VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are on to something here. Maybe she was accosted there, and ran away..........?JMO

I think if someone found her phone, they's probably have called it in by now..."I think I found the phone of that girl who was missing." I'm sure it ran out of batteries or it was broken/tossed by the person after things went bad.

MOD NOTE: DO NOT post JM's former addresses here. That presents a potential hazard to innocent, uninvolved third parties.

Thanks.

Pleasants said the surveillance videos released by police do not show the unidentified man. He said the witness contacted police through a hotline, on which police had received 100 tips. He did not release the name of the witness, who he said played phone tag with investigators before voluntarily coming to the police department around 10 p.m. Wednesday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...662674-3f42-11e4-9587-5dafd96295f0_story.html

More than 2,000 students gathered in honor of the student who friends said has a spunky, spontaneous sense of humor. As a member of the ski team, she bowled friends over heading down the mountain wearing a flapper dress and draped in a Union Jack flag, a nod to her British heritage, said the Class of 2017 president, Abraham Axler.

bbm

IIRC, Capt Pleasants with the CPD, has stated that the 1:20am text was not correct. He believes that it could have been an autocorrect error. So, Hannah was not at 14th and Wertland when she sent that last text, imo.
I do find it suspicious that earlier she was in the same area where assaults occurred, though. Hmmm.
Makes me wonder. :thinking:

I don't mean to sound snide -- just information -- but locals have said that address is the corner of frat row. Half the student body of UVA could have been in that area that night. It's scary to think of so many incidents in such a small area and short space of time, but it might just be because that's where all the people are.

I still think HG knew DG ahead of time.

I agree. I also think he has injected himself around the school to take advantage of any situation that would arise. In the video, he practically pounces on her like an animal looking for prey. There was a case at Old Dominion University, where a guy who wasn't a student, befriended (and lived) with college kids. He was convicted and executed for the murder of a 17 years young student. Serial killers seem to strike when they can. And I think this is linked to the other cases in that area. JMHO

But is "pouncing" something some of us are perceiving because we know that she went missing after we see him go toward her in the Mall? I mean, if nothing had happened to her, could it be that what we see is him thinking, "OH! Hey! I know her! Isn't that that Hannah!? What's she doing here this time of night alone? Hey, Hannaaaaaah...wait up!"

Another question, Has it been officially stated as a known fact that her phone battery died prior to the the end of the night?

Are we all just assuming that it eventually died because of all of our personal experiences with recharging our phones daily, so we know that at some point the phone battery will cease functioning?

I just wonder if perhaps there is a period of time after she left the bar, that her phone was indeed operational and tracking her every movements for a period of time until the battery finally did cease.

Also, before your iphone dies, the phone will send Apple its location. Then, you have 24 hours to log in to iCloud.com and use the Find My iPhone feature to see where it was at the time of death.

This would also be really crucial information.

Not to mention the ability to track where the POI movements were that night and the days after which may incriminate him, or indicate innocence.

These days, if a phone falls "off the grid" it's because the battery died - there's a chance that the phone was put on "airplane mode" too because that disables all mobile function but this one is just a thought - I have not heard if this truly makes a phone go "off the grid".

Back when flip phones were around, a phone that was "off the grid" either had a dead battery or the battery was completely removed.

If I remember correctly, and someone can feel free to chime in if I'm wrong, a phone simply being off does not put it "off the grid".

I hope LE has requested surveillance videos from all roads, gas stations, etc on paths in and out of the area. I bet there is footage of the POI's vehicle in motion between the disappearance of Hannah Graham and LE executing a search warrant at the residence of the POI.

If I were to dispose of a body it would NOT be anywhere near my home. I hate talking like this but I would drive several hours and find a remote location.

Zion's Crossroads was mentioned WAY back in thread one or two.If memory serves correctly someone called it in as a tip. Its only 20 minutes outside of C-Ville by car and is extremely rural and heavily wooded.

There is also an abandoned speedway out that way that would be one of the first locations I checked in the area were I LE.

I still think HG knew DG ahead of time.

I agree. I also think he has injected himself around the school to take advantage of any situation that would arise. In the video, he practically pounces on her like an animal looking for prey. There was a case at Old Dominion University, where a guy who wasn't a student, befriended (and lived) with college kids. He was convicted and executed for the murder of a 17 years young student. Serial killers seem to strike when they can. And I think this is linked to the other cases in that area. JMHO[/QUOTE]

Agree CatchingClues.. The following is one the best analogies and explanation as to how a sexual predator/serial killer selects their prey..

Serial Killers - A Homicide Detective's Take
http://www.expertlaw.com/library/investigators/serial_killers.html

Victim Selection <sniped - read more>

How does a serial killer select victims? The traditional school of thought holds that generally they select victims based on certain physical and/or personal characteristics. This assertion presupposes that, within the mind of each serial killer, there evolves synthesis of preferred characteristics and, ultimately, a clear, specific picture of his "ideal" victim, be it male or female, black or white, young or old, short or tall, large busted or small, shy or forward, and so on. Then, when that "typical" serial killer begins an active search for human prey, he will go to certain lengths to capture and victimize only those individuals who closely fit the mold.

Unexpectedly, I have observed that most serial killers never actually find and kill their "dream victim." People fitting such detailed and perfected images may not only be hard to come by, but may also not be easily available in the venues haunted by "hunting" serial killers. So when that ideal victim cannot be found, and when their internal impetus becomes powerful enough, they will settle for a substitute. Ignoring for a moment the disparity between deviant human and normal feline behavior, a serial killer can be compared to a hungry lion that lies in wait for his favorite meal. It may be the lion knows an impala has the most tender or tasty meat. He waits for an opportunity to kill and eat the impala and in doing so may allow easy but not-so-attractive prey to pass unmolested. In time, hunger pains growing and no impala in sight, the famished lion will settle for an unwary bird that happens by. After devouring the bird, which gives his hunger a brief respite, the lion again has time to savor the taste of an impala, and the cycle begins again.

Like the lion, a serial killer just will not defer acting out his urge to kill simply because his "ideal" victim refuses to materialize at his beck and call. But his reason for settling for something less divulges from that of the lion. There are two basic, interrelated reasons for this disparity. The first centers on the extra caution exercised by a serial killer in his search for a victim; the second, upon the nature of the compulsion that drives him to violence.

Since it's a private Christian school and he wasn't an official coach but was a volunteer, I wonder if that actually happened regularly? Do you know if that's the case there/with him?

As if he's a volunteer, wouldn't that mean they run ALL volunteers annually (which would seem to have to include any parent volunteers also, no?)? That seems like it could be a heck of a lot of people, even at a smaller school.

State law is the big variable. In Massachusetts, anybody who works in any capacity with kids anywhere has to have a CORI check annually. I even had to get one before I could talk about local wildlife and flowers for a Girl Scout troop, with other adults present. But the presence of violations doesn't automatically rule you out, either. It just kicks a person up to the next level, where somebody has to look at the person's record and see whether it includes the kind of violation that would make them a danger to children. I don't see anything on JM's record that we've found so far that would make him ineligible to work with kids in MA.

I don't know what Virginia's laws or procedures are, though. They could have something entirely different.

Again, the smell of a decomposing body is distinct and undeniable.

View attachment 59536

ttp://fox4kc.com/2014/09/19/police-search-car-apartment-for-leads-into-what-happened-to-hannah-graham/

I believe those are in fact dumpsters, behind the fencing. IMO
I very much worry about their proximity to the apartment.
I am surprised no crime scene tape was around that area, but it doesn't appear to be...
Hmm...

Has there been any mention of whether there are security cameras at the apartment building where JM lives?

From the local c ville fb page

Volunteer search parties have reported back to John Paul Jones Arena for day 2 of the search for missing UVA student Hannah Graham. The Virginia Department of Emergency Management says teams will receive new geographical area assignments in the city, but some searchers will cover the same areas as yesterday in addition to new ones.

VDEM and the Albemarle County Sheriff's Office say nine dog teams are out with search groups today, combing high probability areas in woods and off roads.

Police also say they used an infrared helicopter last night in several areas around Charlottesville in the search for Graham.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The thing with checks for working with kids/vulnerable people is that they are ultimately flawed. If the person hasn't been caught and convicted of a sexual crime then its not going to show up on a background check. The person could be a prolific sex offender but unless they have been caught they will come up clean on checks.

State law is the big variable. In Massachusetts, anybody who works in any capacity with kids anywhere has to have a CORI check annually. I even had to get one before I could talk about local wildlife and flowers for a Girl Scout troop, with other adults present. But the presence of violations doesn't automatically rule you out, either. It just kicks a person up to the next level, where somebody has to look at the person's record and see whether it includes the kind of violation that would make them a danger to children. I don't see anything on JM's record that we've found so far that would make him ineligible to work with kids in MA.

I don't know what Virginia's laws or procedures are, though. They could have something entirely different.

Im from central Va and to be honest I dont know either. Def not trying to bring politics into this discussion but Va used to be one of the most conservative states in the country. So much so that FBI and CIA have recruited heavily for decades from colleges like UVA and Va Tech.

In recent years Va has become less and less conservative so laws could have relaxed considerably in that regards.

I just don't see any shaming or judging going on (here). Young people drink, do drugs, do dumb things. Those are the facts. I did my fair share of all three. If I came up missing I'd certainty hope people weren't too politically correct to sleuth every single aspect of my life to get me home. I'm sure her loved ones feel the same way. Protecting a reputation is secondary to protecting a loved one IMO. I wouldn't care if there was video of me in a gang bang and shooting up heroin in a dirty alley; I'd want it shown if it meant I came home safely. I and my loved ones would want every. single. stone. overturned to get me home.

I don't think they have even said that JLM acted, much less acted alone. So far, they have said he purchased a drink and they have "every reason to believe" she was in his car. Though they didn't provide one reason during the press conference.
Does LE think JLM acted alone?

Earlier today (I think) someone posted a .pdf file showing Jesse Matthew as the asst varsity fb coach-I can't find that now but it was a great list of all sports at TCS. I wanted to look to see if Hannah possibly did something with their softball team since she played in high school. Can anyone else find that? Could be how they knew each other which in my opinion would be way more plausible than "he was her drug dealer" and other comments made. IMO-they did not know each other before the encounter on the mall.

At first I thought this idea was implausible, but looking over the list, there are several of @virginia.edu student coaches. Don't see HG, but who knows whether this list is totally up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph