Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's victimizing so many more people than he has any idea. His own family, friends, employers, kids he coaches, LE, searchers, search dogs, there was even an article today about how elementary school kids are asking their teachers if they could go missing....

I so agree with this! Absolutely! That's what perps do. Hurt everyone around them. A horrible pain for the vicitms and their loved ones, but they also tear up the hearts of those who care for them, like their mothers, grandmothers, sisters, anyone.

Though I will have to say, having seen photos of his car and the list of DMV, traffic related violations, his sister or anyone who would lend him a car has to be out of their minds. As upset as he was, as anyone would be with the events that occurred that week, EVEN IF he were NOT guillty, he should not have been driving around. Family should have put him somewhere safe and away, not loose like he was. And they had to know how poor his judgement was, how impulsive he was, and have had some inkling of his DMV problems.

Also, I am really not impressed with Charlottesville's vettting process for their taxi drivers.

His DMV pic looks like he's intentionally opening his eyes wide, lifting his eyebrows. Chameleon activity again. Every picture looks different.

I find his photos very consistent. I'd be easily able to pick them out as him. Not always the case for me either even with people I know.

He's victimizing so many more people than he has any idea. His own family, friends, employers, kids he coaches, LE, searchers, search dogs, there was even an article today about how elementary school kids are asking their teachers if they could go missing....

Very true, and very tragic. I said it once several days ago, but I will say it again- if JM turns out to be responsible in these abductions and murders, I really really hope that his close friends and family will seek counseling. It will be devastating to them. I just cannot imagine.

Also, I am really not impressed with Charlottesville's vettting process for their taxi drivers.

I'm sure that has/will change. The new Yellow Taxi has GPS in all their cars now, to track the drivers.

Someone mentioned that you're supposed to call a cab when you've had too much to drink. Only, um, we now know the potential danger in that.

What's worse is UVA has a system set up with the taxi companies so students can call them for a "free" ride. They show their student ID, and the charge for the ride is billed to their student account.

Frightening. But who would have ever guessed?

I so agree with this! Absolutely! That's what perps do. Hurt everyone around them. A horrible pain for the vicitms and their loved ones, but they also tear up the hearts of those who care for them, like their mothers, grandmothers, sisters, anyone.

Though I will have to say, having seen photos of his car and the list of DMV, traffic related violations, his sister or anyone who would lend him a car has to be out of their minds. As upset as he was, as anyone would be with the events that occurred that week, EVEN IF he were guillty, he should not have been driving around. Family should have ;put him somewhere safe and away, not loose like he was. And they had to know how poor his judgement was, how impulsive he was, and some inkling of his DMV problems.

It is weird that his sister and family enabled him to flee. If this were someone in my family - even my child or husband- I would want them to prioritize clearing their name, not giving them a car to leave the State. Makes me wonder if she knows he did something...

It is weird that his sister and family enabled him to flee. If this were someone in my family - even my child or husband- I would want them to prioritize clearing their name, not giving them a car to leave the State. Makes me wonder if she knows he did something...

I'm not sure I'd assume they knew his plans. He might not have even entirely known his plans.

On the night that Morgan disappeared, JM was a taxi driver. Also, the owners of Anchorage Farm were out of the country on a cruise. Perhaps, JM drove them to the airport? Or, he knew that nobody was on the premises at that time.

Most likely JM did wear a headlamp since he knew there was nobody around to see him--since the Bass family was on vacation. On that night there was no moon because it was raining in Charlottesville.

I've often wondered why Lt. Rader said that the murderer of Morgan returned to that spot at times of extreme stress. It makes me wonder if JM would return to the scene of the crime and absent mindedly discard his cigarette butts around MH's remains?!? He thought her body was so well hidden that she'd never be found.

Bryan9
I was referencing this post.

Ok, thanks. Now I know where North Mountain is located. As I didn't grow up here, I don't know all of the places local teens or students go to party or hunters go illegally. My family and I used to take Sunday drives through the country and sometimes end up in Craigsville where we sometimes had lunch. On the way back to Lex before getting onto 64 we noticed a gravel drive going up a mountain. If that's the drive (although there are many like that around here) it's very accessible from 64. In fact, if that's it, I think there may even be a board that states no hunting. One time we drove up, but could only go about a mile before turning around. It felt really creepy so we couldn't drive any further.

And one thing I've noticed around here is that even though it is small, there are transients. Those who rent a house for a few months or a year and then move on. He could know someone in Buena Vista, Craigsville, even Glasgow, etc. What I don't understand is why this person who spotted the guy in the sketch from the Fairfax and MH case waited two weeks to tell LE. Unless it's someone locally who knows more about him. JMO. I personally don't think JM looks like the sketch, but many here do.

And you are correct, no restaurants here would put up with that sort of behavior from a patron. The restaurants have bars, but they are calm with many even eating their meals there. It's not a bar scene per se.

I have wondered the same. I know that if JM came to Lexington and behaved the way he did the night he allegedly abducted HG at Macado's or The Palms, he would have been reported asap.
Do we know if he had any drug affiliations? Selling or using or associating with drug dealers? If he doesn't have family or close friends in this area, I cannot imagine why he would come here.

IMG_0025.jpg Not sure if adding a photo is permissible or not. If not, someone please tell me or a Mod can delete it. I was looking through old pictures to give those not in VA a taste of the area, so I chose one with a more aerial view. I took this on 12 OCT 2012 in between C-ville and Waynesboro, about 15-17 miles West on I-64. The little glimpse of road in the bottom of the picture is actually Route 250, which runs through the Commonwealth. The leaves are pretty much the same right now as they are in the picture, but in about two more weeks this whole area will turn red/orange/yellow/fiery and the leaves will drop (it is STUNNING, btw). Some have said the leaves will be an issue, and you can see that is no understatement. Anyway, you'll note the mountains and very few farms in the valley. Also, this is fairly close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and I-81, providing endless routes to get lost and away from authorities or prying eyes. Also, someone asked so... although it would take some effort and a dedicated 4x4 to get to our property, it was walked and sadly (or not) just lots of deer tracks.

Then again, maybe she was afraid he'd get shot by someone. I'm sure that crossed both of their minds.

That sucks. His sister is a single mother and a waitress. She cannot have a ton of spare $$$ to go retrieve a beater car in Texas :(
His younger sister, sourced to a person who posted here and on twitter, defended him vehemently in high school, so that too goes way back. Against what, though? Teasing? Accusation of misdeeds? Why did he need defending from his younger sister? It cannot have been easy to be his sister, to defend JM over time. Did she have a choice? Does she now?

it's possible that his family was afraid of him too, and his sister gave him the car to avoid a confrontation. or that he lied and said he needed the car for a different reason (since his was with the police). there's no way to know, and i just don't think we have enough information to speculate on whether his family could've stopped him from leaving.

When he's charged and found guilty, I'll agree!!

Ok, thanks. Now I know where North Mountain is located. As I didn't grow up here, I don't know all of the places local teens or students go to party or hunters go illegally. My family and I used to take Sunday drives through the country and sometimes end up in Craigsville where we sometimes had lunch. On the way back to Lex before getting onto 64 we noticed a gravel drive going up a mountain. If that's the drive (although there are many like that around here) it's very accessible from 64. In fact, if that's it, I think there may even be a board that states no hunting. One time we drove up, but could only go about a mile before turning around. It felt really creepy so we couldn't drive any further.

And one thing I've noticed around here is that even though it is small, there are transients. Those who rent a house for a few months or a year and then move on. He could know someone in Buena Vista, Craigsville, even Glasgow, etc. What I don't understand is why this person who spotted the guy in the sketch from the Fairfax and MH case waited two weeks to tell LE. Unless it's someone locally who knows more about him. JMO. I personally don't think JM looks like the sketch, but many here do.

And you are correct, no restaurants here would put up with that sort of behavior from a patron. The restaurants have bars, but they are calm with many even eating their meals there. It's not a bar scene per se.

That is the road. We go up there often-to hike, picnic, watch the stars from the cliffs. As a teenager, that was the go to place to party and not worry about cops.
I have noticed that a lot of people from Glasgow seem to have connections in Lynchburg. It's right over the mountain from Glasgow. Glasgow is also notorious for the drug problem, which is why I was asking about any possible drug connections with JM.

He is victimizing people now, whether he's guilty or not. He fled the state while wanted on two felony warrants (that he had to have known about) and he's refused to cooperate with police from day one and continues to do so.

Very true, and very tragic. I said it once several days ago, but I will say it again- if JM turns out to be responsible in these abductions and murders, I really really hope that his close friends and family will seek counseling. It will be devastating to them. I just cannot imagine.

This is such catastrophic wreckage whether or not he is found guilty in court. Counseling is in order for all those he affected. I hope that those kids coached by him are getting some good long talks and discussions.

A lot of counseling and mental health care for Hannah's loved ones and those who care for JM, those who know him well and liked him. I also think those UVA students who let Hannah go off, drunk, alone at night, who have these parties, well knowing that about half the guests are underage, ply them with drink need some big time counseling. Alot of talk about Tempo maybe letting Hannah in there, when we don't know for sure, but not much said about Hannah drinking herself to "extreme intoxication", then allowed to just wander off into the night alone in that condition. Any adults in any other situation than a college party would be a lot of trouble over this. But UVA students... nope. They get a pass.

That is the road. We go up there often-to hike, picnic, watch the stars from the cliffs. As a teenager, that was the go to place to party and not worry about cops.
I have noticed that a lot of people from Glasgow seem to have connections in Lynchburg. It's right over the mountain from Glasgow. Glasgow is also notorious for the drug problem, which is why I was asking about any possible drug connections with JM.

Would you give that information to LE, via the tip email or tip line? They might know things we don't and that could prove valuable.

Don't know that. I think it was a foolish thing to have given him a car to drive. Even under the BEST scenario, he had to have been distraught, in no condition to be behind the wheel and with his history with the DMV and impulsiveness, it was a very bad decision that endangered him as well as others.

From what I gather, the sister could not afford to lose that car. Though possible, I doubt she donated it to JM to drive into oblivion.

I agree with Ksj3's statement whether JM's charged with a thing more and whether he's found innocent. His behavior over time has been shameful even if it's found he's not criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire