Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time posting her but I've lurked for some time. I've followed Morgan, Alexis, and Hannah's cases from the begining as a member of the community. My heart breaks for Hannah's family and I'm so angry that this has happened here again. I found this post from Gil's website and thought I'd share it. It's chilling and was only posted a year from yesterday, the day Hannah was found.

Honey, we are getting tired, need a break. At times we long to tuck tail and slink away; but there’s still a killer out there whose appetite only increases. His jets are starting to hum and compulsions grow. Is it time? It is if he gets a chance, finds the weak one, seizes the opportunity. Charlottesville, please don’t let that happen. Don’t let him kill again. Be vigilant. Be aware. Know your neighbors. Participate in your community. Please Help Save The Next Girl.

I watched that video the first 50 times I watched it thinking about fate verses free will on a spiritual level.

It was a normal weekend for Hannah ,she was were she was supposed to be ,and then she is not. She is just gone . Did fate direct her there?
I decided evil can effect your fate and overtake your free will and guide you into it clutches. The devil is real.

Destiny or fate is a predetermined course of events. [1] It may be conceived as a predetermined future, whether in general or of an individual. It is a concept based on the belief that there is a fixed natural order to the cosmos

I am a firm believer in this!

If it was warm and humid, all soft tissue could be gone even in a week (I've seen that happen with dead animals in a warm climate). 35 days is a long time, could well be just bones, some hair maybe. And if there are vultures and other small scavengers they will pick it clean anyway. Sorry to be graphic! :(

You are correct on the scavengers in the surrounding area. Living in similar surroundings there was plenty of time since sept 13-14 for there to be skeletal remains left. And yes vultures are here, turkey vultures can smell decomp from a mile away.

...... Do you think that LE would call off this massive search for Hannah because they found a skeleton without any personal details around or with the body, say clothing, jewelry -other etc that would lead them to believe it is Hannah? I'm sure there are more skelton remains miss attributed however, this case is so visible, so intense.
......Why involve her parents who are torn apart by this, bring her father to the site without significant evidence and imply that this skeleton is his daughter? Who does that? LE on a hunch ?
That seems very cruel and shoddy and unlike the way Longo has addressed this investigation from the start. So, if all the people involved are jumping to conclusions and racing to a close- what is the benefit? Who profits from creating misinformation about this tragedy? Careers are on the line then, no? Loved ones mocked and taken on an emotional rollercoaster ride, unthinkable.
It makes no sense to jump to a Hannah conclusion, so giving the searchers more credit than that- perhaps they have a big reason to believe it is her and it's not going to be revealed because it's evidence that may be used at trial.
Im sorry I missed that Hannahs father was taken there. How do we know?

I hope Sargeant Dale Terry had his head handed to him for granting that exclusive interview about finding what appears to be Hannah. If it had come from a private citizen, I would understand. This guy is LE. I assume they had been briefed and told to keep their mouths shut about details, long before she was found. I don't think it was right for LE to be discussing condition of remains on any level, unless clearing it with the Prosecutor and superiors.

Yes, water and temperature will speed up decomp.

ETA: Also, NOT being buried will result in a much faster decomp than for buried bodies.

but the body goes thru stages.
decomp then prutrification thts when the odor comes.

I know the article describing neighbor Lori Hamilton and her husband smelling something "bad" and seeing vultures has already been posted, but this is the video of that interview with Lori Hamilton.

Skip to the 0:50 second mark to view the segment with Ms. Hamilton.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26822378/neighbors-react-to-human-remains-believed-to-be-hannah-graham

I don't believe the neighbor that was interviewed. I highly doubt skeletal remains have an odor. The odor would have been noticeable weeks ago, not a few days ago. Aah, the 15 seconds of fame and tv cameras....

Unknown. The poster did not disclose the source of that image, which may be why it was taken down. May have been a wildlife cam.

Hopefully some sent both of these through to LE.

JMO

I don't believe the neighbor that was interviewed. I highly doubt skeletal remains have an odor. The odor would have been noticeable weeks ago, not a few days ago. Aah, the 15 seconds of fame and tv cameras....

It was likely a dead animal that they smelled. IMO

I apologize for being so blunt when discussing the remains of a beautiful young lady.

From everything I've read, it's possible that a body could be skeletonized in as little as 2 weeks. It appears that a warm, humid environment speeds up decomposition significantly. Scavengers will also apparently speed up the process.

With regard to her hair, Caylee Anthony is brought to mind--remember the "hair mat"? If Hannah's body were left in a creek bed that captured runoff, her hair could have possibly simply washed away in a storm after it had fallen off of the body. No skin means nothing to which the hair can attach.

So sad all around.

MOO as always, of course.

I think decomposition of hair strands may also depend on the texture of the hair. To me, it appeared that MH had quite thick hair whereas it appears as though Hannah had very fine hair as did Caylee Anthony.

I have been praying every day that I would see "Found" on the Hannah thread. Last night, after a memorial service for my MIL, I checked again and saw that remains had been found. Thanks to all of you that posted links.

I was troubled by the Sheriff's officer that spoke on camera. Longo has held the investigation info tight to the vest. For the SO to state on camera that the skeletal remains looked intact to his eye might be perceived as misleading. I have no idea how much forensic experience he has, but it seemed to me that his comments are circumspect.

I am glad they found her. I just hope nothing is said that can be used by JM defense attorney. JMV

they seemingly had to do a PC about the body (and the closed road and the canceled search), and it would have been cruel not to tell them about the find before they did that. Ugh.

I don't remember the exact wording, but he did say very soon after finding the body they informed the Grahams. The way he said it made me assume he was fairly certain it was Hannah and LE told the Grahams almost immediately.

rsbm

I'm a girl, I'm the same age Morgan was when she died, and I'm starting college very soon. This case really scares me and I don't know what I would do if I were in a situation like that. It makes me realize how vulnerable and weak I am at 5'4 and 140-some pounds and not being very fast. I'm seriously considering buying pepper spray now.

BBM:

As one who has had experience with keeping an eye out/learning to protect myself from a very dangerous and active predator in my community (I suppose they are everywhere, and one might never know sometimes), my main advice is to keep a personal perimeter around you (don't let anyone get too close to you). For example when someone on the street approaches me to ask for money or a cigarette (quite common in my area here in Colorado) I am sure to keep my distance...sometimes I even put my arm straight out in front of me and tell them, "Hey, jump back Jack...". One has to be extra assertive and not appear vulnerable in the least way...this means posture, tone of voice, etc... Always be aware of your surroundings, constantly do a 360 scan, watch out for blind spots like when you go around corners, trees, etc. If you feel you are close to being attacked, the best thing one can do imo is RUN, and avoid a physical confrontation at all costs, even if you are skilled in martial arts or have a weapon. Do not allow an opportunity for someone to get close enough to overpower you, if you can help it. And if God forbid you are physically attacked, fight back with everything, bite, get all the dna you can, and whatever happens, never let someone remove you from the location where you currently are. I carry all kinds of deterrents, lights, whistles, sirens, other things that I can easily access...always have your phone handy! (and charged---keep a spare charger with you). And do not be digging for your keys in parking lots, garages, etc. Have your keys ready. Try not to park way far out in lots, etc.

My friend was attacked in a mall parking lot. I always envisioned a predator sneaking up on you, or popping out of the bushes, etc, but I learned from her case that sometimes they come running at you full speed in plain view, just like a football player. The guy that attacked her was as big as JM, and he literally came running at her from way far away in the parking lot as she was getting into her car. She saw this man running coming towards her with this angry look on her face, he was cursing...

Hopefully nothing like this will ever happen to anyone here. But I'm 100% serious when I say you have to watch your back at all times. It seems to me there is no shortage of violent predators out there. I wish I did not have to lock my doors, etc, but unfortunately the days of not locking your doors are over, imo.

Eta: And Never, under any circumstances, leave your drink unattended at the bar. Even for a second. If I forget, I ask for a new one. Even asking someone to watch your drink does not protect you, because they might get distracted themselves. Also, do not accept drinks from strangers.

Everything is jmo

I've read a lot of speculation about JM returning to the scene to clean up the body and pants with bleach. That doesn't seem logical to me at all. If he was going to take the chance of returning to the scene to bleach the pants, why not just bury them? Or take them away and dispose of them in a dumpster or something? I just don't see him out there with rubber gloves and a bucket of bleach rinsing Hannah's pants of his DNA, only to then leave them and her body unburied.

What is more likely is that he killed her there and left everything exposed because he believed she would never be traced back to him, just as Morgan had not been traced back to him after he disposed of her in a field.

I don't believe he was cognizant of all the cameras that might have linked him to Hannah that evening. I believe he believed he would be able to just talk his way out of having been seen with her if a witness ever materialized. While he might leave evidence behind, he never thought they would link it back to HIM.

IMO

Ok... I will bite... How do you know?

because lj has been my nephew's best friend for years and the idea that this man who has been in my home could be the person we saw on posters after mh's death was connect to the Nova rape, just never entered my mind.

because lj has been my nephew's best friend for years and the idea that this man who has been in my home could be the person we saw on posters after mh's death was connect to the Nova rape, just never entered my mind.

I am so sorry Paulap. This must be so devastating for you and your family too. I hope your nephew is doing ok. Sending prayers your way.

Morgan's necklace was never found, correct? I can't remember if Hannah was wearing any jewelry, but JM seems to be the type to keep momentos of his "adventures"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes