JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

I just Mapquested the distance from Christopher Newport University to the Food Lion at 10880 Warwick Blvd.

Its 2.57 miles and practically a straight shot.JLM could have driven by there either on the way to or from school on a daily basis for months.

If Autumn Day was walking he could have easily stopped and offered her a ride. For all we know he could have offered a couple of times before she finally took him up on it.

Any chance someone has his address from when he lived in Newport News?

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/02/how-easily-was-dna-taken-and-tested-in-hannah-graham-case/

Incidents Jesse Matthew Jr. has been connected to:

Oct. 17, 2002 – Alleged sexual assault at Liberty University
Sept. 7, 2003 – Reported CNU assault
Sept. 24, 2005 – Northern Virginia rape (forensic evidence linked to Morgan Harrington case)
Oct. 17, 2009 – Morgan Harrington disappearance
Sept. 13, 2014 – Hannah Graham disappearance

Law enforcement investigating cases for possible connection to Matthew:

July 24, 2003 — Autumn Day in Newport News
Sept. 7, 2003 – Sophia Rivera in Newport News
August 26, 2009 – Heidi Childs and David Metzler, in Blacksburg
Oct. 10, 2009 – Cassandra Morton, not far from Lynchburg
Sept. 13, 2010 – Samantha Clarke, in Orange County

Cases unsolved in the area near Charlottesville

Jan. 24, 2010 – Joan Cook, Roanoke County
Nov. 21, 2011 — Lauren Smith, Madison County
Nov. 20, 2012 — Dashad Sage Smith, Charlottesville
August 3, 2013 – Alexis Murphy, Shipman (Randy Taylor jailed for this, body never
Anyone with info is asked to call the tipline at 434-295-3851. All surveillance videos can be seen here. All reports filed on this case can be found here.

What about Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas as a Jesse Matthew victim?

Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas, age 17 – no body ever found, her car was found on bridge near Richmond, all her possessions inside - 4/12/98 – http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...as_jaisle.html ; http://nampn.org/cases/thomas_jaisle_e.html

They were the same age. She could have met him at a regional wrestling or football or church activity and kept in touch by telephone and agreed to meet to talk and pray.
She worked at a grocery store.

I know no body was found and the car is probably long gone and they didn't do much with DNA forensics back then and not many cell phones back then either, but...
Would her family's phone records back that far, reveal calls from the home where JLM was living or a public phone in his area?
Would his fingerprints have been on her car?

Thanks Bessie for all you're doing in this forum. It can't be easy to manage a forum that has generated such attention. You rock!

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/02/how-easily-was-dna-taken-and-tested-in-hannah-graham-case/

Incidents Jesse Matthew Jr. has been connected to:

Oct. 17, 2002 – Alleged sexual assault at Liberty University
Sept. 7, 2003 – Reported CNU assault
Sept. 24, 2005 – Northern Virginia rape (forensic evidence linked to Morgan Harrington case)
Oct. 17, 2009 – Morgan Harrington disappearance
Sept. 13, 2014 – Hannah Graham disappearance

Law enforcement investigating cases for possible connection to Matthew:

July 24, 2003 — Autumn Day in Newport News
Sept. 7, 2003 – Sophia Rivera in Newport News
August 26, 2009 – Heidi Childs and David Metzler, in Blacksburg
Oct. 10, 2009 – Cassandra Morton, not far from Lynchburg
Sept. 13, 2010 – Samantha Clarke, in Orange County

Cases unsolved in the area near Charlottesville

Jan. 24, 2010 – Joan Cook, Roanoke County
Nov. 21, 2011 — Lauren Smith, Madison County
Nov. 20, 2012 — Dashad Sage Smith, Charlottesville
August 3, 2013 – Alexis Murphy, Shipman (Randy Taylor jailed for this, body never
Anyone with info is asked to call the tipline at 434-295-3851. All surveillance videos can be seen here. All reports filed on this case can be found here.

Given all the cases involving women that JM is tied to, it makes me curious about the 2009 assault when he was driving the taxi and had the incident with the lawyer.

Unlike with the women, we've NOT seen a similarly expanding list of male victims.

It has me wondering if something else had been going on that night.

Why was he in such a rush he needed to cut off the lawyer? Why did he overreact when the lawyer honked? Why escalate it further and take the phone?

Might he have been in a rush to get away from wherever he'd left from to get away from another incident? Or...?

It just strikes me a little strange that he'd apparently change his MO in terms of shifting to males as well and makes me wonder why we didn't see a similar rise in incidents among them. I really thought we'd see more men come crawling out of the woodwork also, especially the more the list of women grows.

Given all the cases involving women that JM is tied to, it makes me curious about the 2009 assault when he was driving the taxi and had the incident with the lawyer.

Unlike with the women, we've NOT seen a similarly expanding list of male victims.

It has me wondering if something else had been going on that night.

Why was he in such a rush he needed to cut off the lawyer? Why did he overreact when the lawyer honked? Why escalate it further and take the phone?

Might he have been in a rush to get away from wherever he'd left from to get away from another incident? Or...?

It just strikes me a little strange that he'd apparently change his MO in terms of shifting to males as well and makes me wonder why we didn't see a similar rise in incidents among them. I really thought we'd see more men come crawling out of the woodwork also, especially the more the list of women grows.

Road rage. JM seemed to have problems with driving and car ownership. He could have had similar confrontations with other guys, but they may have backed off looking at his size and sensing his rage. This guy was an attorney and figured he could handle him, which he did. Most people do not bother filing police reports and even those who do, most do not follow up with charges bec it takes up a lot of time. This guy, even as an attorney dropped the charges. Got his medical bill paid, and that was that. The same night Hannah disappeared, JM apparently hurt some guy in horseplay. Something about a possible hamstring injury. But no police report, guy may not even have gone to a medical center.

The thing is, there are probably a lot of incidents, some maybe very serious, that are not on record, because most people don't like to get the police involved. This goes for men as well as for women. Around here, it's not unusual for police to come to a incident, it's clear that some altercation and physical doings were involved, but everyone tells the police that it's under control, thank you. Flared tempers among friends/family sometimes, or just that those involved don't want to take it the next level.

I would bet there are some women that were "date" raped by JM and never reported it. Hopefully, they are going to LE now as they may have some valuable information. Those who survived are the lucky ones. THey may have acquiesed enough that he felt safe letting them go rather than killing them. He had to understand that consequences of getting reported for rape, non consent were serious as he got kicked out of two schools as a result, so that I think that when he felt that there would be a good chance of that, he ditched the women so that they could not tell. That consent is not important at all to him is clear from th 2005 case that may be DNA linked to him. That was a straight out stranger assault on a woman. Someone capable of that would have no problem taking things to far in any implied consent scenarios and not stop when the line is crossed. Nope. But then, silence the victim.

Just wondering about his supposed hobby of "fishing"..... Could it be that was his term when people asked what he had been up to? Did he really mean "Catfishing"
Could he have been in contact with both HG and MH prior and is why each of them had been wandering around Cville...... Could he have been in cahoots with RAT who was reported to have cell phone contact with his possible victims before there deaths? Did JM pick the jersey #55 to match the 55 tattoo on RATs neck.... Were they "Catfishing" together?

And, in my opinion, even if they didn't push her to let it go, they probably at minimum didn't give that supportive vibe of "Let's get him so it doesn't happen to anyone else." Victims of rape usually need a hand to hold, so to speak. If someone is willing to try to be supportive and try take the brunt of the legwork, they would be more likely to pursue it. For someone to say, "Ok, you don't want to prosecute. Be well. Stay away from him. Good luck to you!" often would be the end of story.

I feel sorry for his past victims who chose not to prosecute. No doubt, they are feeling all kind of survivor's guilt and remorse, as well as those feelings of being attacked all over again. It is in nooooo way their fault, but good people feel guilty about lots of things that aren't their fault.

BBM/ In all fairness, it's not necessarily the colleges. The fact of the matter is that anytime you report a crime that results in charges, and you are the victim, it can involve a lot of your own time that you don't want to spend, that you feel you can't affored to spend, that is more trouble than you want to take on. A young woman that I sort of know was assaulted and raped a few years ago. Police were called, she was brought by EMT to hospital, her health insurance was billed, but with deductiables a copays, she owed quite a bit just from that, and she was financially strapped as it was, but was considered able to pay. Then there was dealing with it with the police, and when they caught the guy, she was trying to get on with her life and it was something she felt she could not cope with. Plus, others treated her differently after they found out she was raped. It became the defining factor about her. "She's that woman who got raped" would come up, and she felt the change in vibes around her. Life can be tough as it is, and to have that on top of other issues....some people can't cope with it, don't want to cope with it. Throw in another factor, like the if the male being accused were a member of that communtiy and well liked, and if the female was known to be into recreational sex a lot, well, you can see where this is going. Then throw in the fact that maybe the female has some legal issues, had lied about things, was not well liked, had some problems with the guy. You can see when it comes down to whether that was actual consent or not, it becomes problematic to get a conviction in a court when it all comes down to yes.no and who's lying when the court HAS TO assume the accused is innocent, unless there is evidence that meets strict standards.

The rape case to which I was referring, by the way was not a date rape, but a forced stranger rape, and the victim still felt that the system, no college involved here, punished her terribly in the gauntlet she would have to undergo even WITH LE support. It's just the way it is right now. That comes with being raped and anyone who tells a victim otherwise is lying. There are tough consequences for rape victims who press charges.

Road rage. JM seemed to have problems with driving and car ownership. He could have had similar confrontations with other guys, but they may have backed off looking at his size and sensing his rage. This guy was an attorney and figured he could handle him, which he did. Most people do not bother filing police reports and even those who do, most do not follow up with charges bec it takes up a lot of time. This guy, even as an attorney dropped the charges. Got his medical bill paid, and that was that. The same night Hannah disappeared, JM apparently hurt some guy in horseplay. Something about a possible hamstring injury. But no police report, guy may not even have gone to a medical center.

The thing is, there are probably a lot of incidents, some maybe very serious, that are not on record, because most people don't like to get the police involved. This goes for men as well as for women. Around here, it's not unusual for police to come to a incident, it's clear that some altercation and physical doings were involved, but everyone tells the police that it's under control, thank you. Flared tempers among friends/family sometimes, or just that those involved don't want to take it the next level.

I would bet there are some women that were "date" raped by JM and never reported it. Hopefully, they are going to LE now as they may have some valuable information. Those who survived are the lucky ones. THey may have acquiesed enough that he felt safe letting them go rather than killing them. He had to understand that consequences of getting reported for rape, non consent were serious as he got kicked out of two schools as a result, so that I think that when he felt that there would be a good chance of that, he ditched the women so that they could not tell. That consent is not important at all to him is clear from th 2005 case that may be DNA linked to him. That was a straight out stranger assault on a woman. Someone capable of that would have no problem taking things to far in any implied consent scenarios and not stop when the line is crossed. Nope. But then, silence the victim.

What was the date/time of the road rage incident? Can we match it to an abduction?

Just wondering about his supposed hobby of "fishing"..... Could it be that was his term when people asked what he had been up to? Did he really mean "Catfishing"
Could he have been in contact with both HG and MH prior and is why each of them had been wandering around Cville...... Could he have been in cahoots with RAT who was reported to have cell phone contact with his possible victims before there deaths? Did JM pick the jersey #55 to match the 55 tattoo on RATs neck.... Were they "Catfishing" together?
- Great sleuthing!!!

Could he have been in contact with both HG and MH prior and is why each of them had been wandering around Cville...... Could he have been in cahoots with RAT who was reported to have cell phone contact with his possible victims before there deaths? Did JM pick the jersey #55 to match the 55 tattoo on RATs neck.... Were they "Catfishing" together? Just speculation.

strawb93, I assume that if Facebook screen grabs are okay that should be too. Not 100% sure though. I think you might be best putting it on one of the RAT threads. Best I can direct you is the main thread for RAT as I didn't follow that case. Please let us know what thread you put it on, I would like to see the screen grab myself. Thanks!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?524-Randy-Allen-Taylor

I went and found this to refresh my own memory.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

ask fm is also not permitted full stop IIRC, you cannot link it, the link would come up censored. I forgot about this myself yesterday, oops.

Hope this helps :)

WHAT ABOUT POLICE CODES? Police codes vary from state to state, city to city.

10-55 - can mean - Intoxicated driver, missing person, bomb threat, officer needs assistance/back-up, coroner’s code -
http://www.bearcat1.com/radionj.htm
http://copradar.com/tencodes/

Did JLM aka LJ get to pick his own jersey number or was it assigned? What is the jersey number tradition?

Did the older dude in your comment (unmentionable on this thread) go to prison, and if so, what city/state? What are the police codes for that locale?

OM - I'm getting chills about this idea.

Kelly Catalano Richmond/Chesterfield County in Virginia. Her body ended up on an embankment under some type of bridge. AFAIK, she was not drowned.
http://www.nbc12.com/story/12124783/update-body-found-in-swift-creek-confirmed-as-catalano
Because it occurred in winter it doesn't seem to fit the late summer-November timeframe...but it could still be possible.

There was a string of (middle-aged) women who disappeared in central/southern Virginia during late 2009 into 2010.
Letisha Faust - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?93393-VA-Letisha-Marie-Faust-50-Woolwine-9-Dec-2009
Jill Edmonds - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?94616-VA-Jill-Edmonds-40-Richmond-25-Jan-2010
Eleanor Salotto - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...th-Salotto-47-years-old-Lynchburg-11-Feb-2010
and Kelly Catalano.

There's a good discussion of these cases (and others) of missing women in Virginia in the Eleanor Salotto thread - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...or-Elizabeth-Salotto-47-Lynchburg-11-Feb-2010

It might be worth it to revisit some of these cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back