MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us/police-say-mike-brown-was-killed-after-struggle-for-gun.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...own-St-Louis&p=10861113&posted=1#post10861113

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-teen-Michael-Brown-2&p=10867195#post10867195

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

Thread #12

Thread #13

Thread #14

Thread #15

Thread #16

Thread #17

Thread #18

Thread #19

Thread #20

Thread #21

Thread #22

Thread #23

:modstop:

A couple of things:

1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

My gosh y'all if I spoke to an officer like that they would put me under the jail. If this is the way it has always been then no wonder the officers get no respect. These folks have an entitlement complex, and it didnt began in August. It took many years of thugs ruling the town for them to think this beahvior is okay

I have been quietly following along, too angry and stunned to comment! Are the powers that be planning on letting this go on until the mob DOES kill an officer?? FGS, the first time they threatened one they should have had a nice new pair of silver bracelets!!
These are not citizens protesting for a cause. These are hood rats that found a reason! This needs to stop!
OT....hi Minette!!! KZ, you are on a roll tonight! LOL

WARNING! TIN FOIL ALERT!

So, I am thinking that it is no coincidence that on the SAME DAY 1) Mike Brown's parents went to Washington to call for more federal involvement in the investigation, 2) Chief Jackson apologized and stated that he would NOT be resigning, and 3) Eric Holder resigned. And I think this is all leading up to a grand reveal probably tomorrow: 'no true bill.' And I'll throw in today's statements by Ron Johnson and the apparent build-up of LE resources again. It's going down soon, IMO.

END TIN FOIL.

Hey, I warned y'all! Back to our regularly scheduled program:

"No justice, no pizza!"

Er, or something like that.....

I have been quietly following along, too angry and stunned to comment! Are the powers that be planning on letting this go on until the mob DOES kill an officer?? FGS, the first time they threatened one they should have had a nice new pair of silver bracelets!!
These are not citizens protesting for a cause. These are hood rats that found a reason! This needs to stop!
OT....hi Minette!!! KZ, you are on a roll tonight! LOL

Hi, SugarQueen! Hihihi!! <3

A female voice just accused the police of "antagonizing."

I sure hope this mess disperses soon & without incident.
Goodnight.

My gosh y'all if I spoke to an officer like that they would put me under the jail. If this is the way it has always been then no wonder the officers get no respect. These folks have an entitlement complex, and it didnt began in August. It took many years of thugs ruling the town for them to think this beahvior is okay

I'm sorry but attempting to mitigate this behavior just because it hasn't resulted in physical assault *yet* is part of the problem here IMO.

^This

And the media and anyone else whose narrative wouldn't hold up will continue to turn, or pretend to have, a blind eye to it.

And so it will continue... And they'll still lay it on us to fix it. We'd need to have abused wife syndrome to swallow the load they're selling.

What did that guy put on the ground? Is it on fire?

Nice that the lady mobber in the Ferguson Freedom Fighter t-shirt took the time to put on her lipgloss before rioting! It's an occasion where one must make every effort to look their best. There may be hookups! Or, you may be without makeup in a holding cell for a while, so go out chanting and looking good!

Now it looks like they're getting tired and don't know quite what to do, so falling back on the tired slogans.

Whoever (sorry I can't remember who it was) spoke to soon about them not being in the street. Looks like they are headed that way again.

Nice that the lady mobber in the Ferguson Freedom Fighter t-shirt took the time to put on her lipgloss before rioting! It's an occasion where one must make every effort to look their best. There may be hookups! Or, you may be without makeup in a holding cell for a while, so go out chanting and looking good!

Well, if she winds up in a holding cell, I hope she has her own Maxi-pads!

IMO, Our president really needs to step up and explain the justice system, democracy, and the problem with such hate and threatening speech.

He could de-escalate things and possibly make the difference between peaceful protesting and another life lost.

IMO, Our president really needs to step up and explain the justice system, democracy, and the problem with such hate and threatening speech.

He could de-escalate things and possibly make the difference between peaceful protesting and another life lost.

Even if he did, this mob would just call him Uncle Tom.

There's no reasoning with unreasonable, willfully ignorant people bent on violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77