VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess that tells us something. I recall that when Jesse Matthew earned his reckless driving charge, his mom was in his car. It looks like his family is supporting him, and probably finding all sorts of interesting reasons to avoid doing the right thing.

His family is probably terrified and confused. At this point, they still believe in him. I hope they are not hiding him. Would be best if he did not tell them where he was headed, if he knew. Jmo

So imagine a guy has a friend who is a bartender in an upscale restaurant. He goes there a short time before closing with the understanding that whomever he is with (female) is to be given some drug in her drink. He leaves with a drugged young woman who not only is intended to be his victim, but that of the server as well. It is not intended to be a murder, it happens as an accident. The server might have a conscience and confess the intent of the first guy under condition of immunity. So you have intent to defile on the part of our guy if there is an arrangement known to the server who may not have participated in the act but knew about and facilitated the plan.

Parker Slaybaugh 8News

5 mins · .

‪#‎HannahGraham‬ I just spoke with a legal expert, he says the charge "abduction with intent to defile" suggests police believe evidence shows something sexual.

Thanks Charlie Chan. If evidence shows something sexual, I assume they mean DNA of some manner, right? This would be more than DNA transfer from JM putting his arm around a sweaty Hannah?

I feel so bad for her parents.

the charge specifically says abduction and attempt to defile Hannah Graham.

INTENT to defile, not "attempt". I think we all keep getting mixed up trying to figure out what it means to this case and how did they come to that determination that such a charge was appropriate.

I highly doubt sex trafficking. Surely if he was involved in that he'd know better than to take her to a bar where he was known doesn't make sense. Doesn't really make sense if he intended to murder her either but perhaps (if he is indeed responsible) that wasn't his intention when this started.
For those who think sex trafficking means she might still be alive I believe the opposite. This case is getting so much attention any "sex ring" would have disposed of her by now. JMO

While I know charges aren't a conviction, the charges are that he abducted her with the intent on committing harm, not an innocent-situation-gone-bad.

I agree. this was not something that spiraled out of control. he targeted her.

unless Tempo is where girls get handed off to other people in the ring.

Why would anyone choose a restaurant near a pedestrian mall as the ideal location for running a sex trafficking ring?
Doesn't that seem really odd?

We were told that she said she was going home that night and refused an offer from a male friend to walk her there.

It would be ironic if she didn't know or trust the male friend and thought she was safer without him. In that case, sadly, she'd have been making a sensible choice that still didn't work out.

unless Tempo is where girls get handed off to other people in the ring.

She left with him and I believe there is proof of that. Also if I remember correctly , the believe she got in his car. I think that the ring coming out of a local bar is a bit of a stretch here... of course just my opinion but this is starting to sound like Law and Order.

Here is the report of the missing person in Baton Rouge. I agree could just be a runaway.
14 arrests in undercover prostitution operation, missing person located
Posted: Sep 23, 2014 12:52 PM EDT
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Baton Rouge Police Narcotics Division conducted an early morning undercover operation involving street level prostitution. During the undercover operation, 14 arrests were made, narcotics were seized and a missing person was located.
Details about the missing person who was located has not been released at this time.

When my daughter was young, in her late teens....she trusted the neighborhoods she knew well. She would walk home alone at 2:00 a.m. even.
Whenever I found out about it, it scared me to death! But her mentality was foot loose, fancy free! I felt she could have been victimized. She paid no attention.
Perhaps HG was this trusting.

So imagine a guy has a friend who is a bartender in an upscale restaurant. He goes there a short time before closing with the understanding that whomever he is with (female) is to be given some drug in her drink. He leaves with a drugged young woman who not only is intended to be his victim, but that of the server as well. It is not intended to be a murder, it happens as an accident. The server might have a conscience and confess the intent of the first guy under condition of immunity. So you have intent to defile on the part of our guy if there is an arrangement known to the server who may not have participated in the act but knew about and facilitated the plan.

I agree that she was drugged at some point.

Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye
For those who think JM is guilty, what do you think transpired after Hannah got in the car (assuming she did)? Did she go willingly? Did she think he was driving her home? Did they both plan to go to his apartment first? What do you think happened there? What is your theory?

I think she trusted him. They spoke outside, she said she was headed to a party. He said, come back in the bar with me while I have one drink or two, then I will drop you off over there, as I know where it is. So, they went in for quick drink. They left. She does not question which way he is going, because she has already stated she is lost. When she notices they have been riding for a while and asks where they are going, he elbows her to the face, knocks her out, and takes her phone. He then continues to drive to a rural area he knows well, about 20 minutes from town, where he rapes and murders her. The end.

I posted this last night....my theory...
I hated myself for thinking this early on but I originally thought her purpose that night was to "score" weed. I also thought JM didn't come forward because he provided it. Maybe not sold just shared. Perhaps she got in car to smoke? And he got physical with her. I'm sorry if this offends. I have an 18 year old daughter. I dont mean to sully her. It was my first impression of case. I am just going back because I can't wrap my head around her roaming downtown. Had she ever done that before?

His family is probably terrified and confused. At this point, they still believe in him. I hope they are not hiding him. Would be best if he did not tell them where he was headed, if he knew. Jmo

Terrified of what ... the 32 year old man providing a witness statement about his activities with a missing girl? That is what caused him to run in the first place. Shouldn't they be scratching their heads about that? It would be best if he told his family exactly where he is (although they most likely already know) and that they negotiate a surrender with the assistance of his lawyer.

Here is the report of the missing person in Baton Rouge. I agree could just be a runaway.
14 arrests in undercover prostitution operation, missing person located
Posted: Sep 23, 2014 12:52 PM EDT
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Baton Rouge Police Narcotics Division conducted an early morning undercover operation involving street level prostitution. During the undercover operation, 14 arrests were made, narcotics were seized and a missing person was located.
Details about the missing person who was located has not been released at this time.

I wouldn't say "just a runaway". a runaway is a child with a history of abuse and neglect usually.

I am thinking they know where he is, ok? They have known his whereabouts for some time now. Here is the deal, the longer he waits to turn himself in, or better yet, if he is intentionally atte[mting to elude police after they have made it known that he was wanted for reckless driving, and now these additional charges....it may help them get bail denied for him or have a really high bond set, if they can declare him a potential flight risk. Feel free to bash...I am used to it on this thread by now....lol.

Why would anyone choose a restaurant near a pedestrian mall as the ideal location for running a sex trafficking ring?
Doesn't that seem really odd?

And one that describes itself as serving "internationally inspired, eclectic French fusion and progressive American" food. Wow, I need to go eat there!

I think I just saw someone upthread say that LE told a reporter that forensics led to today's charges. I have given JM every benefit of the doubt. However, if that is true, then as promised I will be turning on him shortly. In addition, in my eyes, it is time to turn himself in, no excuses. This is a situation that could clearly endanger others' lives--and his own. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member