Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/NBC29/status/519552289883713537

Chief Longo says time gap is closing on where JM was the night Hannah disappeared.

What on earth does that mean? They have a pretty good idea, a good timeline on where JM was the night Hannah disappeared. It's the morning that is the problem. The trail ends at 1:45-2:00 AM around the area of Tempo. Was he seen later that morning somewhere? When did anyone see him next? That would be so helpful in getting a radius as to how far he could have driven that morning from Tempo.

The Rapist's/murderer's DNA links Morgan and Fairfax victim. I know they can't build a case on just that, they have to prove he was there and had the opportunity to commit the crime. If they can't tie JLM to the Fairfax rape (even if they're unable to build a case beyond that) then he is the luckiest *advertiser censored* that ever walked the earth.

Yes. But we don't know yet, what the forensic data is that links JM with the MH case, much less to the 2005 rape.

We'll know directly soon. JM's DNA swab was officially taken and will be run properly against all cases in LE"s files to see if there are any matches, including those two cases. And even for AM case as RAT's attorney has so requested even with a conviction already attained in that case.

The Rapist's/murderer's DNA links Morgan and Fairfax victim. I know they can't build a case on just that, they have to prove he was there and had the opportunity to commit the crime. If they can't tie JLM to the Fairfax rape (even if they're unable to build a case beyond that) then he is the luckiest *advertiser censored* that ever walked the earth.
Next to Casey Anthony.

What on earth does that mean? They have a pretty good idea, a good timeline on where JM was the night Hannah disappeared. It's the morning that is the problem. The trail ends at 1:45-2:00 AM around the area of Tempo. Was he seen later that morning somewhere? When did anyone see him next? That would be so helpful in getting a radius as to how far he could have driven that morning from Tempo.

I thought the same thing, but I think the wording is just poor. I think "night" means "before daylight" in this case. It's clear where he was until 1:45 ish, but not again until "morning" at least.

I could only assume they knew where he was at some point on Saturday...and are slowly closing the gap between 1:45am(ish) to what they knew.... Which I wish they would give a small amount more detail...since that can tell how far he took HG at most...

My WAG is police originally started with him being seen leaving Tempo's / the Mall with Hannah and their next contact with him was that Friday they searched his car. They've been slowing filling in the gaps for that week and it sounds like to me they've been able to pinpoint his movements etc., back to that Saturday.

Next to Casey Anthony.[/QUOTE

A lot of perps go free JM's already walked away from a rape (Liberty U) and another incident at CNU without a criminal record. Proving things in court is not easy.

There was a case in our area where the perp would have been hung the few months after big deal publicity. When it finally went to trial, a suspended sentence was all that the DA could get or so felt.

OT= omg too funny. I can't even tell you what that bug did to me the other night without looking totally insane.....lol...

My guess is that the risks are too high when the grounds are rough and dangerous. They need pros to canvass that sort of terrain.

I have no idea how LE is going to search a lot of the privately owned land We have family farms that we cannot possibly search. Dangerous and huge. If something like this happened around them, we'd be hard put to help LE out in ruling out that anything of interest on that property. Heck I can't even search all of my own less than an acre personal property where I live. I have some swayles and undergrowtht that can hide a lot of things. A football, a basketball disappears in there and it has taken 20 minutes to find it when we KNOW it's in there. Some of the farmland is part swamp. We would have to tell LE that they could come search it themselves, and I would not want any amateurs on it who could hurt themselves. Hard core search pros would be needed.

Fair point, I keep forgetting how much of the land out there is private as well.

It was just daunting to be in the middle of it and equate that massive amount of wooded space with only 35 SAR members.

OT= omg too funny. I can't even tell you what that bug did to me the other night without looking totally insane.....lol...

A few years back, a friend on a chat site got me with that av. I'm just paying it forward :angel:

Are the regular hunters with rifles hunting now? Someone posted about a dead cow found by observing vultures I wonder if it was shot. IMO

A few years back, a friend on a chat site got me with that av. I'm just paying it forward :angel:
Lol...it appears it has gotten several of us here...the confessions are coming strong. Good work ;)

he raped some one in fairfax virgina on 9/24/2005

Still would like to know if he was in Myrtle beach when Brittanee drexel went missing. Possibly there for spring break also maybe even with friends.

Fair point, I keep forgetting how much of the land out there is private as well.

It was just daunting to be in the middle of it and equate that massive amount of wooded space with only 35 SAR members.

I think dogs and drones help too, but if JM was careful and found a really good spot, the search crews would really have to get lucky. What kind of search was done when MH disappeared? Did they even come close to where she was found?

A lot of times when the terrain is not easily searched and there is so much of it, or the perp went out of area, beyond expectation, the body is not found until later and by happenchance. Sometimes it never is.

I'm hoping that JM was seen early in the morning on Saturday, early enough to mean he could not have gone that far and back, and spent much time hiding the body. Also hoping that he was careless as he tends to be.

I really cannot see how some areas can be well searched. Throw a body or anything off a ravine. The side of a rough treacherous hillside or mountain is just not searchable in this short time with so few people. There has to be some evidence showing a body or somthing was so thrown not long ago. The same with dredging a river or lake. There are types of terrain one simply cannot walk through, much less searching it. Yet someone with a single minded purpose of ditching a body in there might manage to do so. Such a person only has to do it When you search you have to get every square foot to get the where he might have gone Big difference. I helped search once, and didn't feel good about it and it was an easy peasy area. I frankly don't believe LE believed we'd find a thing, was just keeping us busy.

This is my first post ever here, so please forgive me if I'm breaking the rules somehow. I live locally and have a chunk of property just north of UVA. The wife (went to college in the area) and I were talking about the fact that, unless folks live here and understand this part of Virginia, most don't have a real true notion of just *how* rural this area is. Once you leave Richmond on 64 West and almost all the way to C-ville, you see very beautiful yet unpopulated rolling mountains, but little else. Lots of farms, untouched plots of land, woods, and rocky outcrops. Past C-Ville, you'll quickly hit 81, and it's pretty much the same, both north and south. Route 29 and Route 15 (also essentially N/S) are the same. It's like this well into West Virginia, too. While they are searching Albemarle County, this entire part of the Commonwealth, for hundreds and hundreds of square miles, is quickly and easily accessible. It's also uninhabited. With the economic downturn, there are too many abandoned properties to count, as well. We both pray for her to be returned to her parents without any additional delay, but I do fear that the Longo needs some serious resources to be allocated to find her, likely from the Commonwealth. Either that, or he's being coy and does indeed have an approximate area to search. MH was found pretty quickly, all things considered. If it's the same perp, he knows to stay away from his normal haunts and go elsewhere. That would mean leaving Albemarle County altogether. Just my 2-cents. Thanks for letting me join in.

Still would like to know if he was in Myrtle beach when Brittanee drexel went missing. Possibly there for spring break also maybe even with friends.
I have also wondered the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member