VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also. I am just as suspicious of WG. However, they would not say JM is a POI if he is not truly a POI. They just can't administer a search warrant for show.

I clipped for relevant bit: I didn't mean everything was for show, but that there may be behind the scenes motives to how LE is conducting their information to the public so as to give certain parties either lots of pressure to encourage stupid actions, or possibly have WG think their eyes are ONLY trained on JM to give false sense of security. I'm so creeped by their tag team following that I'm still not convinced they're not in it together.

Agreed.

First...looking back to my experiences in college and those of my own grown children -- my roommates weren't the people who I hung out with, so there is a really good chance that her roommates never knew of the "I'm lost" texts. For them not to be concerned about her whereabouts until they heard from her parents isn't that strange to me.

Second...it was not all that uncommon for us to pass like ships in the night. I had one roommate who was a morning person and another who rarely rolled out of bed before noon -- and for us not to see one of them for a day at a time wasn't that rare. One might be sleeping over at a boyfriend's, away for a weekend with friends, have "hooked up" with some guy, been too drunk to drive home and crashed on a friend's sofa, etc. They are roommates, not chaperones, parents, or guardians. There is no requirement or expectation to check in with them and to tell them your whereabouts.

If someone wasn't around, you might say, "Wasn't she going to..." or "I think this might be the weekend that she..." and we didn't know. We were just guessing.

Maybe that's just me, though, because I grew up in another era. However, I didn't talk to my parents every day when I was in college...and neither did my kids call me every day. Nor did any of my friends. Again, that was a different time and I know that parents today text their kids constantly (even while their kids are in class in HS and MS, believe it or not!)

I think her friends are receiving too much of the blame, assuming they had nothing to do with any part of an abduction or murder.

Perhaps what some are reading as victim blaming or shaming isn't meant to be blaming or shaming but simple intellectual curiosity and grabbing at every possible angle so as to try and hopefully come up with some kind of theory that could lead to the truth... And also just as commentary not on specifically HG or her friends but the cyber-age we live in where people tend to be more engrossed in taking their selfies than what's actually going on around them.

What HG did is extremely relevant. She's the missing person.

What is not relevant are things like whether someone thought her outfit was appropriate or if she drank too much. Over and over. (modsnip)

It makes me kind of sad just how much I've seen Hannah being judged this entire time. Now that I've seen people going through her twitter...there's a lot of sarcasm/joking on social media that can be taken the wrong way.. I don't know. I am 23 and I know that the majority of people I know that went away to college spent their years acting just the same as she has (underage drinking, etc.). I feel bad that if she is found she will come back to judgement from people that don't even know her, and if she is already gone (praying this isn't so) some people will have tarnished her memory by questioning her character. :/

This is my first post here, just something that's been on my mind as I've been reading about her this week.
I want to be very clear that anything I posted is simply to get at the truth, which to me is how she will be found.

Her experience with alcohol is obvious from her tweets, but that isn't to blame her as a victim! It is simply to support that she is more experienced and worldly (and intelligent) than most 18 year olds.

She has been unfairly headlined (mostly by the Daily Mail) and characterized as stumbling drunk and disoriented, vomiting, etc. I am merely saying the opposite, she was not so drunk, and her movements were not out of disorientation. They were deliberate. Her walking (and running) were deliberate and directional.

Keep in mind, from leaving the party to the last video, she was not observed drinking anything at all for almost an hour and a half!

This from HG's twitter account Sept 1st.

Hannah @hegraham25 · Sep 1
Omg I swear over-eager kid from my discussion is following me #help

A few things:
The biggest reason they can't arrest anyone yet is because there is no concrete evidence that HG has been harmed. Imo.

Also. I am just as suspicious of WG. However, they would not say JM is a POI if he is not truly a POI. They just can't adminster a search warrant for show.

But...perhaps they haven't ruled out WG, either.

I believe the warrent on his apartment was for his clothing. So we probably can rule out any blood, as that would give them a reason to hold him. They have no reason to provide him with false security at this time as it provides him time to dispose of evidence if there was any.

However it does seem like they knew of POI dread guy somehow ,as he is known to LE so is it possible he has been talked to prior to Hannah vanishing? As a witness in another case or possible a tip called in prior to this and he happened to pop up again much the same way RAT seem to come out of nowhere ,when LE knew about him ?

I want to be very clear that anything I posted is simply to get at the truth, which to me is how she will be found.

Her experience with alcohol is obvious from her tweets, but that isn't to blame her as a victim! It is simply to support that she is more experienced and worldly (and intelligent) than most 18 year olds.

She has been unfairly headlined (mostly by the Daily Mail) and characterized as stumbling drunk and disoriented, vomiting, etc. I am merely saying the opposite, she was not so drunk, and her movements were not out of disorientation. They were deliberate. Her walking (and running) were deliberate and directional.

Keep in mind, from leaving the party to the last video, she was not observed drinking anything at all for almost an hour and a half!

I was just going to post that after reading her tweets, Thank you

I've wondered a bit why people think her behavior is so erratic and that she is distressed. Yes I see the stumble, and she does appear to be somewhat intoxicated. However no video is very clear and while i certainly think it's possible she was distressed, nothing on the video makes me think she was or was not. The video only shows me a bit of tipsy awkwardness, and randomness.

I believe the warrent on his apartment was for his clothing. So we probably can rule out any blood, as that would give them a reason to hold him. They have no reason to provide him with false security at this time as it provides him time to dispose of evidence if there was any.

However it does seem like they knew of POI dread guy somehow ,as he is known to LE so is it possible he has been talked to prior to Hannah vanishing? As a witness in another case or possible a tip called in prior to this and he happened to pop up again much the same way RAT seem to come out of nowhere ,when LE knew about him ?

Well RT was pretty much a lifelong criminal, did prison time, didn't he? Whereas JM seems to avoid paying
traffic tickets mostly.

Also,he had a week to clean or dispose of clothes. But we have seen plenty of dumb criminal, fortunately. Maybe by Monday, they will,have results back if any signs of blood or body fluids were found. Hair would not be such a big deal, as we know he embraced her.

"WG" was a cop or CI. I can almost guarantee it. It's quite clear where LE is headed with this case, and for good reason. They're not going to "trick" WG by naming - QUITE CLEARLY AND PUBLICLY- another POI. That's all kinds of reasonable doubt, and WG's defense attorney would eat that for breakfast if they did that. This isn't Law and Order or Suits. There is no 'twist' or 'game' here. Fact is, the evidence and circumstances lead to dreads and no one else. Utterly baffles me that some folks can still cling to the idea that WG is involved. Just. Baffled. IMO.

I've wondered a bit why people think her behavior is so erratic and that she is distressed. Yes I see the stumble, and she does appear to be somewhat intoxicated. However no video is very clear and while i certainly think it's possible she was distressed, nothing on the video makes me think she was or was not. The video only shows me a bit of tipsy awkwardness, and randomness.

The videos were not very clear to me, lol. And WM said she seemed "distressed" but not seeing a lot of others saying that. If he is honest, he had a much better view. The breaking into a run was a bit odd to me. Jmo most people don't just break into a run and then drop back to walking, as a rule, unless exercising. Especially if lost...you would think she would be busy checking for landmarks, harder to do when running. But I could not tell much of anything from what I saw.

Again just for the sake of keeping focus - a woman was beaten unconscious and raped less than a block from HG's apartment. Why is her story any less important and why do you think Longo wants to keep these incidences separate?

The only thing to support her being in distress is WG reasoning for following her. He apparently told LE she seemed in distress. I've been hesitant to believe that, just because I can't see it myself.

"WG" was a cop or CI. I can almost guarantee it. It's quite clear where LE is headed with this case, and for good reason. They're not going to "trick" WG by naming - QUITE CLEARLY AND PUBLICLY- another POI. That's all kinds of reasonable doubt, and WG's defense attorney would eat that for breakfast if they did that. This isn't Law and Order or Suits. There is no 'twist' or 'game' here. Fact is, the evidence and circumstances lead to dreads and no one else. Utterly baffles me that some folks can still cling to the idea that WG is involved. Just. Baffled. IMO.

A POI is not a suspect. There have been many, many cases with multiple POI, some named and some not named. Warrants have been served against POI and those people have been cleared, or at least not found to have any evidence. By keeping JM as a POI it proves they are looking at multiple avenues, not just the one. This isn't law and order, this is real life and it does happen.

I think we are clinging to it because it was really strange in the video, and because he admitted to following her. Yes, that would also make sense if he were a cop.

Except...if he were a cop, why didn't he follow through for longer? And why haven't police officially cleared him?

The videos were not very clear to me, lol. And WM said she seemed "distressed" but not seeing a lot of others saying that. If he is honest, he had a much better view. The breaking into a run was a bit odd to me. Jmo most people don't just break into a run and then drop back to walking, as a rule, unless exercising. Especially if lost...you would think she would be busy checking for landmarks, harder to do when running. But I could not tell much of anything from what I saw.

Do you remember the missing woman who was caught on surveillance cameras peeking out of the Elevator. It almost looked like either someone was following her, or she was playing with someone? And then she was found in the water supply of the hotel. Elisa Lam? Anyways, I can't help but get the same kind of vibe. I feel like something altered HG state of mind. Whether it was a substance or something biological, I feel like that is why it doesn't really make sense.

When I look at the maps of the route HG traveled that night, I wonder what the landscape is like in Charlottesville? Are there any tall buildings that could have been used as reference points? Is it mountainous? I just wonder if the University has any residential towers that would be visible from a distance that she could have used to figure out how to get back to where she came from....

Again just for the sake of keeping focus - a woman was beaten unconscious and raped less than a block from HG's apartment. Why is her story any less important and why do you think Longo wants to keep these incidences separate?

14th street by Wertland is where the frat houses are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500