OR OR - Troy Carney, 44, Central Point, 4 Sept 2008

Ugh. Is there any chance Keyes had a hand in this? He was know for arson, shooting and strangling his victims.

From the Keyes timeline located here.

Israel Keyes Timelines *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

June 1 - September 1, 1997: Abduction and rape of unknown female near Maupin, Oregon

Summer 1997 or Summer 1998: Keyes stated he abducted a female in the late afternoon or early evening while she and friends were tubing on the Deschutes River. Keyes sexually assaulted the female. He let her go and sent her on her tube back down the river. The victim in this case was between 14 and 18 years old. Investigators do not believe this sexual assault was reported to law enforcement. Keyes was living in Maupin, Oregon at the time and the abduction location is believed to be near Maupin.

10/23/1997: 511 Poplar St, Constable, NY
Keyes bought this house October 23, 1997. it has 10 acres, most of it wooded. also an artesian well.

1998: Maupin, OR
FB states that in 1998 Keyes' parents had a phone in their name in Maupin, OR.. no other info at this time.

ca. 1996- 1998: Oregon
first crime - Keyes raped a 14 - 16 year old girl along the Deschutes River near Maupin, Oregon in the summer sometime from 1996 - 1998.

And a big shout out to GGE for this awesome time line!:seeya:

ETA, nm, I think he was in the army during this murder. I will cross check it to be sure tomorrow.

Not in the Army, Tulessa ... possibly in Alaska:

9/?/2008 - Anchorage, AK to Los Angeles, CA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Los Angeles, CA (no date given for flight, only for rental vehicle).
Rented vehicle on 9/6/2008 and drove 991 miles.
Left Los Angeles on 9/19/08.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Israel Keyes Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Troy's and Dave Lewis' names have come up a few times in the Israel Keyes forum here on WS. Try searching for "Carney" and/or "Lewis" in these two threads (using the "Search This Thread" drop-down):

Pacific Northwest - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims??? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hello.
Thanks so much for posting about my son Troy Carney. Yes six years have passed now and I sure wish I had good news, but the Jackson County cold case team found nothing new to report. I have been trying to move on with my life but can't. Not yet...
They can't find anyone that didn't like him so no new leads...Thanks for thinking of my son....

It is fair for people to know some more truth. The police do believe that some sort of illicit drugs (pot or ?) may have
been involved. They also know that sexual trists were happening at the Keno Quarry. This is advertised on Craigslist & National Men's magazines. Dave Lewis apparently ran some men off, about a week to 10 days before the murders.

The police waffle on if the crimes are connected. There are several different theories. The cold case team is small. One of the detectives passed away. Another got cancer. Another retired. No one has picked up the pieces. There should have been a lot of DNA and information on Carney's phone & body.

The whole truth needs to be told, so that those who are crying for help & those who attempt to help, are dealing with all the facts.
The police have revisited the first cabin that burned on Keno Quarry turn-off. Took evidence.

There are 3 crimes scenes in the Lewis-Carney murders.
2 on Dead Indian Memorial road, where both cabins were torched to the ground. Lewis murder.

Carney's camp place, in the heavy thorn bushes, near a Medford truck stop.

Pretty brazen to create 3 scenes. Cops must have some sort of DNA & evidence. Ballistics. Both men shot in the head.

The case needs to be cracked. South ORegon has a lot of open-unsolved. Too many.

I think to get to the truth you have to tell the truth. Not just play on people's emotions.
Lots being left off of here. :thinking:

A recent story about the Dave Lewis murder investigation states that the ballistics do not match on the bullets used to kill Lewis and Carney, so they do not think the two cases are connected.

Forensics, Pollock said do not connect Lewis' murder with one that was reported the same day. Transient Troy Carney shot to death in Central Point on the greenway.

"The bullet that killed Mr. Carney and the one that killed Mr. Lewis are similar but the forensics don't match."

http://kobi5.com/news/local-news/it...vestigators-six-years-later.html#.VDDjKGK9KSM

Now more then seven years have passed and still no justice for my son Troy Carney.

No mentioned of type of weapon used. Alot of cases I have read over the years would tell me it was probably a revolver, like a 22 or 38 and not a clip weapon, a automatic.............You mentioned in one article someone he had met a couple of days earlier. What makes you believe it was someone he met a couple of days earlier?

I ask the above question because they mentioned a few weeks before the murder they went out there and took pictures of those living in the area for better identification if they became missing or murdere3d whatever the case may be.

I was wondering if they may had taken the persons picture and after the murder they left the area.​

Another murder on the Greenway in Central Point. There has been an arrest of Michael Atwood for murder. I hope LE will consider that the suspect could have also murdered Troy.

Rickey Lemich, 51, was a transient. Police say he was a "victim of homicidal violence."
Police say that Michael Atwood, 51, is the suspect in the homicide and was apprehended minutes after the Lemich was found. Atwood is also a transient.

http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_17024.shtml

Other coverage:

Central Point Police Lieutenant Scott Logue said they found Lemich just after 9:00 Wednesday morning at a camp off the greenway just behind the Pilot station. Police are calling it a homicide and have 51-year-old Michael Atwood in custody. He's facing murder charges.

http://kobi5.com/component/zoo/item/man-found-dead-on-bear-creek-greenway.html#.VcLtE0pHarU

Central Point Police Detectives along with Detectives from the Jackson County Major Assault and Death Investigation Unit (Medford Police Department, Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, Oregon State Police, Jackson County District Attorney’s Office, Oregon State Police Crime Lab and Ashland Police Department) took part in the investigation.

http://www.kdrv.com/news/Man_Charged_with_Murder_on_Greenway.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back