GUILTY TX - Sabrina Allen, 4, Austin, 21 April 2002

I am thrilled for her father!! Since the message appeared on the top of Sabrina's website (last year, was it?) about Sabrina trying to contact her dad/PI I have been very hopeful for this outcome. Amazing that two of the three Slinkard children and now Sabrina have returned from Mexico to reunite with their fathers. I know there is a lot of healing ahead.

ETA: I see the Fox article states Sabrina has not yet been reunited with her father and it is unknown if/when they will reunite. I will pray for both of them.

http://findsabrina.org/pr/pr20141001.pdf

Here is a link to a press release from Klein Investigations. It provides some details about the rescue. It also contains a statement from Mr. Allen:

"A statement was issued by the father, Mr. Greg Allen of Austin, Texas : “I am overjoyed that Sabrina has been found alive and is safe. Our entire family would like to thank the investigators that made this happen. Our prayers go out to the Mexican Federal Police Officer who was injured. We also would like to thank the Mexican Government for their cooperation in this case. Last, a heartfelt thank you to the USFBI, US Marshals, and all of the investigators that have worked this case for the last 12 years. They never gave up. We look forward to being reunited very soon.”

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/2...brina-allen-found-after-12-years-of-searching

This article states Dara has been brought back to the US as well and arrested. Didn't we believe her to be dead?? Wow.

News Conference to be held at 1PM. If anyone has a link to a live stream of the presser, please post.

Yes, that's what the private investigator believed...that she was dead. Not sure why. She has had extensive plastic surgery so maybe he didn't recognize her??/

Here is the link to the go fund me that Greg set up with a video explaining some of the details.

Can we not link to Go fund me websites? The URL isn't posting right?

Here is the link to the go fund me that Greg set up with a video explaining some of the details.

Can we not link to Go fund me websites? The URL isn't posting right?

Can you tell me how you came across the link, maybe we can find it that way?

From a text sent to me. Let's try it this way...here is the video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wylgaFnvBCQ

Got it, thanks! I recommend anyone reading along watch the video.

Sounds like her quality of life there was pretty poor. I am happy that she can receive the care and support she needs now; I hope that she will grow up to live a happy and successful adult life.

I just saw the story and came straight to websleuths. My heart is simultaneously thrilled and breaking for Sabrina's father and for this poor, dear teenager that will continue to struggle for some time. My best to Sabrina and all of her loving family.

Also, can mods move this to the "Located" section? How do we notify them of this?

I saw this on Facebook and came looking for more info here. My heart breaks for the dad after watching that video. I pray for Sabrina and the whole family at this very difficult time. I hope Dara is charged and sits in jail for a very long time. There are a lot of crappy dads out there who willingly choose not to see their children, taking a child away from a dad who loves and wants to see their child is one of the worst things a mother can do.

I got a text last night that she had just arrived in Houston. Made me cry. This was one of the cases that started me sleuthing. She is the niece of a good friend of the family. I am so happy!

This is the first missing child's case that I ever followed. I am so so so happy she has been found.

It was at 1:00 today but it wasn't live streamed, or at least not that I could find. You can look here for excerpts and pictures from the press conference.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/26...brina-allen-found-after-12-years-of-searching

It actually was live streamed, but I found it during the last few minutes and had missed most of it. The part I saw was just Greg answering questions, and it seemed to be pretty much the same information that was in Greg's YouTube video.

He did reiterate that he is remarried with children now. I fear it is going to be really difficult for Sabrina to adjust. Not only will Sabrina have to work through the parental alienation that she went through against her dad for 12 years, but she will also have to meet and become comfortable with her step-mother and half-siblings. She has been an only child with no contact with extended family all this time while in hiding with her mother. It doesn't sound like there are immediate plans for Sabrina to reunite with her Dad. He indicated that the clinical psychologist working with Sabrina will give the go-ahead when she feels Sabrina is ready.

OMG! I just saw this on my lunch break. Sabrina's dad Greg and I have a mutual friend. I've never met him, but I feel like I know him. I've been following this case since the very beginning. I am at work now (not supposed to be on the internet for personal use) and can't wait to get home. Sending prayers to all of the angels who helped to find her and prayers for healing.

It actually was live streamed, but I found it during the last few minutes and had missed most of it. The part I saw was just Greg answering questions, and it seemed to be pretty much the same information that was in Greg's YouTube video.

He did reiterate that he is remarried with children now. I fear it is going to be really difficult for Sabrina to adjust. Not only will Sabrina have to work through the parental alienation that she went through against her dad for 12 years, but she will also have to meet and become comfortable with her step-mother and half-siblings. She has been an only child with no contact with extended family all this time while in hiding with her mother. It doesn't sound like there are immediate plans for Sabrina to reunite with her Dad. He indicated that the clinical psychologist working with Sabrina will give the go-ahead when she feels Sabrina is ready.

BBM That makes me feel a little bit better, despite her mom's shortcomings and crimes, she is probably very much bonded to her mom and may not remember her dad much at all. I can't imagine moving to a new country and be expected to live with a man she doesn't know, a woman who is her stepmom and has never met, siblings that she didn't know existed. It's got to be a very challenging situation.

Hopefully she had a decent life in Mexico and will have a good life from here on.

BBM That makes me feel a little bit better, despite her mom's shortcomings and crimes, she is probably very much bonded to her mom and may not remember her dad much at all. I can't imagine moving to a new country and be expected to live with a man she doesn't know, a woman who is her stepmom and has never met, siblings that she didn't know existed. It's got to be a very challenging situation. Hopefully she had a decent life in Mexico and will have a good life from here on.

I totally agree. My first thoughts were how is this ever going to work. She's nearly 17 and has not been in school. I cannot imagine. A 17 yr old's personality was formed years ago, and this is going to be a difficult, if possible at all, road. Where will she start? How can she begin to attend school and socially interact with teens her age, let alone the new family members?

I totally agree. My first thoughts were how is this ever going to work. She's nearly 17 and has not been in school. I cannot imagine. A 17 yr old's personality was formed years ago, and this is going to be a difficult, if possible at all, road. Where will she start? How can she begin to attend school and socially interact with teens her age, let alone the new family members?

I think there will be many challenges socially. In addition to not attending school, it was made to sound like she barely left the small apartment she lived in with her mother. Dara may have isolated Sabrina from others in order to avoid being found by LE or recognized by a member of the public. There was also the risk that Sabrina could speak to a friend about how she was from the US and her mother kept changing their names, etc. I imagine Sabrina was isolated and very dependent on Dara, to an unhealthy extreme. Dara has probably been the only 'constant' in her life for the past 12 years. It will be very hard for her to be apart from her mother so suddenly.

I don't know if this is verbatim, but Greg did say something along the lines of "emotionally stunted" regarding Sabrina's condition. Although he was certain to state that her physical health appeared to be fine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back