George Clooney gets married

zwiebel

Reaction score
The show business wedding of the year has taken place in Venice, Italy. George Clooney has married Lebanese lawyer Amal Alamuddin.

'To keep out the uninvited, 400 security staff were on hand. Hotel staff not directly involved in the party were kept away from the celebrations and asked to give up their mobile phones, according to Il Gazzettino newspaper; The presence of American Vogue’s Anna Wintour, provided a clue as to which publication had bought up the exclusive picture rights.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...ad-of-marriage-to-amal-alamuddin-9759954.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 190
The more I see her the more beautiful she is. She is a very smart dresser, I love her style, she wears everything so well. What a lucky man he is to have found her. Oh and she is smart too.

"Much to do about nothing" in my opinion. I can't figure out who would give a "flying fig" about George Clooney getting married.

I think she is beautiful...

Hehe, my favorite headline from the whole shebang:

Internationally acclaimed barrister Amal Alamuddin marries an actor

http://www.thebusinesswomanmedia.com/amal-alamuddin-marries-actor/

Love that quote. I spent the weekend with a sick dog pacing in circles for hours. The Amal & Intern George kept me occupied. She's loving the camera, & those clothes, accessories. I wondered how she afforded all on a barrister's salary, until someone, somewhere said her parent had $$$.

Still, Prada, D&G, etc. that's a lot to throw around. And the ring...long way from Darfur.

"Much to do about nothing" in my opinion. I can't figure out who would give a "flying fig" about George Clooney getting married.

Well, I suppose I would. I love juxtaposition of text.

Sorry, it's the one glass of red wine factor. I double posted. Oops

Love that quote. I spent the weekend with a sick dog pacing in circles for hours. The Amal & Intern George kept me occupied. She's loving the camera, & those clothes, accessories. I wondered how she afforded all on a barrister's salary, until someone, somewhere said her parent had $$$.

Still, Prada, D&G, etc. that's a lot to throw around. And the ring...long way from Darfur.

I am sorry. I don't understand the correlation between her ring and Darfur. TIA

I am sorry. I don't understand the correlation between her ring and Darfur. TIA

It's me & a glass of wine & Clooney with the Darfur interest & sending soooo much money on a ring when it could be used for one of his charities there. Just my reverse snobbery rearing its pointy head.

One of the prettiest wedding dresses I have ever seen. Wishing the couple a wonderful life.

All About George and Amal's First Dance – and Their Surprising Wedding Singer
By Tara Fowler
@waterfowlerta
10/02/2014 AT 08:00 AM EDT

But when George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin went to plan the perfect music for their Sept. 27 wedding, they didn't go with an international superstar.

Instead, the couple tapped family friend Nora Sagal, the teenage daughter of Warner Bros. executive David Sagal. "[She] sang 'Always' during the ceremony," Clooney, 53, tells PEOPLE in the magazine's new cover story.

george-clooney-10-768.jpg

http://www.people.com/article/george-clooney-wedding-singer-nora-sagal

MRS CLOONEY UNDER FIRE AS THE NEW KIM KARDASHIAN

1412291515045_Image_galleryImage_Mandatory_Credit_Photo_by.JPG

When this picture emerged, I started to become a bit uneasy with the entire event.
I mean - really? How does one manage to sit down in this? Or even walk the stairs?
One gush of wind and this voyeur-inviting lampshade (skirt) flips UP like an umbrella.

Fortunately, Sebastian Shakespeare of The Daily Mail came to my rescue with an opnion by Natalia Naish, co-creator of Your Barrister Boyfriend :

As the details of their four-day wedding emerge — the caseloads of tequila, the never-ending parade of Amal’s designer dresses, the boatloads of grinning celebrities, and the $13 million (£8 million) price tag — it all begins to seem slightly unseemly and in-your-face, especially for a couple who profess to be extremely private

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ey-fire-new-Kim-Kardashian.html#ixzz3F4qLu9t5

The blog he mentions no longer features the entire tongue-in-the-cheek article by Natalia Naish, or maybe I cannot find it, but you can find it here:
http://www.legalcheek.com/2014/10/w...r-couple-are-rich-kids-of-instagram-at-heart/

I just have to say, IMO, this seemed like a really classy affair. It was not filmed for the E Network. Her wedding dress was gorgeous. She is gorgeous. They both seemed really happy and I am glad when 2 people find each other and know it is right. George seems to have finally found a woman of substance.

This was no Kardashian/West wedding. JMV

I just have to say, IMO, this seemed like a really classy affair. It was not filmed for the E Network. Her wedding dress was gorgeous. She is gorgeous. They both seemed really happy and I am glad when 2 people find each other and know it is right. George seems to have finally found a woman of substance.

This was no Kardashian/West wedding. JMV

I agree that it was beautiful, joyous. I was Deweyed on another forum for suggesting that there's a hole in the ozone layer, there are children who go to bed hungry, there are girls being circumcised, there are bullies everywhere. I'm beginning to sound like Jagger in 'Gimme Shelter. I felt that perhaps subtly might enter the picture?

And while I feel that anyone should have the kind of weeding they want, lavish or otherwise, in light of the conditions in the world, perhaps a bit more restraint?? As in not spending an obscene amount of money on a wedding?? If the two are really interested in the plight of the poor, disenfranchised, the situation in the Gaza Strip which Mrs Clooney called a 'horror.' Maybe some of that could have been channeled into more worthy causes than a bridal day. But I cannot deny that emotional tide of brides & weddings. Just my reverse snobbery.

The response post was that Amal & her parents are independently wealthy. That's why there's a blog dedicated to everything she wears, clothing, purses, shoes, sunglasses. I leave you to your opinions, you have mine. It's just so unseemly that a man who has spent decades running away from the media should run toward it. Perhaps he should have said this is what my future bride wants. And too bad if you don't like the size of the diamond. My money, my rules, however disingenuous they might seem. OK that's my rant.

NORWEGIAN WOMAN SOMEHOW HAS ENDED UP MARRIED TO THE ULTIMATE SILVER FOX

The Guardian reminds us:

To celebrate George Clooney's much publicised wedding, Ad Break decided to remind you of this 2012 Norwegian advert which has a woman waking to discover that somehow or other she has ended up married to the ultimate silver fox. There are obvious echoes of The Hangover as she pieces it all together and Clooney very ably contributes to the comedy. The text at the end translates as: "Some people are lucky ... the rest of us are well-advised to save." Indeed.

'The Morning After' (starts at 07:22)
http://www.theguardian.com/media/20...rge-clooney-wedding-ad-jeff-goldblum-liberace

BBM

:cake:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine