GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video that has been released is all any of us has along with PPD statements to the media

A surveillance camera released by police showed her walking with a man in the parking garage before the two went in separate directions.
http://crime.about.com/od/missing/fl/Missing-Person-Christina-Morris.htm

Police quickly located Morris' vehicle still in the parking garage. They say her cell phone is either

turned off or her battery is dead. Her cell phone's last usage was traced to The Shops At Legacy

mall.
That was 4 days later, correct? So in those 4 days that car sat there even though she came with friends (?) and nobody took notice. There is no video surveillance where her car was parked for whatever reason to prove she was at her car . So now the possibilities must include : she never made it to her car and was abducted by someone or she left the area on her own or she voluntarily went with an unknown/unseen individual. Now can we break down each scenario and determine with known facts (known to us that is) the plausibility of each one? Unfortunately without all the facts of the case this is harder than tying a knot with your toes.
Has her walking to the garage friend been through a lie detector test yet because I would really like to see if he's involved or not. A random stranger abduction at the time it had to take place is a long shot in my book.

That was 4 days later, correct? So in those 4 days that car sat there even though she came with friends (?) and nobody took notice. There is no video surveillance where her car was parked for whatever reason to prove she was at her car . So now the possibilities must include : she never made it to her car and was abducted by someone or she left the area on her own or she voluntarily went with an unknown/unseen individual. Now can we break down each scenario and determine with known facts (known to us that is) the plausibility of each one? Unfortunately without all the facts of the case this is harder than tying a knot with your toes.
Has her walking to the garage friend been through a lie detector test yet because I would really like to see if he's involved or not. A random stranger abduction at the time it had to take place is a long shot in my book.

I'm with you.
Random abduction...not a chance IMO.
The walker did not take poly (from what has been released)
The car parked in the garage unnoticed and untouched for four days...red flag.

O/T My son and friend spent the weekend at a friend's apartment. They parked their car in a parking complex (shopping mall). The next morning the car was gone. Towed. Not allowed to park overnight.

IMO PPD knows little, more than us, but little. MY experiences over 25yrs. is that they aren't investigators and that they are simplistic. An optimist will say that they are on top of it and just biding time, but I'm a pessimist. Is there ANYONE who can look at what they have done here and say 'well done'? No clues, no evidence, no public warning or much communication...

Last year their big bust outside of the norm was shutting down a few 'rub and tug' massage parlors, the prior year it was a few bookies. The common denominator in those two cases was the case originated outside of Plano and PPD followed through on their end of a network. My opinion is that the PPD does normal police activities when necessary, but the way in which they are 'DIFFERENT' is that they are 'all in' to the 'revenue for the city model'. If their cameras and basic police work doesn't solve the crime, they are just some guys/girls asking questions like you and me. So, IMO, if a body doesn't show up or unless something else happens to bring in experts, I'm not holding out hope that they are going to solve anything. Again, I'm a pessimist.

Good Morning Doj1234;

I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of the Plano PD. If they thought they were "out of their league," I don't doubt they would seek help outside their department.

It has now been thirty days since Christina was last seen. There are no clues or evidence that she was taken against her will. The area has been searched and many people questioned.

Maybe the Plano PD doesn't think a crime has been committed??? Just throwing out this idea. I am open to other thoughts and opinions. :twocents:

IMHO

Good Morning Doj1234;

I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of the Plano PD. If they thought they were "out of their league," I don't doubt they would seek help outside their department.

It has now been thirty days since Christina was last seen. There are no clues or evidence that she was taken against her will. The area has been searched and many people questioned.

Maybe the Plano PD doesn't think a crime has been committed??? Just throwing out this idea. I am open to other thoughts and opinions. :twocents:

IMHO
Like I said, I am choosing to be a pessimist. I can't see how you can look at what PPD has done and say 'well done'. There is NO evidence of anything BIGGER that they are pursuing in regards to this case as some have offered, IMO, you have been watching too much crime drama on TV if you do. It's possible that they don't think a crime has been committed, but what has been offered publicly is an 'empty blank stare', essentially saying 'idk, but if anyone comes up with anything, we'll look into it'. And in an inconsistent way, out of the other side of their mouth saying that they have many investigators working on it and that she didn't vanish into thin air. My suggestion is that if they were more effective, energetic and transparent, they might have a clue or evidence at this point. But, because they are where they are, they really can't go to another agency with more expert resources because they're a month into it and they haven't proven or disproven that a crime was committed. How do they go asking for help when Christina could simply be camping out at the State Park?

Here's another candle for Christina (can never have too many candles can we?)

candle-animated.gif

Like I said, I am choosing to be a pessimist. I can't see how you can look at what PPD has done and say 'well done'. There is NO evidence of anything BIGGER that they are pursuing in regards to this case as some have offered, IMO, you have been watching too much crime drama on TV if you do. It's possible that they don't think a crime has been committed, but what has been offered publicly is an 'empty blank stare', essentially saying 'idk, but if anyone comes up with anything, we'll look into it'. And in an inconsistent way, out of the other side of their mouth saying that they have many investigators working on it and that she didn't vanish into thin air. My suggestion is that if they were more effective, energetic and transparent, they might have a clue or evidence at this point. But, because they are where they are, they really can't go to another agency with more expert resources because they're a month into it and they haven't proven or disproven that a crime was committed. How do they go asking for help when Christina could simply be camping out at the State Park?

Remember a couple of weeks ago when the formal search was all of a sudden called off? I believe some crucial information was received that led LE to think there was no crime committed. There have been many rabbit trails in this case. It sounds like you have had a closer connection with the Plano PD. Maybe they have slipped in their competency? I did move away a year ago...

Good Morning Doj1234;

IMHO

:seeya: Hi WB! I'm giving PD the benefit of the doubt. Like Officer Tilley said, "We're behind the 8-ball here. She has been missing for 4 days." I'm at this point too - no clues or evidence that she was taken against her will so I have to entertain the thought that perhaps she did decide to leave willingly. That's not my #1 idea though. I don't think she would willingly leave her doggy or her family - but again I can't crawl into her mind and know what emotional state she was in Saturday morning at 4 a.m. on August the 30th. She left with someone she knew that's why no sign of a struggle - that's what I feel at this time. What happened next, I do not know. I just wish Christina could come home today.

Remember a couple of weeks ago when the formal search was all of a sudden called off? I believe some crucial information was received that led LE to think there was no crime committed. There have been many rabbit trails in this case. It sounds like you have had a closer connection with the Plano PD. Maybe they have slipped in their competency? I did move away a year ago...

I believe TES came in and searched the 12 mile radius that is their normal operating procedure. The family and friends did what looked to be an excellent search at Allen and the lake. They looked to be searching for Christina heart and soul - garbage bins, rough terrain, etc. TES used the drones and covered a lot of area. I don't know if all the images were looked at yet, but they seemed to be watching monitors as the drones were operating so maybe just a double check of the pictures before they where shredded. Tim said Equusearch would be back if other areas were thought to be in need of searching. The family is trying to raise money for a higher reward for information leading to Christina. From an earlier article, BF and friends were offering to take polys, but LE refused. It's an odd case for sure, but that is not LE's fault. The circumstances and lack of a good timeline make me think something/someone is not passing the sniff test.

This is the the one reason I am confused.. No sign of any struggle.. She left with someone SHE knew...
JMO...Is this person a new secret friend,lover? Girl or Guy..nobody knows. Perhaps it is someone that she was attracted to recently from work..after-all it is a paid dating service.

In a weird way I think that they are competent. I think that they are competent in the areas that their leadership has built them. But, I don't believe that they are effective in a case like this. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to generate any justification to invite other agencies into the mix. So, CM (her family) is unlucky here. Unless she really is camping out at a state park. But, there is no evidence that she is or isn't dead, being held, or enjoying a nice morning camping at the park.

Can anyone see or find out if there is any new information about CM or her disappearance???

I can't explain why, but today I have started thinking that LE does know what happened here but it is being kept under wraps so the retailer doesn't have to face liability because it happened on their property, and so the town doesn't lose their reputation of being so "safe".

I just do. not. believe. that the short video clip of two people walking to the parking garage is really the only video surveillance of her that night.

LE made the statement about the three cars very early. LE may have the information they need now but aren't releasing the information. It takes times to examine all the video and gather more video from other locations to determine if relevant information can be pieced together. If Plano turned the video over to the FBI, that would add time too.

The fact LE hasn't asked for help from the public makes me think they at least know the names of the car owners and have spoken to them.

The PI's instructions aren't a secret. Officer Tilley stated eight people are working on the case and the FBI is available if needed. In this case, for some reason, they're not sharing any evidence.

We are told three cars left the garage after she entered. We are also told the footage is too grainy to really distinguish anything notable.
If we can see a small shoulder strap on CM, why wouldn’t we be able to see if someone was in a passenger seat or NOT!

It's also difficult to accept PPD is "doing all they can" by comparison with the investigations recently with Hannah Graham and Beverly Knox.

In a weird way I think that they are competent. I think that they are competent in the areas that their leadership has built them. But, I don't believe that they are effective in a case like this. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to generate any justification to invite other agencies into the mix. So, CM (her family) is unlucky here. Unless she really is camping out at a state park. But, there is no evidence that she is or isn't dead, being held, or enjoying a nice morning camping at the park.

She weighed 95 lbs. Someone could easily have picked her up and taken her without any signs of a struggle.

Another question I have is what is the point of all the security cameras if they don't work and even if they do, the footage is.so poor cars can't be differentiated between? (Remember LE said they had 3 cars that left after Christina but they couldn't tell what kind of cars they were?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks