GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearby news in the state- 5news. Just recapping everything. Showing surveillance video of him. 911 call. Talking about neighbors-noticed weight loss and recently shaved his head. Now talking about criminal past. Said he was an escape risk. Now onto search of her.

I wonder if the neighbor tipped off LE when she heard about Beverly being missing and that helped put Arron on their radar?

I didn't hear them say it in this case (but they really said very little from the get go) but in nearly every case we hear LE or media say to remember if you notice a change in appearance or behavior, or someone having new scratches or bruises to let them know.

Arron had ALL these things true of him. In a matter of hours. And someone noticed...at least enough to say it now.

Maybe she remembered hearing that and told LE once Beverly's story got out there? :thinking: Something had him on their radar pretty quickly, and we at least know it's not that his criminal past gave any indications of him escalating to abduction.

I don't know...just has me thinking.

The lock..
Could it possibly be what she bashed him in the face with? I know he was in an accident, but have they specifically said it caused the injury to his face? His nose looks broken, but I could be wrong. If he got the blood to stop, it could easily start bleeding again just like that, upon impact. He could have been cleaning his blood off of the wheel/driver's side.

Her husband said she always calls before showing a house, for safety reasons. She was also weary enough to make sure she had a lot of daylight..for safety reasons. There has to be some sort of training a real estate agent goes through, to prepare for different situations. Their job is to be alone with a stranger in an empty house. I'd imagine they would be taught what to do if you're stuck alone with someone who has bad intentions. I don't know.. Just a thought. I apologize if this has already been covered.

Not at all the outcome we wanted to hear. Continuing to pray for the family. Thanks for posting!

8 hours? Seems like a lot for a guy like this, but what do I know? It is possible he has an accomplice and they are being careful about getting details so that they can get Beverly back alive.

Please let this poor woman still be alive. For once I want to see a "good" outcome in one of these cases.

The longer the interrogation went on the more I was wondering that....

As in maybe he handed her off to someone else who is holding her and perhaps he truly technically doesn't know where, but does know who (and thus likely knowing where) but thinks he can outsmart LE on a technicality or semantics game. :dunno: I mean, he clearly[/] thinks he's 'all that'

His almost boasting about his record and laying it all out there on FB certainly makes him seem like the sort that thinks he is so clever, and would love nothing more to think he's going to show everyone how he outsmarted them in a someday down the road, future FB post he's been delusion ally crafting in his head. :crazy:

The reiteration from them this even when they also said if it was 3 am they'd still be out there based on anything he said, and reiterating he holds the key to her location, temporarily made me discount that whole scenario for a bit and think it had to be ruled out.

But really, HE would still hold the key even if he isn't the one that put her somewhere if he handed her off to another. He'd just be the key to her location if they don't know who that person is.

And if he really was a POI before the crash (those back and forths are such a mess!) maybe they were letting him stay out (and also not saying they had a POI) in order to tail him in the hopes he'd lead them to her? Then the crash happened and they just decided they had enough (maybe fearing him being reckless like that might jeopardize the odds of her being found alive.)

So he hasn't asked for an attorney, but eight hours later still hasn't told where Beverly is? What is this guy doing? Cat & mouse game? Someone enlighten me as to what he thinks he can gain by playing games?

I wonder if he knows that they've brought C into this? :thinking:

Let him drone on, get tired, then use her to try to wear him down?

goodness knows he likely didn't sleep much last night and also had quite the day Sunday.

I mean the crash, the hospital sneak out, the having to get himself away from there. The stealing the truck, plus having to avoid being seen since his face was ALL over the place (and in a small town really), plus having his entire street looking for him and being almost on patrol all night (and you KNOW the KG person probably made sure they ALL knew what she had seen by then!) So then having to hide out, plus likely physically feeling lousy from the crash, and likely trying to do all of the above with a whopper of a headache from his head smashing into the windshield, probably not having slept well going into it all wondering if the cops were onto him the days before, and trying to figure out what to do come daybreak when he'd be even easier to spot, well... :crazy:

The dude has got to crash, slip up, or break after awhile.

And maybe waiting till he was near that point and say they are going to charge C with something he would talk... :thinking:

Not to spare her, probably...He seems to view women as disposable. But knowing they'd likely lessen HER charges if SHE talks first, and him only wanting to save himself and so talking first to remove that possibility.

A spokesman with the Pulaski County Sheriff's Department confirmed to KATV that the dead body of missing realtor Beverly Carter has been located.

Carter's body was located near Highway 5 in North Pulaski county in the early hours of Tuesday.

KATV will have live reports with more information from Marine Glisovic starting at 5:00 AM on Daybreak.

http://www.katv.com/story/26660794/authorities-body-of-beverly-carter-found

Aaron Michael Lewis, 33, has been apprehended and admitted to the kidnapping after being questioned by police, Minden said. Lewis did not admit to murder and did not provide any details about Carter's whereabouts, Minden said.

Lewis is scheduled to appear in court this morning and faces a charge of capital murder, Minden said.

Carter, 50, is survived by her husband of more than 30 years, Carl, as well as two grown sons and four grandchildren, with another grandchild on the way. :cry:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/body-arkansas-real-estate-agent-found/story?id=25854935

@MattMershonKATV: Awaiting details on how deputies found Beverly Carter's body. Was told not from information gleaned from Arron Lewis. http://t.co/x5XQIor5Hk

So sad...this was one time I really was having hopes it seemed she would be found alive...:-(

Dadgum it. This world is so mean.

Rest in Peace, Beverly. Prayers for your family and friends.

According to Lt. Carl Minden of the Pulaski Co. Sheriff's Office, PCSO Investigators obtained information that led them to the 12100 block of Hwy 5 (Cabot city address in Pulaski County). Investigators located a body in a shallow grave on the property. The body was identified as Beverly Carter. The family was then notified of the finding.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/story/d/...-realtor-beverly/53625/iQbny9Ug9UWfv-giiv0FBA

Another horrible ending...RIP..prayers to the family.

Oh no :(. RIP, Beverly Carter. We didn't know you, but your beautiful personality shows through loud and clear through your photos. I hope this receives the ultimate penalty for taking such a beautiful life :(.

I was so hoping we would all wake up to good news. This is heartbreaking and so senseless. Just a normal person going about their day, tending to her work and family. It makes me sick. RIP Beautiful Beverly - my prayers are with all of those who loved her so dearly.:rose:

So he possibly called another real estate agent about this home and they referred him to beverly? Is this right?

So he possibly called another real estate agent about this home and they referred him to beverly? Is this right?

I was thinking about this today...

He could have just called himself saying he was referred by someone - picking a random agent name from online in the area fom which he said they were oming into Scott from, just saying so and so had referred him.

Or even given the name of someone he knew who knew her, saying, "A friend (pick someone from her FB or a true mutual acquaintance) said you were so helpful in the process of buying/selling their home and suggested you as you know the area..."

It'd explain being more trusting (plus cash buyer so not maybe running a check she would have otherwise) plus a "referral" that couldn't be traced back to tie to anyone else, thus Arron taking the loophole of someone knowing who her out of town couple was entirely out of the equation since no one had actually referred her.

I could see a small town name type connection, and what may have been a sort of last minute appointment (since from what her son said makes it seem her plan to bring home dinner came up in the context of doing so after the showing - which she could have said she would do in the morning of she knew there was that 530 appointment starting out her day) explain a referral source that may never be found. Because he could have crafted it all up...

@MattMershonKATV: Awaiting details on how deputies found Beverly Carter's body. Was told not from information gleaned from Arron Lewis. http://t.co/x5XQIor5Hk

Wow, another arrest coming? Has the wife been booked yet? (Sorry, didn't read the last 4 or 5 pages).

But if he had the scratches on Thursday, and was washing mud off his truck, that leaves a very very small window depending on what time this neighbor saw him cleaning his vehicle. I hope she/he is mistaken and it was Friday. Thing would have had to escalate rapid rapid rapid, and then he got stuck, got unstuck and cleaned his truck with scratches. The timeline seems off on this for the mud or scratches to have come from the alleged kidnapping/abduction.

She agreed to talk to THV11, but requested that only her initials be used to identify her. When she woke up from a nap Thursday afternoon, she says she had a missed call from him.

"He was trying to get a hold of me Thursday afternoon to help get him out of a mud hole that he got stuck in," said G.C.

She says he told her what he was calling about when she saw him later that day washing mud off of his vehicle in his driveway.
"He was not smiling," said G.C. "He had scratches on his face."

She also noticed his shaved head. She says when she saw Lewis Thursday morning he had hair.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...rter-realtor-kidnapping-arron-lewis/16449117/

There was talk yesterday afternoon about the tim eline not making sense in regards to him calling his neighbor about the stuck truck, her talking to him about the text, him washing the truck down, etc........

What was confusing was that Bev supposedly left at 5:30 and it gets dark at 7:00, so how could all of this have happened per the neighbors statement ?

I got my little peabrain to working on it last night after I logged off and was watching the game. This probably isn't what anybody wants to hear, but I think it is a likely scenario.

1) AL was seen earlier in the day....WITH hair and possible goatee.

2) AL called his neighbor to come help him get his truck unstuck.

3) His neighbor was napping and missed the call.

STOP----the events above happened BEFORE he met with Beverly that afternoon---he was preparing the site where he was going to take her. Wherever the site is, he got stuck either going back and forth to it, or he got stuck at the site itself. He wasn't worried about someone coming to help him, because at that point nothing had happened yet.

4) AL managed to somehow get his pickup unstuck........(did someone help him, if so, where was it stuck ?)

5) AL meets Beverly at the Home for sale--------his truck would have still had mud on it, he would have been seen by neighbors close to the foreclosure
location, and he would still have hair.

6) Later that afternoon---neighbor saw him washing off truck, not smiling, and had scratches on his face. He had shaved his head bald and was clean
shaven. This would have occurred sometime between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.----just prior to dark-thirty.

7) Later that night, towards midnight, AL gets on her phone and sends texts to the husband either to just be plain mean and torture him, or because he
views it as a way to delay a missing persons report being filed. Who really knows what his reasoning might have been ?

When reviewing the neighbors comments per the linked article above, this scenario and the timeline above do actually make sense. I think the most encouraging part is that "the site" must have been fairly close to both the foreclosed home and his residence.

The time frame between when he met Beverly, and when he was seen back at home cleaning his truck is very short---30 min. to an hour max., most likely before dark, since his neighbor referred to it as "later that afternoon". She didn't say, "later that night", giving the impression it was after dark.

Now, where is this "site" ?? Somewhere between that foreclosure and his residence on whatever main road would tie them together.
Is it an old barn? An old abandon farmhouse ? Did he dig a hole in the soft ground ? Could she be down in an old cellar ?
Wherever it is, it is muddy getting there and muddy getting back out, thus it would be a dirt road or a driveway not heavily traveled.

I think it is an area he is familiar with. He would view it as a very good hiding place due to the remoteness. It must be fairly accessible though, or he wouldn't have asked people to come and try to pull him out of the mud, in other words, he thought other vehicles could both find him and get to his truck with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member