Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
N: What was the negligence here?

MJ: That he unintentionally fired a shot.

N: That wasn't in the judgement. I have no further questions.

Roux doesn't have any questions.

Judge now asks what the community service wld be. Cleaning.

Nel's doing it "for the record" now. For appeal.

Roux just asked witness to 'identify those bodies'.

He's on a role with foot in mouth stuff at the moment.

Alex Crawford @AlexCrawfordSky

#OscarTrial The Judge may take the view the runner's agent has a vested interest in the athlete resuming his career asap.

BBM .. I wouldn't want him anywhere NEAR me, if I were in that hospital and I'm certain there will be many others who will feel the same way .. how DARE they try and inflict him on sick, vulnerable people .. why should they have to be assisted by a cold blooded murderer!

If I were in that hospital, or if I went to that museum, and saw him cleaning .. I would bluddy spit on him every time I saw him .. I hope he gets hell from the public if and when he carries out this pathetic excuse for a sentence.

#OscarTrial Maringa says he wd do 8 hours a day, twice in a month....(community service such as cleaning hospital yard)

toilets would be more fitting or bedpans --

This witnesses going thru all Op's past charitable work, Unicef etc...

#OscarTrial The Judge may take the view the runner's agent has a vested interest in the athlete resuming his career asap.

Likewise if he resumes his career, if he ever comes to the UK to run, I hope the crowd collectively spits on him and if I could be there to do that, I would (sod's law I would end up getting tickets for the wrong day .. I think it's a bit of a 'luck of the draw' thing with these athletic events, depending when competitors get through to each stage and on what day)

Ugh. Me and OP have both done charity work for Leonard Cheshire Homes in the UK....

Thanks for the tweet but I very much doubt it - clutching at straws IMO.

MJ says he really thought of Reeva's family. Really does.
He's thought of them about as much as OP's family has thought of them.

If he gets a few lousy hours community service for acting in a way no reasonable person would have acted (even Masipa said a reasonable person would probably not have acted in that way), then the whole family is home laughing, and Reeva's family will be crushed (yet again). Also, have any of us seen evidence of a grieving broken man in the past 20 months? I've seen someone who was suspiciously quick in getting almost all of his bail conditions lifted (despite being in severe mourning...) someone who went on holiday, met a new girl, went clubbing, got into fights, had his phone wiped to destroy evidence- and we're expected to believe those are the actions of a broken man? Oh please. Lock him up and keep other women safe. This should NOT be treated like a little accident. He KILLED Reeva and LIED throughout the trial. For God's sake Masipa, put some value on the life HE took.

VZ: Mr P personified this slogan...they really wanted him

R: Live for a dream?

If I were in that hospital, or if I went to that museum, and saw him cleaning .. I would bluddy spit on him every time I saw him .. I hope he gets hell from the public if and when he carries out this pathetic for a sentence.

This may well happen-- Zimmerman and Casey Anthony both complained of not being able to live a life out in the public realm anymore.

Using OP's past charity work as a mitigating factor is ridiculous. Most high profile professional athletes are involved in charity work as part of their PR image. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, in terms of the athlete's character.

Nonprofits are always eager to bring a celebrity on board because it benefits the nonprofit.

High profile pro athletes can then point to their so-called "charity" work, when all they really do is show up for photo ops and fund raisers because it makes them look good & enhances the athlete's brand.

I don't believe for a single second that OP gave a fig about any of the charities he licensed his name to.

Not to denigrate his charity work but there is also an upside for him and any other 'celeb' in doing it in terms of public perceptions, good PR and so on. And none of that will have the same cachet in relation to him anymore will it.

Using OP's past charity work as a mitigating factor is ridiculous. Most high profile professional athletes are involved in charity work as part of their PR image. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, in terms of the athlete's character.

Nonprofits are always eager to bring a celebrity on board because it benefits the nonprofit.

High profile pro athletes can then point to their so-called "charity" work, when all they really do is show up for photo ops and fund raisers because it makes them look good.

I don't believe for a single second that OP gave a fig about any of the charities he licensed his name to.

great dinners, and opportunities to meet pretty women! lots more benefit to him than the charities...........JMHO

VZ: He would attend local charities, also on a global scale. Mr P has always been a very private person....I wasn't allowed to reveal...we got private appeals on website.....Op used some of his OWN funds to give a corporate talk

I think he is saying OP would give photos and talks for free, but if things costing money concerned, he wld ask other pple (making prosthetics, for example).

Plus, OP got blisters helping a girl in Italy, and got bitten by a young kid! Everyone around was so concerned!

High profile pro athletes can then point to their so-called "charity" work, when all they really do is show up for photo ops and fund raisers because it makes them look good.

We are basically thinking the same thing. I know a little of that aspect from tree planting ceremonies when I worked in the Royal Parks - none of the pollies or celebs did anything except turn a bit of soil with a polished spade. In fact, I planted Pavarotti's tree in Hyde Park. He just arrived in a limo for the photo op. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn