Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are both in the same county. I also noticed a lot of LE cars. Is North Moutain near House Mountain?
Perhaps the tip from IGA in Craigsville that they saw JM had some truth to it. That's my take at least.

Wonder if the sighting of the possible Fairfax rape suspect in Lexington has anything to do with JM? It was reported to Lexington LE on September 15 but the sighting was said to have occurred several days earlier. Not sure what is meant by several days.

Where I live, in a different wooded state, a small plane went down 25 years ago. Search search search. Found a couple of years ago. And no mountains where it went down. Just trees and water.

I believe it. I hope JM was sloppy and just dumped somewhere easy.

I followed MH's case closely. I was drawn in because I grew up in Roanoke.

Morgan's case didn't get as much coverage by LE as Hannah's is getting.

It was the Harrington's who kept MH's name and face out there to the public. Gil Harrington insisted that there was a "monster" walking among the citizens of Charlottesville. LE didn't seem to want to acknowledge this at the time though.

Even the news of Morgan's Pantera tee shirt being found wasn't released immediately to the public.

Gil Harrington alluded to it with her cryptic remarks at the time though. She began to warn the public that a monster was in their midst and he had resurfaced again on November 5th or 6th--the day Morgan's shirt was found.

I recall only one organized search for Morgan. It was held on the weekend after she had gone missing.

The Harrington's have never given up hope that Morgan's murderer would be brought to justice. It's sad though that in order for that to happen, it most likely has come about at the cost of another young woman's life.

I remember following MH's case here for many months. Perhaps, this time is different because Hannah is a UVA student? Wasn't MH a student from Virginia Tech attending a concert at UVA? Not that any of it matters. Just a thought.

Wonder if the sighting of the possible Fairfax rape suspect in Lexington has anything to do with JM? It was reported to Lexington LE on September 15 but the sighting was said to have occurred several days earlier. Not sure what is meant by several days.

The Washington and Lee campus was in a panic after the alleged sighting, per my friend on the campus police force. Lexington is called the "mini Charlottesville." SVU, W&L, and VMI are all within ten miles of each other. The women sororities are housed on campus at W&L while the male frats are off campus. Lexington is a parade of gorgeous young women walkijg back and forth between sorority row and the frats on weekend nights.

Thinking too hard and reaching, most likely... Looking at the timeline, his tickets around Christmas time, I get this notion after he adjusted and learned after Morgan Harrington, where ever he took and hid them, he may have been making some kind of special visit around the Christmas.

He was a care-taker, an orderly, who is now going to be tried for raping and killing women. He fronted a simpleton but was cunning. I get this sense that he had an opposite of everything he presented. So, he had a pastor friend. JM had signed up at the church and eventually the reference helped him with getting the job at UVA hospital.

What could have been an answer, in his twisted way, of having to present to the pastor? JM may have to been the deity at the center of it. Does anyone know JM's favorite movies?

I thought I read somewhere that the trespassing charge was related to an incident regarding car repairs. JM was dissatisfied with the repairs or cost and got into a heated argument with the attendant there. He was asked to leave and, when he failed to comply with the request, the police were called and JM was arrested for trespassing.

What?! He's a gentle giant! He would never argue with mechanic! Snark.

The Washington and Lee campus was in a panic after the alleged sighting, per my friend on the campus police force. .

Do you know the date of the alleged sighting? I think it was publicized "up here" on 9/15, saying that it was "recent" or in the previous days, but no specifics. If that was he, that information would be huge. Also, any idea if the sighting involved a guy with dreads, or long hair pulled back, rather than short hair like the composite sketch shows?

This is my first post ever here, so please forgive me if I'm breaking the rules somehow. I live locally and have a chunk of property just north of UVA. The wife (went to college in the area) and I were talking about the fact that, unless folks live here and understand this part of Virginia, most don't have a real true notion of just *how* rural this area is. Once you leave Richmond on 64 West and almost all the way to C-ville, you see very beautiful yet unpopulated rolling mountains, but little else. Lots of farms, untouched plots of land, woods, and rocky outcrops. Past C-Ville, you'll quickly hit 81, and it's pretty much the same, both north and south. Route 29 and Route 15 (also essentially N/S) are the same. It's like this well into West Virginia, too. While they are searching Albemarle County, this entire part of the Commonwealth, for hundreds and hundreds of square miles, is quickly and easily accessible. It's also uninhabited. With the economic downturn, there are too many abandoned properties to count, as well. We both pray for her to be returned to her parents without any additional delay, but I do fear that the Longo needs some serious resources to be allocated to find her, likely from the Commonwealth. Either that, or he's being coy and does indeed have an approximate area to search. MH was found pretty quickly, all things considered. If it's the same perp, he knows to stay away from his normal haunts and go elsewhere. That would mean leaving Albemarle County altogether. Just my 2-cents. Thanks for letting me join in.

Welcome iamatypical from another local. Just a quick question, Have you searched your "chunk of property just north of UVA"?

Seems like it would have been a good place for a cam
Not sure, but I recall something about there being evidence all over the field, which is why it was surmised that Morgan Harrington may have run to the fence line.

The Washington and Lee campus was in a panic after the alleged sighting, per my friend on the campus police force. Lexington is called the "mini Charlottesville." SVU, W&L, and VMI are all within ten miles of each other. The women sororities are housed on campus at W&L while the male frats are off campus. Lexington is a parade of gorgeous young women walkijg back and forth between sorority row and the frats on weekend nights.

I guess I missed this information that you all are referring to. Are you all saying that the Fairfax rape suspect who we know through a composite sketch done in 2005 was sighted in Lexington? So...before that sketch went viral in conjunction with the Hannah Graham case, someone in Lexington recognized a rape suspect based on a composite sketch from almost ten years prior? How is this possible? Was it just random luck that someone who currently lives in Lexington used to live in the Fairfax area in 2005 and saw someone that looked like a sketch they saw ten years ago?

Do you know the date of the alleged sighting? I think it was publicized "up here" on 9/15, saying that it was "recent" or in the previous days, but no specifics. If that was he, that information would be huge. Also, any idea if the sighting involved a guy with dreads, or long hair pulled back, rather than short hair like the composite sketch shows?
I really do not know more about the alleged sighting except that it was supposedly Saturday night. Lexington is mainly students and lifelong locals. JM would have stuck out like a sore thumb. He doesn't look like a student and most of the locals in his age group know each other. Lexington is a small community and there is a heavy LE presence.

I guess I missed this information that you all are referring to. Are you all saying that the Fairfax rape suspect who we know through a composite sketch done in 2005 was sighted in Lexington? So...before that sketch went viral in conjunction with the Hannah Graham case, someone in Lexington recognized a rape suspect based on a composite sketch from almost ten years prior? How is this possible? Was it just random luck that someone who currently lives in Lexington used to live in the Fairfax area in 2005 and saw someone that looked like a sketch they saw ten years ago?

This puzzles me as well. Originally, after hearing about the alleged sighting, I thought that someone had seen an AA man that no one knew and reported it out of paranoia. Now, I am not so sure it wasn't circulated by campus LE after Hannah's abduction. Kind of like a "Have you seen this man?" thing.

I really do not know more about the alleged sighting except that it was supposedly Saturday night. Lexington is mainly students and lifelong locals. JM would have stuck out like a sore thumb. He doesn't look like a student and most of the locals in his age group know each other. Lexington is a small community and there is a heavy LE presence.

Well, if he was sighted in Craigsville sometime Saturday and Lexington Saturday night, that hopefully shows the path he traveled and narrows the gap. Wonder what he was wearing when he was sighted those places, if it was, in fact, he.

I'll type more later as I'm in a rush. However, I heard he was spotted here in Lex two weeks before the person actually reported it to law enforcement. If this was true, why did they wait so long to report it? Then once LE received the information they released it to the public. I've wondered these past few weeks if he has friends or knows people in this county.

Virginia farmer who found remains of '09 murder victim wonders if next grim discovery awaits

the 75-year-old looks out at his 700-acre property and wonders if the body of another missing woman lies somewhere out there, in a shallow grave, hidden within dense woods or left in some remote ravine.

The sprawling farm in Albemarle County, dubbed Anchorage Farm, was searched by police in the disappearance last month of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham. While Bass claims it’s unlikely the 18-year-old sophomore is there, he said his property and the many other farms surrounding it cannot be ruled out.

"Is there a place somewhere where we haven't been? I mean, of course," Bass said of the search for Graham, who was last seen Sept. 13 after leaving a party in Charlottesville.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/0...ns-in-0-wonders-if-vast-land-holds-next-grim/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10