Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting read: Deja vu?

The Imperceptible Phenomenon of Black Sexual Serial Killers
By Vernon J. Geberth, M.S., M.P.S
http://www.practicalhomicide.com/Research/BlackSexSerKillers.htm

The Law Enforcement Perception

Investigatively speaking, the general public and possibly even some folks in law enforcement and criminal justice community are under the false perception that Black sexual serial killers are a rarity. The consequences of this mindset are that it makes it easier for Black serial murderers to go undetected for a longer period of time. In addition, an agency may find themselves the subject to a wrongful death investigation based upon law enforcement error in not linking a case to a Black serial killer in time which resulted in the death of an additional victim due to linkage blindness.

This resulted in linkage blindness (Geberth, 2006) (3) and a major embarrassment for the law enforcement authorities in the Timothy Wilson Spencer case in Virginia, George Waterfield Russell case in Washington State, and Derrick Todd Lee in Louisiana. The FBI profile in these three cases described the offenders as an UNSUB White Male 20 to 30 who resided in the area. Spencer, Russell and Lee were Black.

Furthermore, all of the victims in these cases were white females, which did not correspond with the theory that serial murderers killed their victims intra-racially (within the same race) as opposed to interracially. The following case histories illustrate this dilemma.
<sniped - read more>

He got a drivers license, didn't he?

I had friends in high school that got straight A's in Honors and AP classes that failed their dl test two, even three times.

There are many different types of intelligence, most of which are open to highly subjective interpretation.

Yes! It's not unusual for someone with dyslexia or dysgraphia to be of higher intelligence yet not do well in the school setting.

For a victim's forum I just cannot understand. The defense of this guy.

I'm not sure people are defending him, but trying to figure him out, to aide in the search for Hannah, which is what this forum is for.

And, as a reminder, if we don't stick to the topic of the search for Hannah, the thread will be shut down (again).

Several people have mentioned storage lockers which would make sense. Can they bring dogs to storage facilities in cville?

I would think the likelihood that she has been put in a storage facility is extremely low, for several reasons. Most storage facilities, around here anyway, are gated and have cameras aimed at the entrance, most likely for insurance purposes. Also, if JM rented a storage unit, unless someone else is going to pay it while he is locked up, he would soon default on his contract and it would be padlocked by the owner, and eventually entered. Finally, unless he placed her in an airtight container, the smell would quickly become very noticeable to anyone who got close to the unit. Dogs would not be needed, at least if she is dead (and I think most of us feel certain that she is). JMO

why did Jesse take his sister's car to Texas? did he ask for it? did he steal it? where was his orange car at this point?

is it safe to assume that there is no blood in the orange car because she was strangled outside of the car in a valley wooded area and then left there. thus no blood in the car or on his hands.

we still don't know what was found in the orange car, right? my guess is that they have a piece of her hair and that's about it

am I totally off base with these assumptions?

It does seem as thou JLM is concerned with his own comfort and needs. I doubt his cell is very comfortable and the food is not plentiful much less very tasty. Maybe, just maybe, he could be offered certain comforts he wouldn't otherwise have if he provides LE with "some" helpful information. Granted, he may not be able to tell LE exactly where Hannah IS, but he might be able to offer some "suggestions".

I completely agree. At the jail I worked in some of the food was ok, but most was not. When I say ok I mean french fries and tater tots, which as a staff member I got right out of the fryer. By the time inmates got their food it wasn't so hot. However, most inmates had quite a few sodas , cheese puffs and ramen noodles in their cells. They were always eating " hook ups " instead of their trays. Oh, and the bully's would take anything good they wanted from other people. JM seems quite entitled and I'm sure wants more food than he is given when he likes something and probably doesn't like a lot of the
food. I think food could be a real motivator for him. Unfortunately, I suspect he has plenty of money in his commissary account.

I don't know what the rules are where he is incarcerated tho. Some places won't allow you commissary on suicide watch

why did Jesse take his sister's car to Texas? did he ask for it? did he steal it? where was his orange car at this point?

is it safe to assume that there is no blood in the orange car because she was strangled outside of the car in a valley wooded area and then left there. thus no blood in the car or on his hands.

we still don't know what was found in the orange car, right? my guess is that they have a piece of her hair and that's about it

am I totally off base with these assumptions?

1) Who knows why he took his sister's car to Texas. Perhaps he grabbed the keys off the counter and they had a "you can use it whenever you need it" arrangement.
2) His orange car is in police impound.
3) No idea what it's safe to assume about anything, but I don't suppose there was an obvious massive amount of blood in the car or they would have arrested him on the spot for murder.
4) Something significant enough was found in the car for them to obtain a search warrant for his apartment. I doubt a hair would do that, particularly if he'd admitted to her getting in his car. We know he put his arm around her - a hair could have easily gotten on his shirt during that "battery" and then been transferred to his car (if you have long hair, you know what I mean). He was spoken to by LE when they came to search the car, but that seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle (see first PC when they announced they were looking for him). No idea what, if anything, he said.
5) They have said, as a result of a search (car?) they have a "forensic link" tying him to MH. Forensic evidence has been defined as: evidence obtained by scientific methods such as ballistics, blood test, and DNA test and used in court. -- http://definitions.uslegal.com/f/forensic-evidence/

Lot of variables SteveP. Dependent on scavenger activity, whether lime was used in a shallow grave, body clothed or wrapped in a tarp, found on dry land, swamp, creek. etc.
There are many Body Farm UTK videos that are available on youtube that may answer your questions...

http://fac.utk.edu/

I "studied" the research of these body farms for a day or so when looking for Mickey Shunick. It is definitely interesting. Each day a team member goes out to their assigned body and notes the temperature and changes of the body and TO the body from outside causes (animals, flies, etc.) with the hours that have passed.

Body Farm UT Knoxville
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDU0X9VVQn4 <video> <Warning Graphic>

Research - The Forensic Anthropology Center:
Dr. William M. Bass arrived at The University of Tennessee Knoxville in 1971. He oversaw the development of the forensic anthropology program at UTK, which culminated in the creation of the Forensic Anthropology Center within the Department of Anthropology.

The Anthropology Research Facility is the first of its kind to permit systematic study of human decomposition. The 1.3 acres of land made famous by Dr. Bass will soon be expanding. This addition will allow for studies using advanced technology to quantify how bodies interact with the environment.
The skeletal collections provide unparalleled opportunities to study modern human skeletal variation, pathology and trauma. The hallmark of these collections is the Bass Donated Skeletal Collection that now consists of nearly 1000 individuals, the largest collection of contemporary human skeletons in the United States.

http://insidecville.com/city/hannah-update-10-8-14/

Has anybody listened to Coy's podcast from today? I can't do 40 minutes of it. Anything relevant?

Did anyone ever find the link to the Inside Edition statement he made about a "development" over the weekend to discuss more?

Explains why JM isn't talking. Points out that RT is "serving two life sentences," though he has never revealed where the stunning Alexis Murphy is.

"Because it's that one nugget of power that he still has - over us, to make us suffer... Because that's what monsters do. They hurt people."

Reports about the search and the dozens of Virginians helping out, away from families. "Teams of 4" looking all day through thick and thin, exhausted. Not giving up, neither.

Speaks to the deep trauma for their community. "Grabbed this town by the throat." "Sadness hangs in the air."

How can the public help?
Spoke with Mark Eggeman, who leads a "herculean effort." People can help support search through Help the Next Girl's site (Gil Harrington's group that supports the search) or with local food donations even.

The search is an "LE effort," because of "critical considerations about evidence that they cannot risk being compromised."

Spoke with Jim Camblos today, who has met with JM for 20 minutes today and 7 - 8 times, thus far. Not all the evidence has yet been received, the he "believes has been collected." Presentation of evidence to establish probable cause on abduction and defiling charges, on Dec. 4th. Judge Downer will determine whether to send it to a grand jury. Their findings will then go back to judge, then trial, but it depends on evidence that they have.

"Voluminous amounts forensic/physical evidence." from the car.

Thanks everyone contacting with support from all over the world, those putting the issue at the fronts of their minds, and thanks CNN for being the only truck left, only national news still in Charlottesville, and he will update with Situation Room's Wolf Blitzer.

Any dealings with JM of any kind ever, call the tip line. It will help in the new phase of the search to build an accurate profile.

(this was paraphrased and haphazardly quoted, best could do for now, useful, revealing and worth the listen.)

http://insidecville.com/city/hannah-update-10-8-14/

Has anybody listened to Coy's podcast from today? I can't do 40 minutes of it. Anything relevant?

Did anyone ever find the link to the Inside Edition statement he made about a "development" over the weekend to discuss more?

Yes. I listened.

Coy was there today when the search crews were taking off. He talked to a guy from the VA Dep. of Emergency Mgmt. They are the lead in assisting the search. They are engaged in a "Herculean effort". They will be out there until it gets "to dark to see". They are committed to find Hannah. Help the searchers by bringing meals. Restaurants are helping. Go online to Help Save the Next Girl.com (Harrington parents) to donate money or food - any way to help the searchers. Coy was emphatic about helping the searchers. Do something!!

JM's atty. Camblos is a friend of Coy's and he was with/spoke with Camblos today. The atty. met with JM today for 20 minutes. Camblos has some of the preliminary evidence (not all) for the hearing that will take place on Dec. 4th, and has met with JM a total of 7 to 8 times. Camblos has not received all of the evidence that has been collected, but will take receipt of the rest of that before the preliminary hearing/presentation of probable cause.

"In all likelihood we are headed" into a Grand Jury, and then a court case. "I'm guessing it is physical or forensic evidence" and it is "voluminous evidence from the car" "I have been told" "at least something established the fact that Hannah was in the car"

All sourced from insidecville.com podcast 10/8.

That, and (Camblos) part is the only part that hasn't been revealed anywhere else. HTH.

1) Who knows why he took his sister's car to Texas. Perhaps he grabbed the keys off the counter and they had a "you can use it whenever you need it" arrangement.
2) His orange car is in police impound.
3) No idea what it's safe to assume about anything, but I don't suppose there was an obvious massive amount of blood in the car or they would have arrested him on the spot for murder.
4) Something significant enough was found in the car for them to obtain a search warrant for his apartment. I doubt a hair would do that, particularly if he'd admitted to her getting in his car. We know he put his arm around her - a hair could have easily gotten on his shirt during that "battery" and then been transferred to his car (if you have long hair, you know what I mean). He was spoken to by LE when they came to search the car, but that seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle (see first PC when they announced they were looking for him). No idea what, if anything, he said.
5) They have said, as a result of a search (car?) they have a "forensic link" tying him to MH. Forensic evidence has been defined as: evidence obtained by scientific methods such as ballistics, blood test, and DNA test and used in court. -- http://definitions.uslegal.com/f/forensic-evidence/

I knew LE had both cars in possession, but am wondering if we know when they took it?? I do have long hair, so that's why I figured they definitely found hair. But good point that he admitted to taking her and dropping her off. So they must have more than hair.

I am shocked that we aren't hearing more about EXACTLY how he obtained the sister's car. I feel like the police aren't telling the public enough. But what do I know? Just frustrated and so sad for the Grahams.

I just don't think Hannah is nearby. JMO Haven't they searched most of Albermarle and Charlottesville or are there still rugged, off the grid areas to search? And has anyone found any sources that can give a better timeline of JM's timeframe to take Hannah somewhere? I'm thinking JM was confident in wherever he has put Hannah, being that he did not flee until the search warrants came about. :gaah: :thinking:

Today was also the first time in nearly a month that there was not a daily update about the case in my area. (Cville surrounding cities). *sigh* I just want them to find her, and provide justice to her family and others. :(

He has at least two attorneys as FB friends...

And yet he knew well enough to play his chance as best possible with the law... there was somebody here who claimed to be related to friends of his, who hinted that he had friendly legal advice before he went for the list from the police. Not sure if it was confirmed.

I just don't think Hannah is nearby. JMO Haven't they searched most of Albermarle and Charlottesville or are there still rugged, off the grid areas to search? (

Most of the 200 sq. miles they have to search is private property. Without owner permission, that won't happen. A lot of it has absentee owners. A lot has probably been searched (but how well?) by owners and therefore, I think unfortunately, not to be searched again.

There are wells, ravines, creeks, rivers, dense woods, mountains, hills, abandoned buildings, empty buildings....200 sq. miles of it. Just in Albemarle. His awareness space extends well beyond Albemarle.

The timeframe is critical.

As far as the private property, they can ask.

I imagine they can fax or email absentee owners to get permission forms signed.

Some people may say no.

What a nightmare!

I'm wondering if they shouldn't be educating the public more as to what they actually should be looking for at this point. The only way she's alive is if she's being cared for (by someone else) indoors somewhere. The other option is to be looking for disturbed earth, rock piles, brush piles, etc. If people are looking for colors (clothing and phone case) or a body, they'll be blind to the other things they might see and ignore.

And I think this is why they are not using volunteers from the public anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74