Ebola outbreak - general thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't explain why ....I just dont buy this cr$p about the nurse being sick on Fri -- I think its folks trying to blur up everything spread out blame etc.

News seems to keep forgetting that , at the end of the day, this is about suffering possibly deaalth . Why on earth would a nurse, who had worked with a deceases Ebola pt,not "tell" anyone. Its her life . She is a anurse. She knows the earlier the intervention the better the prognosis

so they want us to believe, just like all the confusion about DUncan on day one , that she thought ah heck, it may just be Ebola, I am gonna go hang out with my loved ones

that IMO is just not credible makes no sense --its about her life who is gonna lie about that????

A trained health care provider ????

The nurse whistleblower thinks the nurses who treat ebola should have the phone number of the Obama administration..

Not sure what good that would do....If I were her, I'd want the phone # of, maybe Doctors Without Borders or someone having some semblance of success in containing the virus/treating patients. I can appreciate the nurses' frustration....believe me! but now is the time for rational thought, IMO.

Aren't they talking about the Frontier flight?

ETA (clarification) The quarantined military member was on the Frontier flight.

Thank you. I mistakenly thought they were talking about her flight to Emory.

Wow, just heard on CNN (Elizabeth Cohen) Presby is 2/3 empty. People are too afraid to go there.

Perhaps the only way the Texas hospital will get any patients back is to properly train their personnel and reopen as an ebola hospital.

Okay, I respect the right of this nurse to speak up and hopefully it will be without ramification. I hope nothing bad happens to her job especially knowing she is the bread winner in her family and has two children. But, :giggle: that statement strikes me as absurd and funny.

I don't understand what you mean about that being funny?? Given the dangerous working conditions and the fact that two nurses have been infected, what she said makes sense to me...

I feel so bad for both of these girls, their youth is on their side. It will be interesting to see the difference in their progress since Nina came in soon after and was given Dr Brantly's blood/plasma and Amber probably infected the same time but no form of treatment yet as we know. They will be totally different in their response to this. I hope they have something for Amber to help her through this. jmo idk

Sorry all but so much happened in the last day I've lost track of ' patients being tested' anywhere. How many are there currently with pending tests out that we don't know are negative? Also any news on nurse one's bf ? TIA

I don't understand what you mean about that being funny?? Given the dangerous working conditions and the fact that two nurses have been infected, what she said makes sense to me...

You think every ebola nurse should get Obama's number?

Nurse Briana Aguirre and I live in the same county. Admire her for speaking out.

Also, 4 other Rockwall county residents were on the same flight as Nurse Vinson.

Anderson Cooper and Briana are making it sound like they were actually made to put tape on their necks.

I feel so bad for both of these girls, their youth is on their side. It will be interesting to see the difference in their progress since Nina came in soon after and was given Dr Brantly's blood/plasma and Amber probably infected the same time but no form of treatment yet as we know. They will be totally different in their response to this. I hope they have something for Amber to help her through this. jmo idk
Has Amber had a blood/plasma transfusion yet? Was Dr.Brantly's blood plasma a match for her?

You think every ebola nurse should get Obama's number?

Let's just say that given the huge and dangerous mess that's been made so far, I don't think it's humorous that the health care workers would like to speak to the person who is supposed to be in charge of things in this country.

Has Amber had a blood/plasma transfusion yet? Was Dr.Brantly's blood plasma a match for her?

How does the blood transfusion of a previous infected patient help with the virus/ healing process? Sorry if this has been explained before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet Brantly is tapped out--he just gave to Nina. I'm wondering if the kid who gave Brantly plasma could give some to Amber.

I am quite political on my facebook page, always talking about what is happening in the world, and as such is known in the family as the bit mad aunty.

My nephew has just posted on my page, an article/blog from a scientist in Ghana who is really sprouting the conspiracy theories that I am sure many of us have read re how ebola started and why it is in Africa etc.

I dont believe them, and mods please note I am only bringing up such things as it was saying that amongst the younger generations this guys page has become an internet sensation and has had millions of views. That is very scary. Just reading the comments alone and how people in the western world, especially younger generations are thinking and questioning......

Time for all world leaders to get together as one force and start showing the world that this is a worldwide problem that we as a whole need to combat.

Let's just say that given the huge and dangerous mess that's been made so far, I don't think it's humorous that the health care workers would like to speak to the person who is supposed to be in charge of things in this country.

Um, ok.

How does the blood transfusion of a previous infected patient help with the virus/ healing process? Sorry if this has been explained before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It can help by supplying the infected patient with anti-bodies to help fight the virus I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken