VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piggybacking off that, and credit to Xara for this line of thinking, would LE be likely to tell the public is there was NOT a link between JM and other cases?

My guess is no because it would take more investigating each of those cases and their concentration now is Hannah. JMO

http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

I assume y'all have seen the JLM timeline... I scrolled but so many posts, so pasting here just in case. Very interesting!

I wish we could have something like this for what Hannah was doing that night. Why on earth was she down by the mall without any of her mates? Do we know where she lived in relation to the party she was at? I'm sure she declined a male friends offer to walk her home, was the mall on her way? If not, surely her phone records would reveal if she planned to meet someone?

Sorry if this has all been covered already!

Yes, of course he said it was consensual. It's the most common defense in cases of rape by an acquaintance.

“The issue was one of consent,” said Doucette, who did not handle the complaint, but reviewed the file after Matthew emerged as a suspect in the Graham case. “Basically, the woman was saying she hadn’t consented and Matthew was saying she had.”

Liberty University has confirmed Matthew was enrolled at the college between 2000 and 2002, playing on the football team for three seasons.

“It appears [Matthew] was cooperative with police and gave police a full-detailed statement,” Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Chuck Felmlee said. “Both parties appeared to give the same statement of what happened.”

Police did not find any forensic evidence or eyewitness accounts to support the alleged victim’s claims, he said.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/sus...cle_48ebdba0-4501-11e4-a3ac-001a4bcf6878.html

bbm

Seems like an odd statement. They both gave the same account and charges weren't pursued. What am I missing here???

I wish we could have something like this for what Hannah was doing that night. Why on earth was she down by the mall without any of her mates? Do we know where she lived in relation to the party she was at? I'm sure she declined a male friends offer to walk her home, was the mall on her way? If not, surely her phone records would reveal if she planned to meet someone?
Sorry if this has all been covered already!

Oops, hit send too soon. Here's a thread dedicated to her movements:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?257778-Hannah-s-Journey-on-09-13

JMO She went on her odyssey ALONE from the start, so I'm not sure that anyone knew what her plans were. Supposedly she was texting periodically, but LE has not released those texts. JMO

No. But I've not seen one post indicating that without any doubt, he absolutely must be a serial killer or serial rapist. It's speculation based on behavior and fact. And I think it is far from illogical to imagine this to be a real possibility.
Well, can we agree to disagree then? In my mind it is illogical.

I know how you guys wanting the general threads kept feel. My first experience with sub-forums was when I was a newbie following the Mickey Shunick case. When they first went to sub-forums, I feared that I would never find my way around and would lose many of my new "friends" here. But after only a day or so, I was breezing through them, and still sharing ideas with all of the same folks I had been earlier. After using them now through several cases here, I will admit that I actually like them. Each sub-forum keeps a particular theme so that you dont encounter so many people "chasing rabbits" and getting threads derailed for hours at a time. Some of you may be old enough to remember the commercial on tv....can't remember what it was for, but the catch phrase was "Tryyyyy it....you'll like it!" JMO

It also makes it a lot easier to research info later on. Whether that's 2 weeks from now or when the case goes to trial... There's a method to the madness.

I live in Texas, less than 60 miles from where JM was arrested. I have been following this case from the beginning and my jaw literally dropped in shock when I heard on the presser that he had been arrested so close to me. Someone may have already posted this link, but this is one of our local news stories that states he is believed to have also been in Lumberton, Texas which is only about 15 miles from me. Like all of us, I cannot stop thinking about HG and wondering what the outcome will be.

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/2663...s-about-how-she-helped-end-a-national-manhunt

That time may be an untruth by LE. We saw this in the Baby Lisa case. . .wrong time of a text given to the public by LE in hopes of luring the POI into a false sense of security.

BBM. This is exactly what I've come to believe about the original police description of the short-haired black man in pants that LE gave to the public in this HG case. It's too far from the dreads and shorts. Almost opposite from the dreads. I think it was a way for JM to feel free. My guess is that they already had their eye on JM. Remember the Sal's footage almost visually "bracketed" him (in that he was at the start, at the end and that was the way they cut the video). AND I remember that the WG witness didn't come forward- although he'd tried- for a couple of days.

My bests are that had some other eye witnesses at that point that placed JM as suspect. My guess is by the time 2 days had gone by they'd done some quick research and found him to be oddly/coincidentally? connected to some specifics around a certain other case in Oct of '09.

Question: many of the vets here are letting us newbies know that any additional evidence may or most like will not be shared with general public, which is good to know. But what about DNA evidence linking him to any other cases? Will they at least tell us they have something and announce additional charges?

IMO we would know. There would be more charges. The family would need to know. They already came out a few days ago and stated there was no connection with JM and Alexis Murphy case. Only because folks were wondering. The convicted perp stated Alexis was at his trailer but left with corn row dude.

I live in Texas, less than 60 miles from where JM was arrested. I have been following this case from the beginning and my jaw literally dropped in shock when I heard on the presser that he had been arrested so close to me. Someone may have already posted this link, but this is one of our local news stories that states he is believed to have also been in Lumberton, Texas which is only about 15 miles from me. Like all of us, I cannot stop thinking about HG and wondering what the outcome will be.

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/2663...s-about-how-she-helped-end-a-national-manhunt

WOW the plate on that car does not look like VAC???? ? But the plate of the blue Datsun did start w VAC. Am I seeing things, or rather, not seeing things? JMO

Some of you may be old enough to remember the commercial on tv....can't remember what it was for, but the catch phrase was "Tryyyyy it....you'll like it!" JMO

OT- Well, I don't know when it first came out, but I'm depressingly old enough to remember it for sure :shame: I think it was for Alka-Seltzer.

IMO we would know. There would be more charges. The family would need to know. They already came out a few days ago and stated there was no connection with JM and Alexis Murphy case. Only because folks were wondering. The convicted perp stated Alexis was at his trailer but left with corn row dude.

Same with the Hannah's case and the Harrington case though, right? People are wondering. So wouldn't they want to tell the public that JM's DNA does not match the DNA of Morgan's killer? Or is it different because there is a conviction in the Murphy case and none in the Harrington case?

Same with the Hannah's case and the Harrington case though, right? People are wondering. So wouldn't they want to tell the public that JM's DNA does not match the DNA of Morgan's killer? Or is it different because there is a conviction in the Murphy case and none in the Harrington case?
I'm sure they would regardless. They would be eager to solve some cold cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01