VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought...what if they found evidence that Hannah was in his car trunk?

There's no way someone who is missing was in your trunk and you didn't have plans of something nefarious.

The Virginia Court made the following holding:

When the Commonwealth of Virginia charges a defendant with abduction with intent to defile under Va. Code Ann. § 18.2-48, it has the burden of proving that the defendant: (1) abducted the complaining witness; and (2) did so with the specific intent to defile. The elements of the offense of abduction with intent to defile are separate and distinct from the elements of attempted rape. Attempted rape includes the intent to engage in sexual intercourse with a female victim. Abduction with intent to defile requires an intent to sexually molest a victim of any sex. The terms “defile” and “sexually molest” are interchangeable within the meaning of § 18.2-48. Sexual molestation, while including sexual intercourse, also embraces many acts which are distinct from sexual intercourse. Va. Code Ann. § 18.2-67.10(6).
BBM

Bingo! You Beat me to it. And seriously, you all didn't see this coming? And This may have been said, already, but the charges will be updated as the case continues to progress.

I hate it. I really do, as another UVA grad I ...well...anyway...my heart is with you Hannah...

A moment of silence for Hannah & her family...

A moment of thanks to LE & volunteers for their ongoing effort & hard work...

And, forgive me for this - a heck, yeah, this perp is going down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious, if this charge could be based on something a witness at tempo saw or overheard, or was told by the suspect after seeing him leave with an obviously inebriated HG.

Call me overly cautious, but I don't think they have anything more than this at the moment. If there was DNA, I would expect some acknowledgement of that. Not of course to the point where they reveal what DNA evidence they have or where it was located, naturally. I just find this odd.

That said. I don't doubt for a second that LE is sure this is their perp, or that these tactics will not only bring him in but also lead to finding HG. We'll just have to wait and see.

My thoughts exactly.

Intent to defile opens up possibility of a sex ring- yes? According to the definition of what the charge means above anyway.

Perhaps that is the type of crime WG was watching for and he actually was undercover LE. That would explain why he quickly walked away when HG seemed to be friends with JM. In an obscure way that could provide hope that HG is still alive. JM could be the "strong arm recruiter" and might have turned her over to someone else. I know that is a an unlikely scenario, but I certainly would like to have some hope that HG could be found. My heart breaks for her family. jmoo

I think so. I think "defile" can have many meanings here from something like that all the way to attempted rape.

I hope they didn't recover his "bodily fluids" in the car. How else could they include attempt to defile instead of just using "abduction"?

Read a couple of pages up for the Commonwealth statute on Abduction with intent to Defile. Stated by a previous poster. Well done.

Essentially its a kidnapping with an attempt to commit a sexual assault charge, plain and simple.

LE must have HG and JM's DNA collected from the orange car.

Now that LE has charged him with a felony (in addition to the previous reckless driving misdemeanors) LE in any state can arrest him--not so with just the misdemeanor charges, I believe.

Forget sex trafficking. In all likelihood he abducted, raped, murdered and dumped her.... All by himself...

You can't prove rape until they find HG, the abduction with intent makes me think they did find a link tying HG to his car or possibly phone records.

I'm wondering if his DNAdoes match, and they don't want a panic.. If he is a match to a prior rape, then can basically assume his intent? Maybe they don't want to know there's a serial on the loose. Just rambling, sorry.

I feel like if they had evidence he was connected to another case, especially DNA, his wanted poster would reflect that. But it says the charge is in relation to HG.

Well, look like I missed a lot. Darn work. What happened?

FOLKS! The charge is abduction....the second part is with intent to defile. None of the other parts of abduction apply at this time. INTENT TO DEFILE is the one at this point.

Meaning, he kidnapped Hannah will ill intentions! Several folks have posted the actual va code number, letter following, etc.

Read those posts, and realize that the only part of the code that applies is the intent to defile.

This is BAD!

I have suspected trafficking all along, but it did not have legs, here. HMMM JMO

And JMO, it still doesn't (not attacking you personally) : JMO, but some of us appear to be conflating different PARTS of the possible charge descriptions into one. JMO

Did anyone else notice that Kongo made no mention of finding Hannah? Or bringing Hannah home? Or giving answers to her family? I wonder why? There was no urgency. I think they already know, but are done sharing.

Sad for Hannah. Sad for her loved ones. Thankful for everyone who is working hard to piece this mystery together.

Who is Jessie Matthews? Is that the Black dreadlocks guy?

I have a feeling they found HG clothes or piece of clothing in his house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member