Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they have searched the area where MH was found, but have there been searches around where MH was last seen? It seems like a game he might play. I am totally unfamiliar with the area so I have no idea if it would even be possible.

Richard Grissom killed 3 women in KS that have never been found. My aunt used to go out searching for them for a long time after they disappeared. It is known that he definitely kept them in a storage facility for some period of time. There are a few similarities in the crimes of RG and JLM so I keep thinking about those girls, too.

It was interesting that he could get to Earlysville, where they were searching today, all on back roads.

Yes, indeed you can, and it is the "back way" to getting to the local airport if you want to avoid traffic. Locals know it well.

What's the most secluded among the three place you list, the place least likely to be visited that only has one way in?

That's exactly the right question. As I've emphasized in a couple of previous posts, the average citizen doesn't know the answer to this question... but it would indeed be known to various deviant subcultures, including teen couples, teen drinkers, trespass-happy fishers, unlicensed or out-of-season hunters, litterers...

Yes, indeed you can (get to Earlysville on back roads), and it is the "back way" to getting to the local airport if you want to avoid traffic. Locals know it well.

The Destruction Derby condition of LJM's car would almost invite a cop to pull him over... it wouldn't surprise me if it were missing a headlight or taillight... the inspection and registration would likely be expired... so it makes sense that he'd avoid major, four-lane roads, where he and his car could be observed. The road to Earlysville (state route 743) is notoriously windy and has NO passing zones... perfect for his purposes.

The problem is that there are literally thousands of miles of logging roads, connecting all these places. Most aren't mapped but everyone knows about them. For instance, from Rockbridge County, I could travel all the way to Earlysville or Schuyler and never have to drive on paved roads. And while some of the roads might be rough, I could easily drive on them in a little volvo. The Blue Ridge Parkway has a lot of gravel roads jetting off the Parkway that connect to just about everywhere.

The problem is that there are literally thousands of miles of logging roads, connecting all these places. Most aren't mapped but everyone knows about them. For instance, from Rockbridge County, I could travel all the way to Earlysville or Schuyler and never have to drive on paved roads. And while some of the roads might be rough, I could easily drive on them in a little volvo. The Blue Ridge Parkway has a lot of gravel roads jetting off the Parkway that connect to just about everywhere.

He walked 1.3 miles to where Morgan Harrington was found, along a creek, back and forth to his car, unseen, unheard. The residents were away. It was familiar ground, from childhood and fishing. However he hid her, he may have returned to visit. And weather may have exposed her. He felt compelled to network with people who supported Gil Harrington's efforts, online. He may have been preparing for being a free man through this too. He has been much more careful this time, but he may have planned to revisit?

Maybe at some point, he ran into somebody outside his type, at the wrong moment, in the woods. That person, nobody would've ever seen again too, perhaps?

He walked 1.3 miles to where Morgan Harrington was found, along a creek, back and forth to his car, unseen, unheard. The residents were away. It was familiar ground, from childhood and fishing. However he hid here, he may have returned to visit. And weather may have exposed her. He felt compelled to network with people who supported Gil Harrington's efforts. He may have been preparing for being a free man through this too. He has been much more careful this time, but he may have planned to revisit?

This leads me to believe he is no stranger to the woods and can probably navigate all the logging roads, etc with no problem. I have lived in the Valley for most of my life and I could be dropped just about anywhere and use the mountains to guide myself home and I am not a hunter or fisherman.
I wish we had a better time frame. IMO, that could be very telling in where he went.

Tips will narrow it down. Everybody around there is thinking and talking. And possibly if you know an area that fit his needs and know what JM is looking for, that would exclude the 8 miles perimeter... you never know, somebody there may put the pieces together.

This leads me to believe he is no stranger to the woods and can probably navigate all the logging roads, etc with no problem. I have lived in the Valley for most of my life and I could be dropped just about anywhere and use the mountains to guide myself home and I am not a hunter or fisherman.
I wish we had a better time frame. IMO, that could be very telling in where he went.

He is very familiar with the woods. He grew up in the country, was on the Outdoor Club in high school, and was a fisherman. You would never know it from his looks (to me he looks very urban, with his fashionable hair), but he is indeed an outdoorsy kind of guy.

What does that mean? He reached out to people himself online? I've often wondered if the Harrington's bothered whoever was responsible for Morgan's brutal murder. They have strong voices and aren't afraid of standing up for their cause. Then they went on to found Save the Next Girl which could possibly bother the killer.

He walked 1.3 miles to where Morgan Harrington was found, along a creek, back and forth to his car, unseen, unheard. The residents were away. It was familiar ground, from childhood and fishing. However he hid her, he may have returned to visit. And weather may have exposed her. He felt compelled to network with people who supported Gil Harrington's efforts, online. He may have been preparing for being a free man through this too. He has been much more careful this time, but he may have planned to revisit?

Maybe at some point, he ran into somebody outside his type, at the wrong moment, in the woods. That person, nobody would've ever seen again too, perhaps?

This publication shared by Foxfire is a MUST READ!

Ugh. I cannot get it to copy and paste.

It is the FBI booklet on Serial Killers that has been referenced a couple of times just shortly up above.

I really recommend reading it.

A couple of things stick out to me.

The total normalcy of some if them. Married, children, good jobs, reading the Bible or having church positions. Mind blowing! Although I wonder what kind of husband/father they were.

Also, the fact that they get sloppier over time. They have not been caught so they feel they CANNOT get caught.

To me, this indicates that he has done a lot for which he has not been caught. I do not that not think MH or HG are his only murders.

He thinks he is invincible.

Do they get cigs in jail?

No booze. Father has alcohol issues so I would,not be surprised that the perp really likes the booze.

I hope all he has access to is a sponge bath.

I hope the food is his least favorite foods.

What else?

Would any little comfort get him to say anything to where she might be?

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

Does anyone remember how intensive the search efforst were for MH when she disappeared? Clearly they did not search the Anchorage Farm where MH ended up being found by the owner Mr Bass several months afterwards. He stated that he could not search every bit of his farm and that it was sheer chance even that he spotted MH's remains. I 'm assuming LE thoroughly searched his farm this time.

With so many private farms like Anchorage out there where it really is not feasible for the owners to adequately search it, has LE been asking to let their dogs loose on such property? As Bass out and out said about his farm, private owners simply are not going to be capable of search the way the professional search teams with their resources, and the dogs would be able to do. If indeed MH is one of JM's victims, then it is likely that he might have used another private farm, possilby one where the owners are absentee, knowing that it would not likely be searched.

I was asking about the MH search, because clearly Anchorage farm, as a private one, was not searched by LE. Were the public properties around Anchorage Farm searched, with that one left out because it was private? Or did LE just not search there? If there are a lot of private properties not being searched within the parameters that LE is searching, just word asking the owners to search, that's an awfully big gap. We know right out that Bass who found MH either did not search for her on his property when she was reported missing, or did so and missed her. And he says right out that he is not capable of searching his farm in the way that made it likely to find her.

Because it seems to me, the best bet to hide a body in that area, is to find a privately owned farm where the owners just aren't around. LE can't go there, they aren't there to search and if it's difficult terrain, even if the owners did a cursory walk/ride through, the chances of finding anything as civilians is very low Really dogs, should be let loose in all of those areas, and if the owners can't be found, oh well,. Only if the owners outright refuse permission, should any such properties be skipped, and frankly I'd be a bit suspicious if anyone said no. Who wants the possibility of having a dead human body on their property? I have said outright that I have my doubts that I would find a corpse hidden in some areas of my suburban one acre property that is nothing like the Charlottesville terrain that is being searched.

having lived in cville/schulyer and scottsville area for over 28 years, i will attest to the fact that there is just soooo much land to search and so many back roads that are not "marked" on maps but they are def there...

Does anyone remember how intensive the search efforst were for MH when she disappeared? Clearly they did not search the Anchorage Farm where MH ended up being found by the owner Mr Bass several months afterwards. He stated that he could not search every bit of his farm and that it was sheer chance even that he spotted MH's remains. I 'm assuming LE thoroughly searched his farm this time.

With so many private farms like Anchorage out there where it really is not feasible for the owners to adequately search it, has LE been asking to let their dogs loose on such property? As Bass out and out said about his farm, private owners simply are not going to be capable of search the way the professional search teams with their resources, and the dogs would be able to do. If indeed MH is one of JM's victims, then it is likely that he might have used another private farm, possilby one where the owners are absentee, knowing that it would not likely be searched.

I was asking about the MH search, because clearly Anchorage farm, as a private one, was not searched by LE. Were the public properties around Anchorage Farm searched, with that one left out because it was private? Or did LE just not search there? If there are a lot of private properties not being searched within the parameters that LE is searching, just word asking the owners to search, that's an awfully big gap. We know right out that Bass who found MH either did not search for her on his property when she was reported missing, or did so and missed her. And he says right out that he is not capable of searching his farm in the way that made it likely to find her.

Because it seems to me, the best bet to hide a body in that area, is to find a privately owned farm where the owners just aren't around. LE can't go there, they aren't there to search and if it's difficult terrain, even if the owners did a cursory walk/ride through, the chances of finding anything as civilians is very low Really dogs, should be let loose in all of those areas, and if the owners can't be found, oh well,. Only if the owners outright refuse permission, should any such properties be skipped, and frankly I'd be a bit suspicious if anyone said no. Who wants the possibility of having a dead human body on their property? I have said outright that I have my doubts that I would find a corpse hidden in some areas of my suburban one acre property that is nothing like the Charlottesville terrain that is being searched.

there are literally hundreds of estates and farms like that in the cville/surrounding areas... almost an impossible task to search them all...

The person posting on the forum seemed to think so, a friend attorney or friendly attorney, but not sure it's verified. Both his traffic infraction attorney's were reported not to be involved with his case.

one very good friend of his is a lawyer

Actually, I think Walton's Mountain is pretty close to Schuyler... It's been a while. Yup. Just checked the map. I was thinking WM was on the other side of 29... Again...it's been a while.

schuyler and walton's mountain are very, very secluded and rarely crowded... know this by having lived there

That's exactly the right question. As I've emphasized in a couple of previous posts, the average citizen doesn't know the answer to this question... but it would indeed be known to various deviant subcultures, including teen couples, teen drinkers, trespass-happy fishers, unlicensed or out-of-season hunters, litterers...
. Pretty much anyone who has driven the area knows that these roads are secluded. I mean, if *I* know...

I feel she's on private property, just like MH. LE must also think this...the aerial search may show something that's on private land, and all of that footage started being looked at yesterday. So it may turn something up.
It's strange to me that this search has turned up zilch. I thought they might find Alexis Murphy, too....I guess its not over, and there is still the aerial footage to sift through...

I just don't know what the next step is if they don't find her. Does anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie