Magnotta March Prelim Hearing & Trial Day 1 - Sep 29, 2014 - Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Call me a prude, but, wth is a coffee enema?
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-7065/10-reasons-why-you-should-try-a-coffee-enema.html
Heard about it in many alt health circles. Personally I think it may help some things and if someone feels it helps them...more power to them. I doubt its a cure all for everything it claims though of course,..and in this case I doubt it happened for any supposed health benefits....enemas are part of some peoples sexual fetish. And this dude has a lot of them

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 1h 1 hour ago

#Magnotta getting underway soon. Jury not in yet.

#Magnotta hasn't started yet but when it does, pathologist Yann Daze continues testimony

Both overflow rooms for #Magnotta trial practically empty. People starting Thanksgiving early?

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 57m 57 minutes ago

Jury has entered courtroom. Pathologist Yann Daze is on the stand #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 57m 57 minutes ago

Daze said there were no signs that Lin Jun tried to defend himself #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 55m 55 minutes ago

Any signs of bondage could have disappeared as the body decomposed, Daze says #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 55m 55 minutes ago

Defence Luc Leclair cross examining Daze now #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 39m 39 minutes ago

Why didn't you watch video? Leclair asks. I was to examine body, not video, Daze says. And I see enough disgusting things on job #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 36m 36 minutes ago

I said I see enough disgusting things in my job. I didn't call the video disgusting, Daze says. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 32m 32 minutes ago

I would tell students to make their own opinion during autopsy without seeking outside information, Daze says #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 31m 31 minutes ago

Where are the photos you took of autopsy? Leclair ask. I have them, Daze says, pulling out photo of spinal cord. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 29m 29 minutes ago

Daze says that even in 2014, photography has its limits. We're looking at something that looks like a black tree. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 27m 27 minutes ago

Leclair insists on seeing another photo. Why isn't there a better photo he asks? Cause that's the best I could do, Daze says #magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 23m 23 minutes ago

Leclair pulling out electric saw, asks Daze to pick it up. Daze says he doesn't want to contaminate it. Put gloves on, says Leclair#Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 22m 22 minutes ago

Daze refuses to touch the small saw, despite Leclair telling him to do so. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 22m 22 minutes ago

Leclair starts up saw and it makes earsplitting sound. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 21m 21 minutes ago

Daze explaining how the saw works but still not touching it. But he is wearing gloves #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 17m 17 minutes ago

Have you had experience with hammers? Leclair asks. Yes, Daze says #magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 16m 16 minutes ago

Why do you say victim was hit several times with a hammer? asks Leclair. Based on the over thousand autopsies I've done, Daze says #magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 16m 16 minutes ago

Not all hammers are the same, Daze says #magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 14m 14 minutes ago

Witness doesn't want to touch the hammer either. Leclair picking it up and says would take a lot of force to break something. hammers desk

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 13m 13 minutes ago

More force we use, the more it will damage what we hit, Leclair says. I'm not an engineer, Daze says. Exactly, Leclair says #magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 13m 13 minutes ago

I stand by my opinion that it took more than one blow with hammer to cause that damage, Daze says. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 10m 10 minutes ago

20 minute break in #Magnotta

It appears that Leclair is going to be offensive with everyone. Looks like he goes for "shock and awe" in the courtroom. He is well matched with his client IMO. :(

I found this particular tweet very interesting:

@Robin Edgar:
Yann Dazé says that the tips of Jun Lin's fingers were "irregularly" cut, as if Luka #Magnotta was trying to remove-destroy his fingerprints
8:36 PM - 9 Oct 2014

Seems like LM wanted to act like a super-clever killer, but in fact he is totally stupid. Today there are plenty of other ways to get someone ID'd other than using fingerprints...

It really seems to me that LM wanted everyone to think that he was the one who had been murdered.

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 7m7 minutes ago
Jury back from break. Leclair now asks Daze on the topic of dismemberment. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 5m5 minutes ago
When asked if hard to dismember body, Daze said if the blade is sharp and if the bones are broken then he would say no. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 5m5 minutes ago
However, Daze, did say that breaking bones takes a bit more strength. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 5m5 minutes ago
Leclair now going over Daze's CV. #magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 4m4 minutes ago
Daze says Leclair is looking at old version of CV #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 4m4 minutes ago
Witness says has testified in cases 25 times since September. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 3m3 minutes ago
On autopsies involving hammers, less than a dozen witness says. They're rare. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 3m3 minutes ago
That's the end of Daze's testimony. Judge asks jury to leave but they will come back soon. #magnotta

Judge tells jury wants to address issue with them before leaving for the holiday weekend. But first he has to speak with lawyers. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 6m6 minutes ago
Discussion over. Getting the jury. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 6m6 minutes ago
Jury back in the courtroom. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 5m5 minutes ago
Judge wishes the jury a happy Thanksgiving, tells them to get some rest and will see them on Tuesday. #Magnotta

Day Nine is over. #Magnotta #CJAD

Hi people:

Let's leave this thread open in case folks want to discuss some of the stuff that happened today/this week.

On Tuesday morning, I'll alert Salem to shut it down and we can continue with Thread #2 after Thanksgiving.

Is that OK with everyone?

And.......HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEKEND, CANADA!:autumn: :leaf2: :turkey:

I bet they're googling coffee enemas too. :cup: :giggle:

I'd also like to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and I'll see you all next week. Special thanks to No_Stone_Unturned for keeping us organized. :tyou:

Speaking of keeping us organised - how are you guys going to treat the rest of the trial? Are you going to continue the onerous task of tweeting the whole thing? KAMILLE AND SILLYBILLY ARE HEROES! :yourock:

How are we going to deal with the next 6 - 8 weeks of trial postings. (I have no answer because I don't even know how our heroes posted the tweets in order!:blushing:)

Well if one of you will remember to alert me, I'll come and close this thread up late Monday night and we can start using the other thread.

Salem

Hi all:

I've just asked Salem to lock this thread. See you tomorrow in Thread #2 for the trial.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member