VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tweet @tempcville and let them know that they put the wrong first name in their heading of the PR? They should correct that. IMO

LOL Maybe they said Heather deliberately..........Heather was never in our establishment. LOL JMO

Just speculation, but Tempo could also be trying to salvage its own liquor license and/or any fines for having served a minor. I would imagine the owners just want the spotlight off them and their staff, especially when Longo suggested they'd served someone underage. Perhaps they don't have adequate liability insurance in place to handle a potential lawsuit? Again, just speculating.

I was thinking the same thing. Recently, I was at a horse show in Warrenton with my 23 yo daughter. At the nice restaurant, she was carded despite my saying she was 23. The waitress said that the VA ABC was very very strict, and everyone under 40 gets carded. She also said that the VA ABC hires young people to go into establishments that serve liquor to see if they get carded. She said the fines were enormous and could potentially close a restaurant, they were that steep.

I tried to contact them but their website is down - crashed by people complaining about the letter, maybe?

As promised, here are a couple of pdfs and links pertaining to DNA collection. Keep in mind, the attachments are from 2011. Additional states have adopted DNA Fingerprint Act since that time.

<bbm>
NCSL DNA Database
Virginia

[...]

Arrestee DNA Analysis
§19.2-310.2:1
People arrested for violent felonies must submit a DNA sample to state officials. A probable cause hearing is required before a magistrate or grand jury. The sample is collected after the probable cause determination but prior to release from custody . Expungement of the sample is automatic.

DNA Arrestee Laws

On June 3, 2013, the United States Supreme Court ruled in Maryland v. King that a state law permitting the collection of DNA samples from arrestees is constitutional and does not violate the Fourth Amendment.

In 2009 Alonzo King was arrested on assault charges and submitted a DNA sample in cooperation with the Maryland DNA Collection Act. His sample was matched to a sample from a 2003 unsolved rape case for which he was later convicted. King argued on appeal that the Maryland DNA arrestee law violated the Fourth Amendment and the Maryland Court of Appeals ruled in his favor and set aside his conviction. Maryland appealed the ruling to the Supreme Court.

The Court found that taking a buccal (throat) swab sample for DNA is not a significant additional intrusion into an arrestee&#8217;s privacy beyond fingerprinting, a common practice at booking where detainees have a reduced expectation of privacy. The importance of a valid arrest supported by probable cause prior to testing DNA was emphasized in the ruling. Currently, 29 states have laws for the collection of DNA from individuals arrested or charged with certain crimes.
[...]

Legal Rights and Responses

If federal agents detain and arrest you, they have the authority to take DNA from you and to immediately upload it to CODIS. If local authorities arrest you, depending on the laws in your state, you may be obligated to give a DNA sample. The DNA Fingerprint Act of 2005 allows states to upload profiles to CODIS. Eleven states (Alaska, Arizona, California, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia) currently allow for involuntary DNA collection from individuals merely arrested or suspected of a crime. You should familiarize yourself with the laws in your state and if they do not provide for involuntary collection, you should consult with an attorney before submitting to a DNA test.

Usually the police need a search warrant to collect your DNA unless you have been convicted of a crime. Under federal law, the government requires people arrested for certain crimes to provide DNA samples.

Forensic Science Database | Search by State
3/27/2014

National Institute of Justice
DNA Sample Collection from Arrestees

December 7, 2012

Attachments

• DNA Arrestee Laws - State Table-2011 SEPT 2011.pdf
    37.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DNA-collection-rights.pdf
    377.1 KB · Views: 2
I am beginning to think there might be a twist once the get JM back and question him some more. I think Tempos is very key in this investigation.

I don't think Tempo is key other than to place Hannah and JM together at a certain time. I doubt it plays any other role than where JM spent the evening and doubt what he returned to do is key. He could have left an unpaid tab that he took care of when he returned. He was a regular, known there, so he could have left for a few minutes and come back after he ran into Hannah. I am not at all familiar with the place--would one be allowed even to take out drinks from there? But what does it matter if he did bring out some drinks? Another charge against JM, I guess, but she was already drunk on her own and courtesy of her classmates from earlier parties.

At this point, the crucial things are what happened to Hannah AFTER she left the mall area with JM. What did he do to and with her? Where did he drop her off, or where did she leave him? Though, sadly, I feel she was dumped off somewhere, and likely not alive, the big deal now, is where is she? Certainly not at Tempo. If JM refuses to say where they parted ways, under ANY conditions, it could be a long time before anyone finds out, if ever.

None of this is really news. It's been pretty much a given, that JM picked her up at the mall, that they were last seen at Tempo's. How LE made the jump to the car, we don't know, but we can assume they were pretty sure she went in that car with the aggressive way they were able to search and seize it. The issue now is what happened to Hannah, and most importantly where is she right now.

I am sure Longo started to say, in this case AND ...he paused and stopped.

I do not believe this is his first dead girl.

He may have honed his skills of quickly identifying women in need or that were approachable, as a Cab driver.

I think the fact that he (JM) was there earlier and then returned could be a part of the charges, the intent now makes me think that LE sees him as coming back to tempo, like he saw her after he left temp, maybe walking in her somewhat rushed state as she appeared to be and he offered to assist and she wanted alcohol and that led him back to tempo for the alcohol. If he went in and had a drink and then asked for something to go would he be sold that something to go? any local bartenders? jmo idk I that it was said that he bought liqeor to go.

The time stamps would be from when he closed out his tab, right? Maybe he was drinking or eating there, had a tab open, went outside to meet up with hannah, then closed out his tab once they got back to Tempo. Just a thought. I mean we don't know for certain that Hannah and Jesse had zero contact with each other before he put his arm around her on the mall. JMO of course, but I have friends who have met up for a drink with total strangers through Tinder. They can message each other within the app and never even have to exchange phone numbers to meet up. I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm just saying that maybe they meant to meet on the mall that night.

I agree. IMO Walking along with his arm around her waist indicated to me a level of comfort you wouldn't have with a stranger.

The Tempo time stamp on the receipt (1:10), coupled with their statement that HG was outside, suddenly makes the timing of her last text sort of interesting. Would ten minutes be enough for them to get to the car and start en route to where either he did intend to take her or where she at least thought he intended to take her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well all I can say. Again. Is the carp always (typically) comes out after an arrest.

Why does it matter if Hannah was inside Tempo or outside Tempo?
There is at least one witness who saw JM and Hannah leave together

I initially thought the same thing. But I feel like it does, b/c it would shed more light on the relationship that she and JM had. Imo, if they both went inside the bar and had a drink together (for example if that were confirmed by eyewitnesses), it would indicate they were on quite friendly terms.

Whereas, if it's true HG just stayed outside while JM was inside, then it indicates- at least to me- that it's possible they weren't that friendly, but that she was perhaps just waiting for him to give her a ride home. kwim?

I agree. IMO Walking along with his arm around her waist indicated to me a level of comfort you wouldn't have with a stranger.

Usually intoxicated folk lose their inhibitions. IMO.

Tempo HAVE just confirmed though that JM left the area with Hannah, if indeed they are telling the truth and not just trying to cover their asses to save their liquor licence.

NBC29 &#8207;@NBC29 30m
MT @TracyABC13: Authorities will conduct search for Hannah Graham in Galveston County Texas.

So they think he may have took her/her body to TX with him now?

Part of me says no way he transported her that far. But then it doesn't seem like they would search unless they had a reason to.

I think the fact that he (JM) was there earlier and then returned could be a part of the charges, the intent now makes me think that LE sees him as coming back to tempo, like he saw her after he left temp, maybe walking in her somewhat rushed state as she appeared to be and he offered to assist and she wanted alcohol and that led him back to tempo for the alcohol. If he went in and had a drink and then asked for something to go would he be sold that something to go? any local bartenders? jmo idk I that it was said that he bought liqeor to go.

Local bartender here. No he could not have been sold something to go after 12am in the state of Va. Not from a restaurant, convenience store, liquor store or any other establishment selling alcohol. No off-premise sales after midnight...... PERIOD.

He could have put a couple of longnecks in his pockets if he was sneaky enough or handed a drink over the railing while the doormans back was turned but theres no way he could have done it legally.

I hate typing this.
Jesse Matthew learned EARLY that you
1. Don't get caught
2. Don't allow an accuser to come forward

I'm not sure about that, if he was 18+ years old they may not have known, he could have said he decided to quit. I only just found out that a person in the family had a juvenile sex abuse record. You sometimes just never know till you know and then you ? everything. jmo idk

If children are over 18, the university wouldn't have to share that info with the parents.

I respect your opinion 100%. I regularly get paid to write, edit, proofread, translate press releases, & stand by my original comment. While I've never done so in this kind of situation, I have, on more than one occasion. wanted to crawl under my desk & DIE with embarrassment & shame at missing such an awful error before hitting "send". JMO.

And, never fail, you will always catch it the first read-through after publishing or hitting send.

The Tempo time stamp on the receipt (1:10), coupled with their statement that HG was outside, suddenly makes the timing of her last text sort of interesting. Would ten minutes be enough for them to get to the car and start en route to where either he did intend to take her or where she at least thought he intended to take her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, getting from the downtown mall to what we call "the corner", which is very close to the area where she said she was lost, would be very easy to do by car in 10 minutes.

I know that what I'm posting is "rumor," but I have it on very good authority that he was extremely cozy with women he didn't know at all.

Just because someone puts their arm around someone doesn't mean there is a level of comfort. It could also mean they lack boundaries.

Mod: please delete if against TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member