VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well unfortunately I need to sleep
So.. looks like I will be back tomorrow asking for another update
So sorry for that ...

Thanks to everyone

I'm new on this forum and have been trying to keep up. Whew! This one goes pretty fast!
From what I read earlier other patrons said JM had already left the bar, said goodbye to some and then returned with her. I would think this would look suspicious to some.
jmo

IF they lost track of Jesse then the public, and especially women, are in danger. Yet we didn't get that sense of urgency and warning from Chief Longo tonight. Just a monotone, generic comment about "state and federal assets" being deployed to find Jesse. Very strange IMO.

That's what I've found strange since the first "wanted" poster. If the public is in danger, we need to know. And we need more specifics on where to be looking - what direction did he flee, where is this house he fled from, what car is he likely now to be in, who is he likely to be with...?

Not to mention these poor other guys getting the cops called on them with similar appearances!

People were saying that they'd never seen police press conferences where so much was shared with the public regarding a major investigation such as this. I think those perceptions were quite accurate.

Wow...I didn't see that at all! I mean...what have they shared with the public? The videos...and that they executed search warrants (Which we already knew, because media was on the scene!). That was about it. People were saying they were happy with his enthusiasm, which isn't the same as "open". There are a ton of cases out there where we have been given hoards more than that info.

cab.jpg

My local news station just posted this image of JM "from several years ago." Sharing FWIW. Sorry if it has already been posted.

Speaking of WG, how did JM pass WG after we see them on the Sal's video. I mean, WG follows behind Hannah, and behind Wg is the group of people, then we see JM. Then, by the time the jewelry store video starts, JM has passed WG and is walking with Hannah.

Maybe HG paused to send a text and JM caught up with her, WG, who was following her hung back with the intent to continue to follow once she finished texting?

Serial rapist or serial killer? In either case, I am afraid if police knew the suspect was responsible for such crimes and chose not inform the public, he could well offend again (particularly if desperate). This strikes me as extremely problematic. Can one of our LE/Lawyers comment on the legality of LE holding back such information?

He's been on the loose for some time now if that 's the case. Something had to have been identified for the charge to be attempted defilement, and it has to be traceable to JM, so some preliminary DNA match might have been done. How long it takes to do a complete and then run a match to what they have on file, I don't know. My guess is that LE is focused on this case right now, not the others. Though Hannah is sadly not likely alive, there is still is some flicker of a chance. Hopefully, LE gets JM into custody and talking. Right now my hopes and prayers are that Hannah is still alive somewhere and can be found soon,

It's almost like whoever is releasing this info is reading here and responding to posts.

Sex traffickers are essentially pimps. They know who to target. They are streetwise. They work together. They know where to sell their women/girls.

Essentially, they want trade they can control, so they use young teens with no other real options or anyone who is really fighting for them, or they work with immigrants who speak no English and do no understand the laws of this country, who come here not knowing anyone or anything and who may be pressured by threats to family back home if they don;t work off whatever is owed.

None of that tends to work with middle class white college girls. And pimps know that. Like any criminal, they want easy victims, not ones who will cause to many problems and fight a lot. How do you control a college girl with a family who loves her, when trying to sell her at truck stops?

And they can smell a girl who will fit, a mile away. It's their trade. A drunk girl might be easy to victimize at that moment but they aren't finding girls to rape. They are finding girls to sell.

so, I'm just getting caught up. these charges seem to indicate he didn't rape her but was abducting her for trafficking?

They are girls who live on the fringe of society who no one notices/cares/ or suspects foul play if gone. One woman held as a sex slave had an abductor who wrote her family (as if he were her) and told them she went to rehab and to not contact her. The rehab would neither confirm nor deny her admittance.

IMO, "this" is not "that"

yes totally agree ... and i'm sickened by the amount of typos in my almost incoherent post you replied to sorry!

I wasn't able to see the PC tonight...I read he was making what seemed to be a concerted effort to tone down after his last presser.
I thought it was due to new evidence and his demeanor seemed sad to me

That's what I've found strange since the first "wanted" poster. If the public is in danger, we need to know. And we need more specifics on where to be looking - what direction did he flee, where is this house he fled from, what car is he likely now to be in, who is he likely to be with...?

Not to mention these poor other guys getting the cops called on them with similar appearances!

If they have enough to charge him with "Intent to defile", then I too would assume the public needs to be made more aware of the danger. That charge suggests he didn't just take her and something happened, it means he took her with the intent to harm her (It was planned). Strange behavior.

This is absolutely NOT true. I have worked several cases and this happens and it happens much more often than anyone might think. It happens in almost every city...just go to backpage (a top spot for advertising these young girls).

Show me evidence of all these cases of abducted white, middle class girls who are not a runaways or street kids or non-English speaking immigrants from a third world or Eastern European country.

I worked for the federal public defender briefly. They handle huge volumes of sex trafficking cases. Never saw one like this. Not one. Hannah Graham is not the type of gal who is trafficked in America. Not via a sex trafficking ring.

I'm new on this forum and have been trying to keep up. Whew! This one goes pretty fast!
From what I read earlier other patrons said JM had already left the bar, said goodbye to some and then returned with her. I would think this would look suspicious to some.
jmo

is that restaurant possibly a place where girls are brought to be handed over to some other person in a trafficking ring?

My family has been working with the FBI for nearly 28 years in my sister Cathy and her friend Rebecca Dowski's deaths as part of the Colonial Parkway Murders in Virginia. Trust me, laws enforcement will not likely announce the results of any forensics testing to the public, not before all charges have been filed, an arrest made, a trial, and possible conviction. And maybe not even then.

Bill Thomas

Very sorry about your sister and her friend, billthom56/BT.
Ordered the book "Unsolved Disappearances in the Great SmokyMountains"...

Disappearances in the Great Smokey Mountains
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Smokey-Mountains/page6&highlight=gary+hilton

If they have enough to charge him with "Intent to defile", then I too would assume the public needs to be made more aware of the danger. That charge suggests he didn't just take her and something happened, it means he took her with the intent to harm her (It was planned). Strange behavior.

anyone know what kind of evidence leads to this charge?

Link to Press Conference today? Anyone have one? Thanks in advance. I miss a lot cause I'm on the west coast and work full time.

He's been on the loose for some time now if that 's the case. Something had to have been identified for the charge to be attempted defilement, and it has to be traceable to JM, so some preliminary DNA match might have been done. How long it takes to do a complete and then run a match to what they have on file, I don't know. My guess is that LE is focused on this case right now, not the others. Though Hannah is sadly not likely alive, there is still is some flicker of a chance. Hopefully, LE gets JM into custody and talking. Right now my hopes and prayers are that Hannah is still alive somewhere and can be found soon,

it is just as possible Hannah is alive isn't it? they didn't charge with attempted murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88