VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coy Barefoot, a reporter/UVA teacher, says the following:
Coy Barefoot @coybarefoot · 4h
PLEASE call the tipline right now. 434-295-3851. someone knows something.
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 1 time1 FavoriteFavorited 1 time1
More
working frantically on this story as we speak. meanwhile, if anyone knows anything that can help the police find Hannah (cont'd)
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 0 times FavoriteFavorited 1 time1
More
there is so much that has yet to be published about this. please know that. police investigators and investigative journalists are (cont'd)

so it sounds like stuf is happening and info will follow. Patience. Faith. Prayers

https://twitter.com/coybarefoot

Help me out here. I don't have a twitter account. When the post says cont'd I don't get anything further. Must I have a twitter account?

Thank yo so much for your thoughts and prayers, and for all that have expressed the same...

Please know that I did not bring up our case to garner any sympathy or attention... Our darling girl was murdered seven years ago..her killers are in jail...for now...
we feel her in the breeze, the beuAty of a sunset, the laughter of little children...we cannot change what has happened...she lives forever in our hearts now... A rosebud that remains full of promise and beauty forever...we miss her EVERY day...always...
In this case I am just disheartened by the number of posts written that claim they don't think that this POI is guilty because he doesn't " seem like the type" etc...
He may very well be innocent...but don't judge culpability based on how he projects himself in public...
Some serial killers are very affable outwardly...
I don't know if he is a killer or not...but circumstances , from my humble opinion, may prove otherwise...

Prayers of strength to Hannah's family, friends and all of us here at Webslouths who genuinely care....

JM works as patient transport which may been he works driving patients, not moving patients around in a hospital. My husband worked patient transport as an undergrad driving an ambulance. It wasn't an ambulance for emergencies with paramedics, but rather for picking up people from their homes to bring them to the hospital for routine visits. Usually it was invalid people or elderly people who had regularly occurring appointments but who couldn't get to the hospital without help.

If this is what JM did as a job, he knows every nook and cranny of that town and surrounding countryside. My husband sometimes had patients who lived more than an hour outside the city. And, the job can be very boring with slow times where you find hidden places to chill out. And, if JM was also a cab driver (which may be the experience that got him the patient transport job), then he certainly knows all the neighborhoods and routes. And, it would make him very comfortable offering her a ride home or to the next party.

I'm waiting to see what is released next, but I'm willing to believe he dropped her off near her apartment and left.

Or, perhaps they couldn't find the party (reference her text) and he suggested he knew another party (true or not) and took her there....and then she was gone whether by his hands or another's.

JMO.

ETA!! By knowing all the hidden spots, my point is that he would know where to hide her.

When he is saying "cont'd" he means there is a following tweet that will continue on from that one. The tweets are supposed to be one continuous thought/message. All that you see is all that he tweeted:thinking:

View attachment 59473

It is? Which Tempo are we talking about? Is there a different one?

The map is interesting...If HG actually did list her "lost" location at 4th & Wertland...she was near 4th and Water St. As LE noted, phones do crazy things when texting--maybe when she hit "w" for Water, it autofilled with Wertland (since she lived so close it may have been a familiar word in her phone).

CORRECTION: Lost text supposedly said 14th, not 4th!

The map is interesting...If HG actually did list her "lost" location at 4th & Wertland...she was near 4th and Water St. As LE noted, phones do crazy things when texting--maybe when she hit "w" for Water, it autofilled with Wertland (since she lived so close it may have been a familiar word in her phone).

Now that is an interesting possibility.

It is not easy for LE to rule someone out completely when the case is unsolved, unless they are on video elsewhere.

Maybe it was an imprecise choice of words, though? I mean, when I heard him say it aloud, what I took from it was "right now, as compared with earlier, when we were releasing video of him highlighted and implying that he had harmed her..."

That's helpful, Skigirl. I think you have pointed out that I have a slight bias, toward attaching a 'foreword moving timeline' - to his words. Whereas, you astutely interpreted this descriptor, as a comparison of how he 'appeared' in previous days or discussions vs. the present time. I will need to watch that more carefully.

OT I do,not have a smart phone (which do not sound all that smart to me) but can the auto correct be turned off? It seems to make ridiculous mistakes, not even close. I have mine off on my ipad due t this. I don't know why anyone would use it.

Good thought, but it was 14th and Wertland on the text, right?

ETA... very strange coincidence, though.

I'm off for the evening. For some strange reason, Mr. Carbuff seems to think our anniversary dinner is more important...

:D

Right. I'm just saying I don't think Morgan was looking for a cab, and probably only would have gotten in one if the cabbie had offered the ride for free.

If the guy was looking for a target, he certainly would have taken her for free. If he saw a girl with a thumb up, he would be thinking 'jackpot'. In addition, if it was raining and Morgan was desperate for shelter, she would have said something like 'I can pay you when I get home.' Just because you don't have money on your person, doesn't mean you can't pay when you get somewhere where you have money. I read somewhere that her parents said she always came by on Sundays and since the Metallica concert was on a Saturday night, she may have just been like 'the hell with it, I'm going home and I'll stay at my parents tonight. They can pay for my cab ride when I get there.' Many kids from well-to-do families think like that because their parents will always pay for anything that ensures their safety.

Evie Ivy Over... she listed the location as in the area of 14th and Wertlend, (you said 4th). Although I think your theory still stands, especially since she was intoxicated. Between drunk typos and her phone's auto-correct probably being more familiar with the phrase "14th and Wertlend", it would make sense.

and it could simply be because he was the last person seen with hannah, as far as they know. doesn't mean that a crime was committed beyond a reasonable doubt.
i'm just sticking to the facts, here and being technical. it seems likely hannah was abducted, but we're still only speculating at this point.
just trying to catch up here but the obvious turning point in this"case" will be either physical evidence in the POI's car or eyewitnesses who put HG in his car.

If the guy was looking for a target, he certainly would have taken her for free. If he saw a girl with a thumb up, he would be thinking 'jackpot'. In addition, if it was raining and Morgan was desperate for shelter, she would have said something like 'I can pay you when I get home.' Just because you don't have money on your person, doesn't mean you can't pay when you get somewhere where you have money. I read somewhere that her parents said she always came by on Sundays and since the Metallica concert was on a Saturday night, she may have just been like 'the hell with it, I'm going home and I'll stay at my parents tonight. They can pay for my cab ride when I get there.' Many kids from well-to-do families think like that because their parents will always pay for anything that ensures their safety.

Certainly. I wasn't implying he wouldn't. I was just stating I do not feel Morgan was specifically looking for a cab. Is it possible she got in one? Yeah..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.