Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel awful his sisters case is an unsolved cold case ,and I feel even worse that he thinks sleuthies are to be lumped into herds .However to compare himself to the Harrington's and the grahams,trust no one... he has an awful lot to be shown as all of the families of the missing from this area have a strong relationship . I dont know what make his semi -professionally any better than us sleuthies , except maybe his friends credits...No offence op. However he seems to have disdain for FBI profiling while supporting it at the same time.

I've been a member of Websleuths since I can't remember. I don't distain anyone's opinion.

J Allore

Thanks for your insight. I was noticing the Rapidian Wildlife Management Area and the Shenandoah National Park in that segment of the map:

I believe you have to pay to get into Shenandoah National Park. Better option would be the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is free, but a car parked there in the middle of the night would be suspicious.

Something to note is the lack of green vegetation. Lots of discussion about how lush and thick the Virginia countryside is right now. Looks more like the dry brown grass of California or Texas. And no tall grass at all which would provide cover for JM to walk around carrying a body in daylight. Certainly could be an animal, it's hard to tell not knowing what the scale or perspective of the surroundings are for comparing the figure.

Great point about the vegetation. However, if it's a wildlife cam like it appears, I'm assuming it was from the local area somewhere.

E
Some of them, but people can and do cut the power if they arent planning on returning until the next spring.

Seems stupid I know but people count on locks and the insurance company replacing anything thats damaged.

I was reading my insurance policy and they do not cover a home that is vacant. If you know anyone with a vacation home, you might want to tell them to read their policy to see if they have coverage.

Could he know a place is vacant? Maybe from being a cabbie?

Who takes a cab? I only use one in a city that I fly to if I have to get around in it.

The only other people I know that use cabs are the elderly and people in poverty with no car.

When I was in college, I would take one from the bus station to the dorm, but that was before kids had cars. Back in the day it was unusual to have a car at college.

So who else uses cabs?

There is a lot of exposed dirt in the area surrounding charlottesville.

Why is there a lot of exposed dirt around Charlottesville? I'm curious because around the Northern Virginia area most of the remote land without trees or pasture (what little there is) has tall grass that's knee to chest high in late summer/early fall. It will start to thin out and fall flat in November or later.

Why is there a lot of exposed dirt around Charlottesville? I'm curious because around the Northern Virginia area most of the remote land without trees or pasture (what little there is) has tall grass that's knee to chest high in late summer/early fall. It will start to thin out and fall flat in November or later.

It the area I am in, east of charlottesville the dirt/soil is heavy clay and very orange in lots of areas. Hard to get lots of flowers to grow in it. It this area there were tobacco farms and that will all but kill soil/dirt. If there is a bit of a hill or a slope it will not grow grass because of the wash out rains that hit this area. Last time I looked charlottesville area gets like 10 more inches of rain a year then average in the united states. Before we moved here we would watch the weather channel in Md that showed the east coast and always laughed about it raining in charlottesville again, on average it rains 3 weeks more a year in charlotteville. It may not rain in southern california but it does in charlottesville. I told my husband now I know why there are lots of red heads here, it's like ireland with the raining al the dang time. Oh btw I hate rain. :)

It the area I am in, east of charlottesville the dirt/soil is heavy clay and very orange in lots of areas. Hard to get lots of flowers to grow in it.

I am 5 miles south of C'ville and I concur. The soil where I am is called Davidson Clay, and it is very high in iron ore. In addition, the soil closer to the mtns tends to be quite rocky. That said, the weeds love it. :^P

" I m sure he has seen a lot of nonsense from those who don't know what the heck they are talking about . As a victim's sibling, I give a wide margin of compassion."

I surely have! But I am always hopeful. I would just say sometimes the best intentions lead to a lot of white noise, but that's really unavoidable when you take the position (as many of us do with cold-cases), "people, we are grasping at straws and desperate, at this point, any information is good information": we can't have it both ways. The case of Maura Murray comes to mind (missing 10 years) where there is so much confused information I lose sight of the original facts and evidence (there are at least 3 warring blogs at this point). Cheers

Oops. Sorry. Radiant Morgan Harrington's boots were never found.

Do you by chance have a link for this? I never heard anything definitive about that following Morgan's case and can't find anything now via a search other than that the remains that later were confirmed to be hers were accompanied by a silver bracelet and gold ring (source) and "black clothing on the body" (source). In fact, in all the articles I can find, LE refuses to detail what clothing items were or were not found with her remains.

Thank you in advance :)

There is a lot of exposed dirt in the area surrounding charlottesville.

That's especially true along the N&S railroad south of town, especially in the Red Hill area, due to railroad embankment cuts... railfans, alert!

Many folks, misinterpret the theories and conclusions of all sleuthers on websleuths as being of one person's input.. I have always been amazed at the diverse skills & expertise, life experiences, and insight of the many ws members. Sleuthing a missing murdered person/s case boils down to the expertise, life experiences, and most important, the persistence of all the sleuthers; both veteran and novice, involved in exchanging their own ideas, theories, opinions, observations, combined with known info/evidence shared by LE, etc. Although we look through same eyes, we all have different/unique perceptions from our own visions. Eventually logical conclusions will be reached once all of the evasive missing shards of the shattered vase are collected and the light of truth emerges.

HG is still missing and the last person to see her alive; JM, is uncooperative. This indicates that JM has a complete lack of empathy for her, her family, his family, and the rest of humanity, imo.. > JM, has no semblance of a conscience...

"Stay strong folks".. I have a feeling that this is going to get much more tragic as all of the broken shards of the shattered vase are located...
Great sleuthing to everyone who has contributed, be persistent.. and a Salute to all the mods for keeping us straight....

'Prayers to all of JM's known and unknown victims and their families and friends'..
'Sexual predators/serial killers seldom confess, and if they do, their confessions are usually only partial truths at best'.. 'Silence is the predators most lethal weapon'.. Although watching HG's parent's latest plea for someone to come forward with info of her location is heart wrenching. I am glad that they had the courage to reach out, just in case any family or friends of JM have info to share that will bring her home...

Stay Strong by Heather Cohen
https://soundcloud.com/musictykoon/stay-strong

I agree with most of the above. But if he knew the path well, and particularly if it's a field, he has nothing to worry about. Even if he stumbles - so what? He begins again.

Keeping himself away from LE for two weeks was an excellent way to let wounds heal.

With the mention of black clothing, items at the site not found, it makes me wonder if there might not be some ritual to all of this that we're not aware of. There was mention of something key in another case (or two?) that LE knew that the public does not.

The one thing I disagree with is him carrying a huge person. She was 130 lb. Granted, tall, but 130 lb. for him would be nothing. Fireman's carry, dragging her, whatever. He's not worried about injury to her. Firefighters carry 150+ pound people up and down stairs and ladders and out of smoke-filled buildings with no visibility without a problem. And, I promise, in general they're no where near as strong or as large or as fit as JM.

Wasn't he captured like 10 days later? I forget now. The 24? I don't think wounds disappear that quickly. There would be scabs, I feel.

But we do not know any of that and they are searching into the woods. So maybe he does have scrathces on his legs.

GRRRR! I just get so angry thinking of that psycho pretending to be so sweet!

" I m sure he has seen a lot of nonsense from those who don't know what the heck they are talking about . As a victim's sibling, I give a wide margin of compassion."

I surely have! But I am always hopeful. I would just say sometimes the best intentions lead to a lot of white noise, but that's really unavoidable when you take the position (as many of us do with cold-cases), "people, we are grasping at straws and desperate, at this point, any information is good information": we can't have it both ways. The case of Maura Murray comes to mind (missing 10 years) where there is so much confused information I lose sight of the original facts and evidence (there are at least 3 warring blogs at this point). Cheers

I am sorry for the loss of your sister and that you have dealt with this for so many years. Your sister was lucky to have such a devoted brother. Your daughters are lucky to have you, their protector and guardian. May you all be safe in this world. I hope you will find the answers you seek one day. I am amazed at the cold cases that are solved decades later. May your sister's be one of them.

Unless you're experienced. Backpackers do night hikes all the time, whether late night or early morning. A headlamp is all you need. With a red light instead of white if you don't want to blind fellow hikers.

I agree it could not be done without a light and I could be ok if there was a trail to follow. But we're talking the woods here. Brambles, vines, stumps and the whole 9 yards. I have parts of my back yard that are impenetrable without a machete, and we've cleared all that out before. The woods can be unbelievably thick here.

The woods can be unbelievably thick here.

Agreed. I live here; I know. However, MH's killer knew the area. There are places I can walk at night in the woods without light (depending on the moon and my level of fear of wildlife!) without a problem. There are other places I wouldn't dare travel even with a spotlight.

I think he knew where he was going, and I don't think it would be a problem for him, even in the woods, even carrying/dragging a victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie