Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I hope they're not advocating OP be working with children, ever.

For the Aussies out there. I'm having terrible problems with my feeds but I've just discovered it's being televised live on the APAC channel on Foxtel. Perfect picture and sound. Unfortunately, I'll have to leave my PC for the time being.

Vz bringing up Uni of Strathclyde now, (Scotland) how OP worked with them.

I'm having terrible problems with my feeds. I've just discovered it's being televised live on the APAC channel on Foxtel. Perfect picture and sound. Unfortunately, I'll have to leave my PC for the time being.

NOooooooo

We are on page 13/14 of OP's charitable work now. Mentioning Lord Seb Coe. A personal letter Seb wrote, thanking OP for his work.

Using OP's past charity work as a mitigating factor is ridiculous. Most high profile professional athletes are involved in charity work as part of their PR image. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, in terms of the athlete's character.

Nonprofits are always eager to bring a celebrity on board because it benefits the nonprofit.

High profile pro athletes can then point to their so-called "charity" work, when all they really do is show up for photo ops and fund raisers because it makes them look good.

I don't believe for a single second that OP gave a fig about any of the charities he licensed his name to.

I think he's actually trying to hint to the judge that charity work should be his sentence. Laughable that he's hinting at doing corporate events too as he'd be treated like royalty at those things.

He won't get back into the UK. The outrage would be worse than it was for Mike Tyson and if we can ban somebody for hate speech, then there's no way he's getting in with a culpable homicide verdict. His USA visas wouldn't be allowed either.

Mr Coe recommends OP. Ha ha ha ha! Lots in the UK will have a view of that one.

Jimmy Savile did a lot of work for charity...

Absolutely! It's all utterly meaningless .. and none of these charities will want to have anything to do with him any more anyway, who wants a vile killer in their midst?!

Umm Russian lady who thanked him. Heard her name but can't spell it.

Museum of London also brought up.

OP seems to have been in UK a lot? Wonder if he will head there, once he's freed? And what kind of reception he will get?

Poor Bobby Charlton (famous UK former soccer player) dragged into this now. He's a national hero in the UK.

VZ: Mr P was exposed to land mine victims in Mozambique (I think?)

'Exposed'. Makes them sound infectious. :(

Vz bringing up Uni of Strathclyde now, (Scotland) how OP worked with them.

Yes, they did all the work and he went to visit them .. and that will be about the sum of it.

All these charitable things are things in the past anyway, so I don't know why Vz is talking about them as if they are in the present .. the majority of those charities will want nothing to do with him now.

We are on page 13/14 of OP's charitable work now. Mentioning Lord Seb Coe. A personal letter Seb wrote, thanking OP for his work.

The relevance of this is.....?

Using OP's past charity work as a mitigating factor is ridiculous. Most high profile professional athletes are involved in charity work as part of their PR image. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, in terms of the athlete's character.

Nonprofits are always eager to bring a celebrity on board because it benefits the nonprofit.

High profile pro athletes can then point to their so-called "charity" work, when all they really do is show up for photo ops and fund raisers because it makes them look good.

I don't believe for a single second that OP gave a fig about any of the charities he licensed his name to.

For the most part, I believe "charity work" is "PR angle" that is exploited by athletes, celebrities, etc. They know it's an ace in the hole for them if they run into public controversy.

Umm Russian lady who thanked him. Heard her name but can't spell it.

Museum of London also brought up.

OP seems to have been in UK a lot? Wonder if he will head there, once he's freed? And what kind of reception he will get?

Poor Bobby Charlton (famous UK former soccer player) dragged into this now. He's a national hero in the UK.

He will go down very badly. I know nobody who thinks he anything but a murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288