Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

Per Bessie's first post in this thread, article says the owner saw Jesse. HTH!

Remember Hannah was taking French classes, I think her roomates are french? she also spent time this summer in France and the owner of Tempo is from France. Maybe they knew each other?

I have no idea if they're being honest or not- I'm just saying that based on my personal experience I take that sort of thing with a big grain of kosher salt.

Yesterday that annoying Coy guy was saying they had photos of JM in the bar but not with Hannah-- well DUH- he was in the bar twice that night. Just because she wasn't with him the first time doesn't mean she wasn't there the second time.

And everyone may be being totally honest. I don't know. There is just a lot of reason here though to lie. And a lot of conflicting stories

Hi All,

I live in C-Ville, been to Tempo twice. It's snooty. It's expensive. It has tried to improve it's nightlift to compete with another restaurant right around the corner which has a roof-top bar. I don't know how a patient Technician (or whatever he called himself) could afford drinks there.... but hey, we afford the things we want.

I am confident that Tempo's press release is a CYA. It makes no sense for JM to enter the bar, arm around HG, have HG "stand outside" and wait for him to have a drink. I'm willing to bet a kidney she was inside, with him, drinking. Staff all know the risks of losing their ABC license, and all are singing the same story that "she wasn't served."

Tempo better lawyer up. Civil suits are a comin'....

I have no idea if they're being honest or not- I'm just saying that based on my personal experience I take that sort of thing with a big grain of kosher salt.

Yesterday that annoying Coy guy was saying they had photos of JM in the bar but not with Hannah-- well DUH- he was in the bar twice that night. Just because she wasn't with him the first time doesn't mean she wasn't there the second time.

And everyone may be being totally honest. I don't know. There is just a lot of reason here though to lie. And a lot of conflicting stories
I Agree
did coy ever release that article?

Then Tempo bar shouldn't release a statement saying she was absolutely not in there. They will be in all sorts of trouble if people turn round and say "...but she was."

The owner can't be blamed for lying if he believed one of his employees who was in fact lying to him.

I don't believe what Tempo said; I think if she was outside, in her well-intoxicated state, she would have continued walking around somewhere, she would not have waited. IMO

That makes no sense that she would wait outside for him while he went inside and had some drinks!!!! .why would she do that??? (Million dollar question).

Maybe this was in other threads. Hard to read all at same time. Maybe she went in to use the restroom and then waited outside. So technically that would have put her inside.

I personally find a lot of restaurants in Cville overpriced and pretentious. Some live up to their hype, but most don't.

If the reason they/he went back to tempos was so JM could pay his tab as one theory suggested, it would mean he's a known regular as, like most bars, I'm sure the don't trust unknown randomers to go off without paying their bill on a promise of him returning.

in the cctv footage-is JM coming from the direction of Tempos?

Yes, he is headed away from Tempo's in the footage from Sal's. As HG passes on the other side, he circles back around and follows her. In an earlier post in a different thread (will take me awhile to find it again), it's stated that he had been at Tempo earlier in the night, but had left sometime after midnight.

And as for the paying the tab theory, I don't think he would walk out and come back an hour later to pay a tab, especially that close to closing time. He bought drinks, but I don't think we know if they were alcoholic or if there was even more than one drink he purchased.

Hi All,

I live in C-Ville, been to Tempo twice. It's snooty. It's expensive. It has tried to improve it's nightlift to compete with another restaurant right around the corner which has a roof-top bar. I don't know how a patient Technician (or whatever he called himself) could afford drinks there.... but hey, we afford the things we want.

I am confident that Tempo's press release is a CYA. It makes no sense for JM to enter the bar, arm around HG, have HG "stand outside" and wait for him to have a drink. I'm willing to bet a kidney she was inside, with him, drinking. Staff all know the risks of losing their ABC license, and all are singing the same story that "she wasn't served."

Expensive?
Does JM fit their client profile?
who was he drinking with the first time?
where they still there the 2nd time and did they interact?

The owner can't be blamed for lying if he believed one of his employees who was in fact lying to him.

The point still stands. They shouldn't have released a statement that she was absolutely not in there if they couldn't be 100% sure. I haven't heard of other cases where bars released these kinds of statements. They may happen but it just looks bad if they are proved wrong.

Yes, he is headed away from Tempo's in the footage from Sal's. As HG passes on the other side, he circles back around and follows her. In an earlier post in a different thread (will take me awhile to find it again), it's stated that he had been at Tempo earlier in the night, but had left sometime after midnight.

And as for the paying the tab theory, I don't think he would walk out and come back an hour later to pay a tab, especially that close to closing time. He bought drinks, but I don't think we know if they were alcoholic or if there was even more than one drink he purchased.
He bought 2 beers second time in. (article at beginning of thread has more info than press release, apparently from an interview with the owner?)

I checked earlier today and didn't see one. Really starting to dislike that guy. Attention *advertiser censored* much? Vomit.

I couldn't even make it to the end of that show thing from the other day. It became obvious to me fairly quickly that he just likes the sound of his own voice and didn't actually have anything to contribute. JMO.

If I were in Hannah's parents' shoes right now, I wouldn't be thinking of suing a bar for serving my already intoxicated daughter - it's not like that one beer made her put her in jeopardy, she was already there. Sue them because they didn't help my intoxicated daughter -- well how would Tempo people know she wasn't actually with JM.

Never say never, but I think the Grahams wouldn't pursue that. MOO

Hi All,

Hi, after following missing person/murder cases for a few years, I can you
imoo that murders can happen quickly and bodies can be hidden quickly.

Right and the city is surrounded by water ways, greenbelts and very close to extensive wilderness areas.

Have no idea if this is the place to post.....
Maybe....Hannah was going to meet JM. He was at Tempo....midnight-ish. Maybe she didn't know where Tempo was and stopped to ask for directions at McGradys (sp)? Maybe someone else, a friend of hers, was handling the meeting place, time, etc. Maybe Hannah had never met JM but was given a description. So, she wasn't alarmed when he caught her & put his arm around her. Maybe relieved because she didn't mess up the meeting by being late....maybe it was about drugs. He needed to meet his dealer in Tempo....so he goes in, orders a drink, scores the drugs and off they go. Hannah thinking he's taking her to wherever her friends are waiting.....he has other plans....

tempo's post which accompanied the letter on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/tempocville

Now that Jesse Matthew, the man wanted by police in connection with the disappearance of Hannah Graham has been apprehended, the staff at Tempo Restaurant wishes to release the following statement. We do this in the hope that reviewing these details might help anyone who might have seen Hannah that night recall any information, no matter how trivial it might seem, that could help the police effort to return Hannah to her family.

Bringing part of ths information over from another thread. Local Va bartender here.

Someone asked if its possible Tempo is trying cover their posteriors

Its definitely possible.

A restaurant thats doing well only earns 1 dollar of profit for ever 10 dollars they sell in food.

The profit for alcohol is MUCH higher. A 30 dollar bottle of liquor can yield a profit of 50 dollars for each bottle sold. More for high end establishments.

Losing their liquor license for even a month could possibly put Tempo out of business....especially in a town that makes it money off of thirsty and stressed out college students.

So they have a very compelling reason to lie.....so does the bouncer if he hopes to continue his employment.

Tempo was closed for business on Monday and that is not typical for them according to their websites posted hours.

IMO this was probably an employee meeting to brief the staff about what to say to customers and reporters about their connection to HG and JLM.

The timing of this letter would not have been as suspect had it occurred before the possible meeting/ restaurant being closed on Monday.

I'm surprised from what I've seen of JM and what people are saying about Tempo (High prices, snooty), that he was a regular there. Seems a odd match to me! But what do I know.

I wonder how often JM picked up/left with girls from this bar? (just thinking out loud)

He bought 2 beers second time in. (article at beginning of thread has more info than press release, apparently from an interview with the owner?)

Really? Link please...or, where did you hear/read that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back