VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her loved ones know it, just don't want to admit it. And I wouldn't if I was in their shoes.

Sadly, I'd have to say that although miracles do happen, you are probably right. Your delivery, however, could use some polishing. Js...

I have a thought.... What if there was a positive DNA match - do you think they would tell us first, or do you think they would go get him, arrest him, and we see "breaking news - JM has been arrested after a positive DNA match"???

Reminds me of Erin Corwin's case. POI named for 6 weeks, appeared nothing was happening until presser that he'd been arrested after her body was found. Similar in that most suspected the POI, but police never named him as a suspect until arrest.

I am sorry... I firmly disagree that evidence of foul play automatically determines that the person is no longer with us.

And what happened to her? The event happened in the past... it doesn't mean that she is gone and they think she is gone. It means that something happened. I think it is really callous to state that she is gone so half hazard. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one... FIND HANNAH to me means find her, not find her killer. There is no proof that she has passed. Until this becomes a murder investigation, I choose not to believe that it is anything but.

Hi, first post for me. Following this case from CT. Can't find whether police ever ID'd the POI Randy Taylor claimed to have been with on the night Alexis Murphy disappeared, described by Taylor's attorney as a "black male, mid- to late-20s, cornrows and a 20-year-old burgundy Caprice with 22-inch wheels." Sorry if it's not relevant or has already been discussed / resolved. It's the hair that caught my attention... Thanks

:welcome6:

Just getting the chance to get back to threads. Is there a presser today? Did forensics come back yet? I am listening to Cory@Cville Thanks in advance!!

I have a thought.... What if there was a positive DNA match - do you think they would tell us first, or do you think they would go get him, arrest him, and we see "breaking news - JM has been arrested after a positive DNA match"???

I have absolutely no idea. But given Longo's lack of inhibition regarding making strong statements about JM, including that he "hopes" they find evidence at JM's residence, I would be surprised if he kept an explosive finding to himself. In addition, people have commented here several times on the influence of his messages to the general public. Some here and elsewhere have said that based on the information released thus far, they would NOT call in a tip if they knew JM's whereabouts right now. I think that might change if it were known that there was more evidence of his guilt, to the point that perhaps his family would even drop the dime on him. MOO, of course.

Symbolism of a rabbit? I missed that one.

There are LOTS of tunnels here, as has been discussed.

Mr Graham held up Bibi, Hannah's toy rabbit - he said it had been her constant companion and guardian since she was a week old, except for a brief time when she lost it at a nursery when she was 3. For some reason she chose to leave it behind when he brought her back to college this time..

I've been following the best I can, wow, these threads are moving fast! I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I think LE is doing a great job with this case. I'm not a local, but I've watched the presser's, and I like Chief Longo, and I think he knows what he's doing. I think LE has compelling evidence that points straight to JLM, and I got the impression from the first presser that Longo wanted to arrest JLM but those higher up like the DA and perhaps others wanted to wait for more evidence. If that's the case, I wonder if in part too much political correctness might be guiding the decisions of the DA and others higher up. JMO.

I don't think "WG" had anything to do with Hannah's disappearance. Surely he's been thoroghly investigated by LE. Why so many remain focused on him I have no idea. JLM however is the person last seen with Hannah. JLM has been uncooperative from the get-go. JLM refuses to answer LE's questions about Hannah, and JLM has fled. These are not the actions of an innocent person. I think LE has the right person in their sites, and I hope by the end of the day they have enough evidence back from the forensics to issue another warrant for JLM's arrest. I doubt we'll hear much more directly from LE until JLM is arrested. JMO.

So do they have Hannah's phone? Or just an electronic device such as a computer and if they have phone when and where did they find it?

dreadlocks and corn rows are two very different styles. I know the post about this is way back at this point but why not say it again.

This is one piece of information that I am thoroughly convinced the LEOs are holding back. Triangulation of his telephone, triangulation of her telephone, call logs, text message logs, contents of memory, etc.

For those asking about cell phone records and wondering why its taken so long, its because it is a VERY tricky problem LE deals with daily.
This is a good article about the ins and outs of the process
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Using-cell-phones-to-find-missing-persons-pushes-1272414.php

Some good info from it:

"Missing persons cases present an unusual problem for police -- it's not a crime to disappear. Without a crime, police can't get a search warrant. In a criminal case, no warrant would mean no phone records for authorities.[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Instead, King County Sheriff [/FONT]Sue Rahr[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif] said, missing persons investigators rely on phone companies to release customers' location information voluntarily. The companies require a statement from police that the phone owner may be in danger."[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]In missing persons cases, though, cell phone providers require that officers assert a customer may be in immediate danger -- "exigent circumstances" in the industry's parlance -- before releasing the information, said [/FONT]Joyce Masamitsu[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif], associate director for state public policy for Verizon Wireless. Verizon alone handled about 26,000 such requests last year."[/FONT]

The article also references a missing persons case where it took Verizon 6 days to give them some baseline info on the location of the phone.

Its not a cut and dry process.

.... but what if they found her blood in his car? Could they arrest him on suspicion of murder?

Probably not, unless it was pools of blood.
And Suspicion of Murder is not something you can be arrested for.

Reckless driving :D

He has already been charged with two counts of reckless. That is how the arrest warrants were issued. When he is found, he will be taken into custody on those warrants. There will be a bail hearing, prosecutor will argue he is a flight risk, and ny that time they may have forensics back for additional charges, etc. That is the game plan right now and the only one available to the CA at this time.

.... but what if they found her blood in his car? Could they arrest him on suspicion of murder?

What if she cut her hand on the door handle to his crappy car? Or fell down, smashing her nose on the pavement (she was drunk, remember)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23