VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentle reminder: We aren't supposed to be discussing Morgan here. Not trying to tell anyone what to do or how to post....just don't want to see the thread locked or any TO's.
I just bumped Morgans thread and would be happy to discuss the possible connection if anyone is so inclined.

So it's okay to discuss the connection to Hannah's case on Morgan's thread, but not vice versa?

Even if the forensics come back showing ONLY that Hannah was in JM's car, that leads to the critical question, which is "Where did you take her?". That in itself is key to finding Hannah.

Am I correct in my understanding that the nursing assistant who was questioned now cannot be located? Thanks

Personally, I get the idea that the whole situation there is sketchy. Not necessarily in a bad way, because it could work out better for JM. When Longo was on CNN this morning it didn't sound at all like he evaded police intentionally. This is just my theory, but this is a guy with a history of a bad driving record. He had been to the police station, wanted a lawyer, they thought maybe he had not retained that lawyer (because no money). Perhaps Longo said "We need to talk to him, lets help him get a lawyer. Watch him and see what he does while driving". So they are following him, at another location see him get into a car and speed off, maybe not use a turn signal. (Longo said this morning he got into a car and sped off. He wasn't really aware of the particulars of the incident).

At that point, they issue the warrant for the reckless driving. They hold a press conference to put it out there that he has a warrant, hoping that now that he can be charged with something he will know he can get a public defender and come back in.

I am curious about this reckless driving charge. He came in with relatives to the station in a car, not his car, since LE has his car, do they not. When he leaves, he's driving someone else's car? I can' t imagine anyone who knows him well , that would accompany him to the police station, to be his moral support would trust him driving the car that is not his, given the condition he keeps his car and his running list of traffic and car probelms. Plus, they would have to know he is distressed and in trouble over all of this. YOu'd let someone like that and in this situation drive, and drive YOUR Car? Not going to look good for LE , if indeed they cannot prove he was the driver.

But yes, this is what LE does a lot. Try to lock up suspect for something serious on minor charges and get him in their sights, try to get him to talk, stick him in a cell with an informer. That's pretty standard. Also, they know that it could be a problem locating the person if needed later, as one can see from this--The lawyer probably told JM to make himself scarce.

Getting charges levied against POI for "reckless driving" after speeding away from the CPD station and evading Virginia State Police has everything to do with this case. Those charges will get his license/name on the national database, so that if he gets pulled over, or his name run in any other state, they can detain/arrest him.

They were lucky he sped away.
This isn't about race, or a "good ole' boys" club. It's called police-work.

They were lucky he sped away. That part was not police work

Am I correct in my understanding that the nursing assistant who was questioned now cannot be located? Thanks

If you are talking about JM (previously the black, dreaded, guy) than yes. But he wasn't a nursing assistant. He was a patient transporter.

I don't think I agree. Quite a few or her tweets were about drinking. In fact one of her tweets showed a friend with atleast 8 beers and she stated that her influence was rubbing off on him. And she had quite a few pictures of her being intoxicated. I think most college students are accustomed to drinking. We really just can't judge her by social media though.

Additionally, I don't see why hannah wouldn't walk that far. It doesn't seem like too much footwork for her considering she is on the college softball team, she must be in shape. At this point we really can't say why she was walking aloes :( :( :( but I must say in Richmond though drinking is social it is not at all uncommon to see single drunk college women walking around alone. :thinking:

Wow...This seems like a lot of foot traffic for an 18 year old college girl to cover alone on a Friday night! Maybe I am wrong, but Hannah does not appear to be a "party girl" type of person that frequents bars alone, "lives for the week-end", gets drunk and high or engages in consensual risky behavior frequently. Not the kind of person I would see walking ALONE to bars. She appears to be social with a lot of friends and involvement in college activities, a softball player, band member, and a smart student who takes her grades and classes seriously. Her facebook/tweets don't display many pictures or comments about drinking and partying. So...why in the heck would she be running, stumbling, or walking around town late at night BY HERSELF???????

I have daughters, nieces (and even myself back in the day) who attended big colleges in party towns. We all have had different experiences with partying and engaging in risky behavior and establishing our "priorities" on a Friday night. Not a single one of us would have walked or been alone for that length of time, especially intoxicated, UNLESS we were meeting someone in particular, a guy we were interested in or someone we knew really well. Most college students (girls in particular) do not get drunk or walk around drunk by themselves, because drinking is a social thing! There is usually one girl in the group that feels they are the "caretaker" of everyone that is drunk and will attempt to make sure everyone gets home safely, even if they themselves are drunk! Look at the videos. There is NO OTHER FEMALE walking alone! Who was Hannah going to meet or who was she looking for? Was it JM? Was it someone she was secretly seeing or had a crush on? In my opinion, she had a purpose of going there alone, and her gait and brisk movements show it (as opposed to being lost).

He had a casual chat while waiting for the lawyer to arrive. I think it goes to show that he wasn't agitated or angry with the police there. After he talked to the lawyer, he left, we assume at the lawyers advice.

I wonder if Longo mentioned the cordial chat to show that the police hadn't done anything to upset JM or make him flee.

Sorry if already posted. On my way home from shopping, saw this on Twitter

NBC29 @NBC29
UPDATE: police tell @HenryGraff state crime lab employees worked through weekend processing evidence in #HannahGraham case.
4:36pm - 22 Sep 14

I don't believe Longo. It happens all of the time. Especially in a a college town. Lawyers nearly always tell clients in these cases not to offer up info unless you have to do so.

I also do not understand why people do not believe Hannah was so thoroughly lost when it has pretty much been shown that where she wanted to be was the opposite direction from where she started her journey. She was very drunk or otherways disorinted from the initial reports. There was a map that was released showing how she turned her self around direction wise. She was truly completely lost and not in good state of mind. A sitting duck for someone to pick her up.
I'm pages behind, so excuse me if this has been asked already...
How do you know where she wanted to be? I've never heard anyone say they knew where she was headed, quite the opposite.
If you're using her last text as proof, we were told to disregard that text for a reason.
A second year student with a car (or even without) that isn't familiar with a mall that's within a few miles of where she lives seems highly unlikely to me.

Hey Cherry Pie,

If you read the latest news, you'll see that the POI is a black make born in the UK, but has lived here in the US since he was a child (don't know if he'd refer to himself as AA as a result)....

BBM
Huh? I have been following closely from the start and this is the first I've heard of this, I haven't seen it reported anywhere. Do you have a link?

I am curious about this reckless driving charge. He came in with relatives to the station in a car, not his car, since LE has his car, do they not. When he leaves, he's driving someone else's car? I can' t imagine anyone who knows him well , that would accompany him to the police station, to be his moral support would trust him driving the car that is not his, given the condition he keeps his car and his running list of traffic and car probelms. Plus, they would have to know he is distressed and in trouble over all of this. YOu'd let someone like that and in this situation drive, and drive YOUR Car? Not going to look good for LE , if indeed they cannot prove he was the driver.

But yes, this is what LE does a lot. Try to lock up suspect for something serious on minor charges and get him in their sights, try to get him to talk, stick him in a cell with an informer. That's pretty standard. Also, they know that it could be a problem locating the person if needed later, as one can see from this--The lawyer probably told JM to make himself scarce.

I actually believe when he left the PD, someone else was driving. Longo said officers observed him at another location later get into a car and drive speed away. Dunno whose car it is, but yes I agree with you that was a bad choice on their part.

Given September 13 weekend's mini crime blitz (rapes, assaults, missing person), it's interesting that there was no such activity this past weekend. Or is there a lag in the reporting of crimes on and near campus at UVA?

I think if this is a single perp (for the blitz) they will move their location outside the Charlottesville area. We might see another blitz in a neighboring area.

Has a sorority pledge mission been ruled out for what she was possibly looking for that night?

The UVA Inter-Sorority Council runs an Informal Recruitment event during 8-22 September. HG was a second-year; making her eligible for recruitment. This is a fantastic lead that should be pursued.

http://uva.transloc.com/

She had the transloc app on her phone, because at one point she posted a screenshot on twitter.

I have to wonder if she was using the transloc app to try to navigate, and if she was trying to find a bus stop with a bus coming?

The farthest bus stop would have been in the Grady and Preston area.

Is there a bus from the Mall to campus? Maybe that's why she was in a hurry, trying to get to a bus in time? (Not an opinion, just a question about possibilities.)

I wonder if Longo mentioned the cordial chat to show that the police hadn't done anything to upset JM or make him flee.

Possibly! I'm so unsure about Longo. I wish I could have more faith in his motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie