Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that has/will change. The new Yellow Taxi has GPS in all their cars now, to track the drivers.

Someone mentioned that you're supposed to call a cab when you've had too much to drink. Only, um, we now know the potential danger in that.

What's worse is UVA has a system set up with the taxi companies so students can call them for a "free" ride. They show their student ID, and the charge for the ride is billed to their student account.

Frightening. But who would have ever guessed?

Cabs in my area seem to maintain radio control most of the time as well as having a gps, though, not all of them. There are jitneys and offbrand cabs. A good idea to stick with a legitimate cab.

Ok, thanks. Now I know where North Mountain is located. As I didn't grow up here, I don't know all of the places local teens or students go to party or hunters go illegally. My family and I used to take Sunday drives through the country and sometimes end up in Craigsville where we sometimes had lunch. On the way back to Lex before getting onto 64 we noticed a gravel drive going up a mountain. If that's the drive (although there are many like that around here) it's very accessible from 64. In fact, if that's it, I think there may even be a board that states no hunting. One time we drove up, but could only go about a mile before turning around. It felt really creepy so we couldn't drive any further.

And one thing I've noticed around here is that even though it is small, there are transients. Those who rent a house for a few months or a year and then move on. He could know someone in Buena Vista, Craigsville, even Glasgow, etc. What I don't understand is why this person who spotted the guy in the sketch from the Fairfax and MH case waited two weeks to tell LE. Unless it's someone locally who knows more about him. JMO. I personally don't think JM looks like the sketch, but many here do.

And you are correct, no restaurants here would put up with that sort of behavior from a patron. The restaurants have bars, but they are calm with many even eating their meals there. It's not a bar scene per se.

As for how he was acting that night, from what I remember, Blue Light is very big and can get.pretty rambunctious towards the later end of the night. I remember it as being a "scene", although I wouldn't say the same about Tempo...

Okay. Here's the only thing I could scrounge up in a short time with regards to the car. Second paragraph slightly addresses my earlier question.

https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-1209

Of course, that's VA code not TX. Not sure which would apply in this instance.

So (if I read that correctly) his sister would have 5 days in which to claim the vehicle without incurring storage fees if the "vehicle at the time of the theft or used without his authorization, express or implied". So I suppose they could be treating it as a stolen vehicle.

My question as to why it's not considered evidentiary to the case, considering he used it to flee VA, still stands. *scratching head*

(Mods feel free to move this post somewhere if it doesn't fit here - it's not a forensic link as far as I know and this is the only place I've seen the letter/car mentioned. TIA!)

I don't think LE really cares a fig about charges about his flight to TX or the reckless driving. They want to get a serial rapist killer off the street and bring justice to his victims. The focus right now is to find Hannah and to get all the evidence they can get to convict the perp. If it turns out that it's not him, I think the focus would be on getting whoever, or so it should be.

Don't know that. I think it was a foolish thing to have given him a car to drive. Even under the BEST scenario, he had to have been distraught, in no condition to be behind the wheel and with his history with the DMV and impulsiveness, it was a very bad decision that endangered him as well as others.

From what I gather, the sister could not afford to lose that car. Though possible, I doubt she donated it to JM to drive into oblivion.

True, we don't know the specifics. His sister could have just lent him the car so he could get to work (maybe she can use the bus, or can walk - maybe her kid takes the bus to school) and then he up and fled to Texas, without her expecting that at all.
Very curious to see how this all pans out...

After reading Foxfire's description of Ted Bundy, (OMG,,, evil evil evil),,, and learning today LE believed Morgan Harrington's killer returned during stressful times, I am thinking revisiting his victims is an important facet of this killers MO too. Hannah will be in a place that he can re-visit. This actually makes me more hopeful in that she may not be in a deep ravine or extremely inaccessible location, well off the beaten path, but a place where he can get to privately.

Admittedly it's vague, but I read LE's comment to mean that MH's killer knew the Anchorage Farm area very well before he murdered MH and that, as a result of his familiarity, he was inclined to return there in the high stress situation of needing to dispose of her body. I do not read LE's comment to mean that MH's killer returned to the scene after he disposed of MH. http://www.wsls.com/story/20832316/...ion-is-so-important-in-morgan-harrington-case

Would you give that information to LE, via the tip email or tip line? They might know things we don't and that could prove valuable.

LE knows all about the drug problem in Glasgow. It's no big secret.
I am trying to figure out the Lexington connection and I am almost sure LE knows there IS a connection, hence the flashing of the composite after HG abduction, searching of North Mtn, etc.
But whatever the case, I did pass the info on to LE.

Then again, maybe she was afraid he'd get shot by someone. I'm sure that crossed both of their minds.

Family took him to LE and he consulted with an attorney. No way that attorney said to flee the state. He should have just laid low. He absolutely should not have been driving. You don't let distraught people behind the wheel, innocent or gulity or whatever. He was/is in big trouble. If it unnerved him to have LE watching him, there are quiet discrete ways to ditch the surveillance, not race off in front of LE and give them a reason to throw you in the clink. Racing around in a car when followed by LE is a good way to get shot. Fortunately LE chose not to engage in a high speed chase and let him go.

You know how a dog circles before laying down, a comfort zone? Wild guesses: JM was loud, he needs a lot of space. Where Morgan Harrington perished or was found, was vacant, no one was there to hear anything. He knows how sound carries in the places he scopes. He is big and super noticeable, he had to remain hidden and unnoticed through it all. Walk back and forth, to a car. He would've had to be able to look down, onto one road leading in, to know when people were near him. He would want a body of water nearby, if anyone did bump into him, to fish. He would walk in thickly covered creeks to leave no tracks, dip down fast, go unnoticed. Where is like that in VA, within a reasonable distance from him to cover his alibi, or did that fail him this time? He took Hannah Graham and it took him too long to cover his... please correct me, you know more

True, we don't know the specifics. His sister could have just lent him the car so he could get to work (maybe she can use the bus, or can walk - maybe her kid takes the bus to school) and then he up and fled to Texas, without her expecting that at all.
Very curious to see how this all pans out...

BBM/ Work? Are you kidding? He's under suspicion for the disappearance of a woman, his car has been seized, his apartment searched, things taken as evidence, and it' s a national case. I doubt work was in the picture. He had talked to an experienced attorney who surely know what he was in for, and who almost certainly told him to lie very low.

Was he even driving that car, accompanied by family, to the police station that day he spoke with an attorney? I seem to remember he went to his mother/ grandmother's place from there and then took off in his sister's car. Regardless of reasons he might have had for needing that car, given the abject seriousness of his situation, he was in no condition to drive. With his record, family had to know he would do rash things, and this is just about as bad as it gets. You don't give a person the wheel when afflicted, whether with bad news, alcohol, anger, fear. He wasn't the type of guy that made good decision and his sister should have known better.

She is certainly paying for her mistake.

View attachment 60805 Not sure if adding a photo is permissible or not. If not, someone please tell me or a Mod can delete it. I was looking through old pictures to give those not in VA a taste of the area, so I chose one with a more aerial view. I took this on 12 OCT 2012 in between C-ville and Waynesboro, about 15-17 miles West on I-64. The little glimpse of road in the bottom of the picture is actually Route 250, which runs through the Commonwealth. The leaves are pretty much the same right now as they are in the picture, but in about two more weeks this whole area will turn red/orange/yellow/fiery and the leaves will drop (it is STUNNING, btw). Some have said the leaves will be an issue, and you can see that is no understatement. Anyway, you'll note the mountains and very few farms in the valley. Also, this is fairly close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and I-81, providing endless routes to get lost and away from authorities or prying eyes. Also, someone asked so... although it would take some effort and a dedicated 4x4 to get to our property, it was walked and sadly (or not) just lots of deer tracks.

I know that view and it is beautiful, as is all the area. Many times when traveling during the day I would take 250 rather than 64 because of the scenery.

Thanks for taking the time to check your property. Hopefully many are doing the same.

LE knows all about the drug problem in Glasgow. It's no big secret.
I am trying to figure out the Lexington connection and I am almost sure LE knows there IS a connection, hence the flashing of the composite after HG abduction, searching of North Mtn, etc.
But whatever the case, I did pass the info on to LE.

Appalachiagirl, what is the drug of choice in the Glasgow and Lexington area, if you know? TYIA..

He is victimizing people now, whether he's guilty or not. He fled the state while wanted on two felony warrants (that he had to have known about) and he's refused to cooperate with police from day one and continues to do so.

True...but we don't know his reasons. Maybe he feels victimized? I'm not sticking up for him, but just trying to see things from different potential angles.

I don't think LE really cares a fig about charges about his flight to TX or the reckless driving. They want to get a serial rapist killer off the street and bring justice to his victims. The focus right now is to find Hannah and to get all the evidence they can get to convict the perp. If it turns out that it's not him, I think the focus would be on getting whoever, or so it should be.

I am sure this has been said many times before, but I still think they intended to rattle him and have him flee, only to intentionally let him do so. This got Longo's team exactly what they wanted; a "no-bond" "flight risk" arrestee. If I were the LEOs, I would want him to be idle and in a box, in his own head. Worried. To sit in the cell and marinate. To think about the LEOs finding HG and taking her to her parents, all while he is helplessly locked up. The only risk was allowing him to go back to her, spend more time with her, and maybe even move her to a new location. That is the real issue now, multiple remote crimes scenes to find, document, and tie to him. At any rate, they supposedly lost him in the process, but that may be just the chess move they truly needed to make to get him into the right position for later - to take him down for good.

Appalachiagirl, what is the drug of choice in the Glasgow and Lexington area, if you know? TYIA..
Crack, Meth, marijuana. From what I understand, Meth seems to be a major problem in Rockbridge County. There was also a pretty sizable marijuana grow that was recently seized in Glasgow. Glasgow is also where the Maury River and James River collide. Another very popular fishing area.

Family took him to LE and he consulted with an attorney. No way that attorney said to flee the state. He should have just laid low. He absolutely should not have been driving. You don't let distraught people behind the wheel, innocent or gulity or whatever. He was/is in big trouble. If it unnerved him to have LE watching him, there are quiet discrete ways to ditch the surveillance, not race off in front of LE and give them a reason to throw you in the clink. Racing around in a car when followed by LE is a good way to get shot. Fortunately LE chose not to engage in a high speed chase and let him go.

Maybe, but I've never experienced that level of fear, so I can't say. What should be done vs. what happens when you're in the situation don't always mesh. I think recent events may have added a layer of paranoia to AA in their encounters with LE.

There was a short update of this case with Coy Barefoot on Situation Room on CNN on XM radio just before 6 pm today. Coy made a statement that the focus of the investigation has now changed, based on "a development that occurred over the weekend." He referred to the difference in the requests that LE is making of the public, as in, now they want to talk to EVERYONE who's had any contact with JM, regardless of when, whereas before they were asking for people to come forward if they knew anything about Hannah's movements on the night she disappeared.

I'll put that out there with you and see if your impressions are the same as mine. Did anyone else hear this?

I've tried to find a place that I can listen to it a second time on the Internet, but have had no luck so far. It sounds important, so I'm going to keep looking.

ETA: This Situation Room show may have originally been broadcast yesterday. I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow