf6f_story.html

____

They do not name the friend. But it sounds like it was a friend from the group she went out to dinner with earlier, and had planned to meet up with again. I was under the impression that when she left her male friend at the house party, she was supposed to be heading west to meet up with the group of friends from dinner but instead traveled east.

can you say more about the party and the male friend? I missed the beginning of this case. what was the social/personal situation?

Agree. It's not like how my friends and I dressed in college, but that was 20 years ago. And, like you said, crop tops are very in style now, asmuchasihatethatbecauseicouldneverwearoneaftertwocsections.

I'm friends with some college kids on FB (kids of my grown up friends) and they definitely dress very differently now.

Girls in the 1970s wore crop tops. Some even wore tbem to scbool.

This is the full mcgrady video they showed at the press conference. Two people appear to talk to her. They are crossing the street and she is crossing a perpendicular street . I have been searching for this ** since the press conference!! About the 3:29 mark

http://youtu.be/nASu-u8gHFI

I wonder where she goes when she steps out of the McGrady video and then comes back into frame a while later??

The more I consecutively watch the videos, the more sure I am personally that something was off with Hannah that night. I truly believe she was under the influence of something very strange and atypical for her.

Where does she go at the Pub when she comes around the top, veers off screen for 1-2 minutes to the left, then returns to view? What's over there?

Also curious about her appearing to hold her back. People have mentioned checking her phone in her pocket. Could also be that she had taken a fall at some point and was sore?
The holding her back was odd. I was wondering about that also.

You would think WG would have saw Hannah with the dreadlock guy. It's interesting to me that dreadlock guy isn't mentioned at all.

this is a very good point!

I wonder if he did... And LE chose not to report it?

or...???

:waitasec:

Here ya go:

http://youtu.be/E6TiYGT0mXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie