JLM: Other Possible Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via Parker Slaybaugh 8News:
HANNAH GRAHAM BREAKING: Christopher Newport says in a statement regarding Jesse Matthew Jr. "Christopher Newport University has determined that there is a single file responsive to your inquiry regarding infractions against Matthew issued by University Police."

This means at one time an investigation was open into Matthew while he was a student there. The school will not say what the investigation was about, or if it was the reason he left the school after only 9 months.

SPREAD THIS

"Im no where near caught up but i just wanted to say this Autumn Wind Day I think is a real possible one to look into. I think Cassandra Morton is a good one to look at.

cases with low probability basically because there is already a real good suspect:

Dashad smith
Joan Cook
Heather Hodges
Alexia Murphy
Samantha "

If there was another rape at Newport then I am seriously going to lose my sheet. This is criminal. Absolutely criminal. All the people at these colleges who talked victims out of pressing charges, or who thought that an apt punishment for rape is being kicked out of the university, ought to face criminal charges.

When all this comes out, then I demand the names of all the people at these colleges who gladly assisted this rapist/serial killer in his quest to get more women to victimize. Any person who knowingly tries to prevent a rape from being prosecuted ought to be charged with a very serious crime.

We desperately need an overall of this asinine system where some bonehead at the college with no training or authority gets to be judge and jury for a very serious felony!

To same I am livid right now would be an understatement.

/okay might head outside and do some weed whacking.

"Im no where near caught up but i just wanted to say this Autumn Wind Day I think is a real possible one to look into. I think Cassandra Morton is a good one to look at.

cases with low probability basically because there is already a real good suspect:

Dashad smith
Joan Cook
Heather Hodges
Alexia Murphy
Samantha "

I'm wondering about Dashad too though. JM may have gotten rid of that other guy to make it seem like he did it. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW HE GOT BY WITH SO MUCH CRAP!!! I could get a ticket and they look at me for the rest of the year....lol Is he smart or are the other people stupid? That is the question!!!!

With evidence of horrendous violence.

I would be shocked if it was not him. Think of the likelihood. Most women who are victims of homicide are killed by a male sexual partner. I assume that in the Morton case, those people were ruled out. Then what's left? Homicide as part of robbery? Yeah but those people generally do not dump the body. To me that leaves rapist/serial killer as most likely. And we know this guy likes fall, being extra brutal, and would have been familiar with that area.

If there was another rape at Newport then I am seriously going to lose my sheet. This is criminal. Absolutely criminal. All the people at these colleges who talked victims out of pressing charges, or who thought that an apt punishment for rape is being kicked out of the university, ought to face criminal charges.

When all this comes out, then I demand the names of all the people at these colleges who gladly assisted this rapist/serial killer in his quest to get more women to victimize. Any person who knowingly tries to prevent a rape from being prosecuted ought to be charged with a very serious crime.

We desperately need an overall of this asinine system where some bonehead at the college with no training or authority gets to be judge and jury for a very serious felony!

This guy must be a poet because obviously he had a way with words because he talked so many people out of turning him in...this is getting crazier by the day!!!!

This guy must be a poet because obviously he had a way with words because he talked so many people out of turning him in...this is getting crazier by the day!!!!

He was just a football player with a superficial charm and an "aw shucks" persona that actually works on a lot of people. Personally, due to what I believe might be a mild case of aspergers or something, I never trust people who do the whole "look how gentle and sweet I am" act. It reeks of covering up an underlying sociopath to me.

Besides, no one at the college, and I mean no one, should have talked to this guy about the case at all. And they especially should not have talked to the victim.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but Bonnie Santiago disappeared this summer in July. She is from this area around Cville.

Although she's in her 50's and doesn't really seem to fit his profile, but we never know.

Hey Fireweed,

Please remember that not all allegations of rape are substantiated. The legal system protects both the defendant and the plaintiff. If a victim does not help to preserve evidence through the use of a rape kit, not showering, taking photos, etc., then the court will have little to go on. A case based on heresay will go nowhere and be thrown out; resulting in only legal bills, ruined reputations (possibly on both sides), and more pain. Evidence matters; court cases are based on evidence; not accusations.

You rant is indicative of a larger problem; that we do not take a measured approach to evaluating evidence, protecting both parties from slander and libel, and most importantly, withholding judgment until a legal verdict is reached. We need to do a better job at educating everyone on what to do post-assault to ensure justice can be reached. When a victim does not press charges (for whatever reason) all a school can do to CYA is expel the accused. That expulsion is not proof of guilt.

Brittanee Drexel disappeared April 2009 during her spring break vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC. Last seen walking on Ocean Boulevard.....

Hey Fireweed,

Please remember that not all allegations of rape are substantiated. The legal system protects both the defendant and the plaintiff. If a victim does not help to preserve evidence through the use of a rape kit, not showering, taking photos, etc., then the court will have little to go on. A case based on heresay will go nowhere and be thrown out; resulting in only legal bills, ruined reputations (possibly on both sides), and more pain. Evidence matters; court cases are based on evidence; not accusations.

You rant is indicative of a larger problem; that we do not take a measured approach to evaluating evidence, protecting both parties from slander and libel, and most importantly, withholding judgment until a legal verdict is reached. We need to do a better job at educating everyone on what to do post-assault to ensure justice can be reached. When a victim does not press charges (for whatever reason) all a school can do to CYA is expel the accused. That expulsion is not proof of guilt.

BBM. That was my entire point. A college is not the freaking legal system. It a school. It is not set up to handle rape cases. The college should have nothing to do with these cases. It should all go straight to the police and they should handle it. I am well aware as to how the legal system may or may not result in a conviction (I am a lawyer after all). I am perfectly content with the very real possibility that JLM's accuser may not have gotten very far no matter what, but no administrator at the college should be mediating this stuff! It is a serious crime and if a girl goes to someone on a college campus to say that a football player raped her, then the police should be called immediately.

This has come up so many times: a student accuses another student of rape and the college deals with it internally. That is not how our system is supposed to work! A college has no jurisdiction over such matters. It does not have its own legal system. It is just a school.

We can't find out info about college students charged with crimes on college campuses because that would violate federal privacy laws; however, if these people committed a crime outside of campus and were charged we would know because it's public record... Is this correct?

Why do campuses have their own police forces? Why aren't the colleges under the jurisdiction of the town they are in?

Having the campuses police themselves doesn't seem very safe to me.

I am curious- did JLM indeed play his last game at CNU on 09/06/2003? Sophie May Rivera was last seen the following day 09/07/2003. Maybe games amp him up? Just a thought.

We can't find out info about college students charged with crimes on college campuses because that would violate federal privacy laws; however, if these people committed a crime outside of campus and were charged we would know because it's public record... Is this correct?

Why do campuses have their own police forces? Why aren't the colleges under the jurisdiction of the town they are in?

Having the campuses police themselves doesn't seem very safe to me.

ITA. Colleges should not have their own police, and it seems rather obvious to me that colleges have no problem interfering in rape cases and basically acting as mediator so that the girl will drop the accusation.

A friend of mine was accused of rape (falsely - went to trial and acquitted after 5 minutes of deliberations). He and the woman both went to the same college, but the woman said that he raped off campus. The top admins at the college made him come in for meetings and interviews on a couple of occasions, and they would have gone further except he started bring two attorneys with him. Again, I ask, how is it possible that the college thinks they have any right to interfere?

Just one final thought: my friend was falsely accused of the rape. He was asked repeatedly to leave the school and he refused. He was told that if he just left then they could get the woman to drop the whole thing. He refused. He demanded a jury trial because he knew they see through her lies (they did). Think about it. Had he been of weaker conviction, then he would have been asked to leave college (where he was doing research) and his academic career would have been over.

My point is that leaving serious felonies to the jurisdiction of the real police is beneficial for the accused as well.

Lauren disappeared in JUNE...no football then, and her school is not even in the same NCAA Division as the schools he played for. They are immensely different in size of enrollment.

Duh I guess maybe he would have to be at away baseball game (sorry)

LE has searched at lest twice for Hannah at Carter Mountain orchard, which is near where Bonnie was last seen, so they may be thinking the same thing. Bonnie was last seen at about 1am on July 12.

Another woman also went missing near Charlottesville this summer. (Janet) Renee Field, 49, was last on July 2 by her husband at home and her car was found 20 miles away in the Zion Crossroads park and ride lot. Zion Crossroads is about 17 miles east of Charlottesville.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?248908-VA-Janet-Renee-Field-49-Fluvanna-2-July-2014
(she looks kind of like Karen from Galveston who spotted LJM on the beach)

Apologies if this has already been posted, but Bonnie Santiago disappeared this summer in July. She is from this area around Cville.

Although she's in her 50's and doesn't really seem to fit his profile, but we never know.

I honestly don't think he was "grandstanding", rather passionately appealing to the public to get them emotionally involved in this case to try and both find Hannah and receive evidence. And it worked as CPD got around 1000 tips and had around 75 or more eyewitnesses report to them.

If you notice when they had their POI his manner changed as he was appealing to JM to come forward.

I think he's a fantastic orator and a passionate, proactive LE officer.

yeah but still he let him get away. That was super sloppy and it should really be reviewed how in the world they would have let this happen. A person that dangerous to get away without even a chase ?

some of the worse police work I ever heard of and he is responsible for it.

He could have escaped forever , we are so fortunate that he was caught so quickly in Texas.

He was just a football player with a superficial charm and an "aw shucks" persona that actually works on a lot of people. Personally, due to what I believe might be a mild case of aspergers or something, I never trust people who do the whole "look how gentle and sweet I am" act. It reeks of covering up an underlying sociopath to me.

Besides, no one at the college, and I mean no one, should have talked to this guy about the case at all. And they especially should not have talked to the victim.

If he had aspergers he would not go up and touch people in fact he would never want to be touched so very little possibility of that being true. People who have aspergers also are very anti social and JLM seems to have enjoyed a very social life style.

People with anti social personality disorder or aka sociopaths are shallow people who have no apathy or true emotions they only pretend to have any at all. So being sweet is an act as they are often very good actors.

But not all people with anti social personality disorder are bad people \

yeah but still he let him get away. That was super sloppy and it should really be reviewed how in the world they would have let this happen. A person that dangerous to get away without even a chase ?

some of the worse police work I ever heard of and he is responsible for it.

He could have escaped forever , we are so fortunate that he was caught so quickly in Texas.

I feel sure that Chief Longo wanted to hold JM as soon as JM came into the Police Station asking about an attorney, but the Commonwealth Attorney felt that there wasn't quite enough evidence to justify holding JM. JMO I am flabbergasted that someone driving a Nissan Sentra could go fast enough to elude police, or to cause them to terminate pursuit. No disrespect intended, but I mean c'mon, I used to drive a Nissan Sentra, and getting it up to speed to safely merge onto the highway was no easy thing. Did the have the bike patrol police following him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahaffner