VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought,couldn't the dreads guy type the location into her. phone and send text messages to her friends,too lead them away from true location.If she was that messed up,would she be able to send readable texts?

Police did say at initial presser that her text messages throughout the night seemed "normal". IDK what that means, but she was sending texts prior to being with BG.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...-hannah-elizabeth-graham-reported-107232.html

"She sent several texts, including the one indicating she was lost, but Longo said he "didn't get the sense there was fear" in any of the messages."

With all the video coverage of Hannah there should be video of the POI. I would imagine the LE has the video and looking yo see where POI was throughout the city

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With all the video coverage of Hannah there should be video of the POI. I would imagine the LE has the video and looking yo see where POI was throughout the city

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do they have traffic cameras in Charlottesville?

So I'm just learning this about him being a cab driver previously? Was he a cabbie in 2009? That is his picture previously posted on the this thread? When I saw that picture, my jaw dropped. That is a very close resemblance to the sketch of the suspect from the Morgan Harrington case. Also, he was a cabbie during the time of MH's disappearance, it really seems to fit to what happened. Morgan told friends she would get a ride. Could she have possibly tried to get a cab ride all the way home?

So I'm just learning this about him being a cab driver previously? Was he a cabbie in 2009? That is his picture previously posted on the this thread? When I saw that picture, my jaw dropped. That is a very close resemblance to the sketch of the suspect from the Morgan Harrington case. Also, he was a cabbie during the time of MH's disappearance, it really seems to fit to what happened. Morgan told friends she would get a ride. Could she have possibly tried to get a cab ride all the way home?

The thing is, we don't think she had any cash, right? Her backpack/purse wasn't seen on her by drivers on the bridge (although admittedly it was black and wouldn't stick out on her side like a regular purse)... and was found in the parking lot near JPJA. I think she was hitchhiking because she had no money to pay a cab.

I've always thought that there was someone that worked with Randy Allen Taylor to abduct the women. I felt like when he was not charged with the Samantha Clarke that he was a part of her disappearance just not entirely responsible. And the fact that he stated someone else was responsible for Alexis' death but that he wouldn't reveal who, confirmed this idea. Makes you wonder. :thinking:

I am aware of (and agree with) all of that information, with the exception of the statement about Samantha. I do not know who she is.

However, from the moment I saw the surveillance videos for this case, my hinky meter told me the current POI is sinister.

Today, after reading several articles with quotes from Randy Allen Taylor, my instincts are telling me that our POI for this case is responsible for Alexis Murphy's disappearance and Morgan Harrington's death, too. Too many coincidences exist.

In my opinion, the sketch for Morgan Harrington's killer looks like the picture for our POI.

Our POI has dreads.

Randy Allen Taylor said that Alexis Murphy was with a man with cornrows.

It is not enough to make the POI a suspect, but it is enough for my hinky meter to go off.

The legal definition according to http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=671

evidence

n. every type of proof legally presented at trial (allowed by the judge) which is intended to convince the judge and/or jury of alleged facts material to the case

In the event of a trial, Hannah Graham's unusual disappearance WOULD BE one fact, one type of proof, legally presented.

If that is the only evidence, then the case will never make it to trial.

If there is any additional evidence (fibers from her clothing, a fingernail, etc.), then yes, along with those things, the prosecutor would also present that Hannah Graham is missing.

respectfully snipped by me.

Oh, how horrific :(. I have a daughter. I just can't imagine your pain and I send you thoughts and wishes for peace that passes all understanding.

So sorry basilcat :( prayers of healing and peace for you and your family!

Either she drove off with someone else then, or she walked a route with no cameras before she met up with either a deadly accident or the person who caused her disappearance.

We don't know for sure that if she walked elsewhere that there were no other cameras. I doubt that every single possibility has been exhausted. It took a while and an eye-witness tip for LE to look at the Mall.

But in any case, the police WERE looking at bank footage and other footage around the mall. I would assume they were also looking at parking garage footage and other footage around where they think he may have parked. I really wish we knew what they had turned up.

My thoughts:

For whatever reason, I think that JM is telling the truth, he bought her a drink at tempo, and maybe they went their separate ways.
The police have had his car, and searched his apartment nearly 36 hours ago. They still don't have enough to arrest him
We know that there was something strange going on near her apartment (the two sexual assaults)
To me, Occum's Razor would say that she walked back towards home and possibly ran across whoever was on Wertland (sp?) causing such a ruckus that evening. Some girl had already been beaten and left for dead, it's at least plausible that Graham's disappearance could be related to whatever was going on in that area that evening.
If JM is telling the truth, we have to assume that she went back towards home at some point, which would have put her in the path of the disturbances on Wertland (sp).

Again, just my thoughts on the matter.

Based on the evidence we've seen so far, I think alcohol poisoning or an alcohol-induced accidental death are more likely than murder. We've seen a number of cases in the Boston area recently where a missing student was found dead either in a body of water or of hypothermia or of suicide. In one case they had to search the reservoir three times before they found him even though they had reason to believe that's where he was. In a case like this where she was known to be on the move, the area she could have reached is so much wider that even if she is lying out there somewhere it might take a long time to find her.

I'm not saying that's necessarily what happened, or that I'm ruling out other options. There are some suspicious circumstances for sure. I'm not going to be surprised however it turns out.

Definitely something to consider. Although, wasn't she seen on video at 1:06AM at the mall.. prior to entering Tempo w/BG. And supposedly they were in Tempo for 15 minutes? That would mean that the text may have even been sent while in Tempo. Then again... maybe "15 minutes" was a guesstimate since we aren't aware they have video footage of the two in Tempo. Perhaps she could have been in that area by 1:20 if she was driven there.

It could be that at the time of the last text she was in a vehicle and starting to get bad vibes about whoever was with her so wanted someone to know what area she was in at that time.

Regarding the texts, as far as I know, they have never been released. Until we see the full texts, in context with the other texts, we don't really know what they said. I can't even tell when the last text was sent -- 1:06 or 1:20? I have seen both.

The most extensive summary of the texts that I have seen is in this WP article:

"Police detective James Mooney said that in her text messages to friends, Graham indicated that she was lost and disoriented, at one point saying she was on Main Street when she actually was on Preston Avenue.

Graham also indicated that she believed she was walking back toward her home when she was actually headed the opposite way, authorities said. She also texted friends asking for someone to come find her after she realized she was lost. She last texted friends at 1:06 a.m., about the time that the man in dreadlocks encountered her.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

Until we see the actual texts, when they were sent, who they were sent to, in context, I don't think we can really attempt to understand them.

The thing is, we don't think she had any cash, right? Her backpack/purse wasn't seen on her by drivers on the bridge (although admittedly it was black and wouldn't stick out on her side like a regular purse)... and was found in the parking lot near JPJA. I think she was hitchhiking because she had no money to pay a cab.

Well, if a cabbie was planning on doing something bad to her, he probably would not be so worried about payment, and would likely be off the clock anyway.

Coy Barefoot, a reporter/UVA teacher, says the following:
Coy Barefoot @coybarefoot · 4h
PLEASE call the tipline right now. 434-295-3851. someone knows something.
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 1 time1 FavoriteFavorited 1 time1
More
working frantically on this story as we speak. meanwhile, if anyone knows anything that can help the police find Hannah (cont'd)
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 0 times FavoriteFavorited 1 time1
More
there is so much that has yet to be published about this. please know that. police investigators and investigative journalists are (cont'd)

so it sounds like stuf is happening and info will follow. Patience. Faith. Prayers

https://twitter.com/coybarefoot

Anyone find out if the POI lived in the Fairfax, VA area in 2005? He would have been only 23 years old then and doesn't look like the aged man of 30+ in the sketch from the rape back then.

I don't know if the description changed in a more recent press conference, but two days ago WG was referred to as a "cooperative witness for now" per LE:

'Person of Interest' Sought in Disappearance of University of Virginia Student Hannah Graham
Sep 18, 2014, 5:30 PM ET
"The man [WG] called into the police tip line hours before the surveillance footage that showed him following Graham was released. He went to the police station at 10:15 p.m. Wednesday night.'Right now we're seeing him as a cooperative witness,' Capt. Gary Pleasants told ABC News referring to the man seen on the video. 'He told police that he was following Ms. Graham as she looked to be somewhat physically distressed and he wanted to make sure she got safely to wherever she was going,' police said in a statement."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-university-virginia-student-hannah-graham-man/story?id=25592387

This is an interesting statement, isn't it ("Right now, we're seeing him as a cooperative witness"). I have read and re-read it, giving different emphasis to certain words. I am seeing that LE, is establishing a qualifier. The qualifier, is/are the words, 'right now'. As in, for the time being.... but that status could change. They have chosen to identify WG with the 'cooperative' descriptor/adjective. Not simply a 'witness', but 'cooperative witness'. Possibly suggesting, that LE is rather cautious, in describing this guy. Wondering if they putting a bit of passive pressure on WG, by using this description.

I think Dreads did tell police he bought her a drink but did not have her in his car and she went her own way. In the press conference it seemed like Longo was looking for eye witnesses to hopefully come forward and verify if this guy is telling the truth or not.

If they find any trace of her in his car, then that proves he's lying about them going their separate ways.

It appears that she went willingly, and that is not abduction.

At some point it likely (based on Hannah's disappearance and assuming she didn't succumb to injuries from an accident, alcohol poisoning or encountering a different perpetrator) became nonconsensual. At that moment, despite the fact that she voluntarily accompanied him (whoever s/he may turn out to be) initially, it became an abduction and/or false imprisonment. Additionally, if s/he told Hannah s/he would give her a a ride home or get her home safely, and s/he didn't, that would be fraud on his/her part, and grounds to claim abduction.

If Dreads works at UVA medical center then he works in the neighborhood where Hannah lives

Untitled.png

If they find any trace of her in his car, then that proves he's lying about them going their separate ways.

Except he didn't say it to "them." His grandmother is the only one who has said this. If we can even believe that news source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member